BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2007

I am currently Arsenal and won the league in my first season. I'm doing very well in my second season, but I never seem to be able to beat Man UTD, Chelsea or Liverpool either at home or away. It was the same on the old game, although on the old game I could have an editor made team of the best players in the game and would still be 3-0 down to Man Utd withing 15 minutes! They've made it better, but not much.

Anyway, any tips? Maybe I'm playing too attacking? Maybe I should employ a defensive mifielder? What does it taker to actually beat them!!

Well, the best tip I can give it to stick to the same formation and dont change it just because you are playing a bigger club. I dont know if there is something written in to the game that makes your team used to the style that you play but if I drasticly change mine they are awful.

Also, at the pre match screen where you give them your little talk, have you spotted the other team option? If you click this you can go through the other team and for instance tell your boys to Man Mark Rooney and go in hard on him - which I find helps.

Guest Kamy100

Playing last night, started at 8ish with the idea of playing for an hour or so, eventually finished playing at just after midnight.!!! Won the UEFA cup, 1-1 against Spuds in the final, last minute and Carlton Cole bursts down the right, floats an amazing ball to the back post, YEEESSSS McCarthy slides in to win the Cup for Rovers. Cue massive celebrations in nearly waking up the kids!! God I love this game........

• Like 1

Carlton Cole bursts down the right, floats an amazing ball to the back post, YEEESSSS McCarthy slides in to win the Cup for Rovers.

If I hadnt have played FM before the picture your paint of the 2D action is very impressive :D

I experienced one crash - just after 30 mins of purging my shortlist...

Also, beating the top clubs is tricky. If you play as Rovers or equivelent they are just so much better. If you play as one of the top teams they raise thier game.

As cocker says, i like to take out thier best player and stick to the same tactic. Asking them to do it for the fans appears to give the best hope, but i suppose that depends on your team mentality...

Well, the best tip I can give it to stick to the same formation and dont change it just because you are playing a bigger club. I dont know if there is something written in to the game that makes your team used to the style that you play but if I drasticly change mine they are awful.

Also, at the pre match screen where you give them your little talk, have you spotted the other team option? If you click this you can go through the other team and for instance tell your boys to Man Mark Rooney and go in hard on him - which I find helps.

It definitely helps. Since discovering this I've crushed United 4-2 at Old Trafford (a hat trick from Benni no less) and not conceded since then.

You should add Simon Feinduono to the list on the previous page. He plays for Lens (I think it's Lens but just type his name into the search bar) and is absolute dynamite-fast, skilful, good finishing (a rating of 20). He can play up front or on the wing. He's African but no work permit is required because he's French trained.

Hossam Ghali is also good. He got released by Spurs mid-way through my first season and I snapped him up. His stats rocket if you're patient with him.

Edited by Rovermatt

As you can see, a total disrespect for defence on the players part helps...

IPB Image

Edit: Please don't think Corluka is apoor player off his 5 rating. Up till now he has been earning regular 8's and won several player of the month awards...

Edited by Wolverine

I got Wrexham upto the Championship but then went to Fulham as Chris Coleman had been sacked. Fulham were ninth in the Championship but expected to win the title. As soon as I joined, the club got taken over by an Andorran entrepeneur and he pumped £46m into the club. He gave me an initial £10.75m to get the club promoted.

Easy I thought, as the January transfer window was about a month away.

I then got a message that the chairman had doubled my transfer budget to £21m and a wage budget of £1.5m a week (it was only £275k a week at present) - and the window hadn't opened yet! I bought Javier Acuna from Betis for £7m and a few smaller purchases and had about £10m left over.

I won automatic promotion on the last day. Over the summer the board announced that they would offer me various finance packages - I chose the £37m option with more to spend on wages but they were prepared to offer me upto £55m to spend!

I bought Mancini from Roma for £20m and Gary O Neil from Portsmouth for about £13m plus a few smaller transfers. However, the club did not actually have the £37m in the bank so I'm in debt by about £20m!!!! Has anyone else been in this situation before? I mean I'm sure I'll recoup the money in prizes and the odd sale, but still why is the board offering me a transfer budget when they obviously cannot afford it?

Managed to scab winning the league, and the board promptly upgraded ewood by 10k seats. Just had a near capacity 41k crowd against wigan...

Does anyone have any problems with ball physics?

In mine, the ball sometimes seems to 'bobble' in an odd fashion, usually near the goals. I am sick to death of seeing one of my players run 40 yards to pick up a ball and give it to an opposition player only one yard away!!!

I am very much enjoying it though. I look forward to SI fixing that damned work permit rule, though!

No problem dude. Most of hem once downloaded need to be unzipped into the graphics folder of the game directory. Generally they have a readme file you can consult. Best backing up your settings and that first.

If they dont show up, use the options screen to chnge the skin and force a reload of the cache.

This is good for background pics: http://www.sortitoutsi.net/index.php?page=...ile&fileid=2312

Good for prem kits: http://www.sortitoutsi.net/index.php?page=...ile&fileid=2238

Good for logos: http://www.sortitoutsi.net/index.php?page=...ile&fileid=2255

Let me know how you get on!

Ok, here's a new one. I am 5 seasons in now and since my first season I had bought Niclas Bendtner from Arsenal for 800k. Now, he is worth 8m now but I had to loan him out to get him fit again after an injury. It rolled up to the end of the season when it automatically sends your players back and says that he has gone back to Arsenal after being on loan :blink: I looked at the history and there is nothing about him ever playing a game for me :blink:

Ok, here's a new one. I am 5 seasons in now and since my first season I had bought Niclas Bendtner from Arsenal for 800k. Now, he is worth 8m now but I had to loan him out to get him fit again after an injury. It rolled up to the end of the season when it automatically sends your players back and says that he has gone back to Arsenal after being on loan :blink: I looked at the history and there is nothing about him ever playing a game for me :blink:

:D

Haha, for whatever reason Cocker this game just doesn't like you.

Well its not all bad actually. Won the Prem and Champs League with Rovers and am in the semi final of the World cup with England (Though the damm thing wont let me play Rooney cos its says he is still suspended forever because I refuse to start a new season because I have been playing so long so the patch cant take affect)

On another note, no one came back to me about my question about this years data editor. Normally it has been a nice little gui but this years looks a little rough. Any one used it? Is it ok?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.