BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Drummers: Should They Stay Or Should They Go

Should They Stay or Should They Go  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Should They Stay or Should They Go ?

• Keep Them. I like them.
    • Keep Them. But get them to drum in time
    • Keep Them. But get them to stop trying to put off the keeper
    • Keep Them. But only for big games
    • I simply don't care.
    • Get Rid. Simple as that

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the drummer boys were removed then sure the atmosphere would take a hit for a couple of games, but eventually it would get back to what it should be- people singing proper football songs not crap like

"bang bang bang get into em".

In my opinion, they are an embarrassment to the club and a point of ridicule for most other footy fans- so many times i have spoken to supporters of opposition teams, and the first thing they mention is how embarrassing the drummers are!

I have absolutely nothing against them personally, and know they would bleed blue and white. They are only trying their best to help the atmosphere at ewood, but lets at least give it 1 season without them?!?

:brfc:

Just needs to be a straight 'Yes' or 'No' in the form of a poll on here and then submit to the club.

Hell, get rid of the drummer(s) and get those under 25 or so to sing the correct words of 'will we play.....' (instead of 'till we play......' ) and everything will be sorted.

No nay never (clap, clap, clap, clap) No nay never no more (clap, clap) WILL WE PLAY Burnley Bar Stewards, No never no more........... :brfc:

Jeez! All these years i`ve been singing it wrong...i`ve been singing "will we play the Burnley b@st@rds, No never no more!" :unsure:

I`m all embarrassed now :unsure:

I've personally offered to meet the drummers to discuss the situation. My thought was to find a compromise that suited those who like and those who hate them. it's unfair to post the ideas I had on the matter. I didn't get a response.

What compromise can there be ? They either stay or go . :huh:

when i get over for the home games,my lad who is almost 4 usually annoys the two drummers to death for a go on the things,have you ever noticed that in the middle of the 2nd half theyre normally quiet...why?they cant be arsed chasing him round to get their sticks back :P:lol: (look out for him at the man city game) :rover:

I dont mind having one drummer like there was previously, what annoys me are these little chavs who get hold of a drum and start banging every 5 seconds.

Keep it at one drum.

oh oh Jordan... and I thought you where sensible :P

Had a conversation with an ex-fans forum chairman and ex-drummer last night. Apparently, John Williams rang him recently to discuss whether the club should get rid of the drummer or not. His opinion (the ex-FF chairmans, not John Williams') was that the majority of Rovers fans want to keep the drummer, and that's what he told JW. I told him that I didn't agree.

One point he made that I did agree with though was that it's unfair to criticise the fella who bangs the drum personally. He does it out of a genuine love of the club and believes he's helping the atmosphere, not ruining it. Apparently he was quite upset when he heard about the criticism of him on internet messageboards as he usually only gets positive feedback from the fans he meets face-to-face.

As for BRISA's stance, the drumming issue was touched on in the Attendance Doc and has been mentioned in our meetings to the club. They are aware of our feelings.

Had a conversation with an ex-fans forum chairman and ex-drummer last night. Apparently, John Williams rang him recently to discuss whether the club should get rid of the drummer or not. His opinion (the ex-FF chairmans, not John Williams') was that the majority of Rovers fans want to keep the drummer, and that's what he told JW. I told him that I didn't agree.

One point he made that I did agree with though was that it's unfair to criticise the fella who bangs the drum personally. He does it out of a genuine love of the club and believes he's helping the atmosphere, not ruining it. Apparently he was quite upset when he heard about the criticism of him on internet messageboards as he usually only gets positive feedback from the fans he meets face-to-face.

As for BRISA's stance, the drumming issue was touched on in the Attendance Doc and has been mentioned in our meetings to the club. They are aware of our feelings.

Good on you Scotty - proactivity at is best.

Don't know how he has got his opinion though - or is it a case of 'everything appears rosey' scenario due to the circle of people the FF seems to envelop - not dissing him just find it strange where he gets this opinion because other than the few posters on here, I don't know anybody who is for than against.

Meets face to face /positive feeback - must be a case of only hears whatt he wants to here and chose to ignore what people scream at him every weekend and just plays on the element of kids hanging around him.

I'm sure he does do it out of love for the club , and I can remember him (main drummer) going to the Rovers for as long as I can remember pre drum/Jack Walker etc however I can't honestly believe he thinks it is welcomed with open arms by the Blackburn faithful

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

The bloke that Scotty spoke to knows EXACTLY how people feel about drummers, that's why HE hasn't drummed for two seasons. In fact, Ste B especially, made a point of letting him know exactly how he felt, regulary and vocally :)

It's intresting that he described himself as the EX-FF Chairman, I guess that confirms what I'd suspected and the FF is now offically dead (unless there is a new chairman and I'm no longer invited).

I'm sure he does do it out of love for the club , and I can remember him (main drummer) going to the Rovers for as long as I can remember pre drum/Jack Walker etc however I can't honestly believe he thinks it is welcomed with open arms by the Blackburn faithful

The main drummer (who I don't think I'm going to upset by calling him "Billy", he's been named in the press enough times) is a genuinely nice guy who does honestly believe the majority of fans what him to carry on. He also believes what he does has a positive effect. Unlike the "ex-drummer" (whom I won't name) who realised that many people objected, so stopped.

Both are genuine fans. The Ex-Drummer in particular has an attendance record that surpasses Jordan's. Both also contribute to the club in other ways (such as the FF).

I guess that confirms what I'd suspected and the FF is now offically dead (unless there is a new chairman and I'm no longer invited).

"Billy", he's been named in the press enough times) is a genuinely nice guy who does honestly believe the majority of fans what him to carry on. He also believes what he does has a positive effect.

Was it ever alive??

Must be deaf - couldn't have been the drum could it! ? :P

It would be interesting to have a trial match or two without the drummers, just to see how much the chanting improves :tu: or if it does kill the atmosphere.

Maybe this is something BRISA could try and arrange.

It was that very suggestion from myself and Scotty which got the reply from the ex drummer. He never said he was the ex-ff chairman btw

His opinion (the ex-FF chairmans, not John Williams') was that the majority of Rovers fans want to keep the drummer, and that's what he told JW. I told him that I didn't agree.

The several hundred (if not more) fans singing "shove your f***ing drumsticks up your a**e" several times last season didnt give him a clue?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.