BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2007

There are some good tactics on The Dugout website. Look for a thread started by Strettford Red, or Sammi something. The former will have both a 4-1-4-1 and a brilliant 4-2-3-1 formation, whilst Sammi offers a classic 4-4-2 diamond that seems to work. Don't know if I can post a downloadable link thing on this forum, otherwise I'd stick it on here.

I'm 4th at the mo, but it is only November 2006.

EDIT: Here's the threads so you can download them.

Thread with 4-1-4-1 and 4-2-3-1 formations

4-4-2 diamond thread

Oh and I'm still in November, I'm 4th, about 4 or 5 points behind the leaders Chelsea. But I beat Man Utd.

Edited by Billy Castell

Currently on the same game as when I started

From Chorley to Bastia to Derby to Deportivo to Villa and currently at Barcelona. The year is 2020 and Blackburn are struggling at the foot of League One. They have Steve Mcmahon as manager and survived relegation on goal difference.

A tactic i have used to get three wonder kids is to select all the players who are u16 at the beginning of the season and assign them all to a scout. Each day your scout will return his scout card and its a good way of picking up future stars

Another fellow derby manager, Well i went from Limerick to Derby to barcelona and its 2016 have a contract til 2019 so far its going great. 21 games unbeaten in the league and doing well in the uefa cup, unfortunately got knocked out of Spanish cup after 2-2 agg draw!

Best tactic i have used is Minimum FuSS tactic 4-4-2!

Top young signings are -

Luca Crispino, Cliff Hoxhaj (think thats the spelling), Danny Haynes.

Im in my 8th season.

History has been 1st 3 years at Blackburn - Won the league, Euro Cup and Champions Cup, aswell as 2 runners up in cup finals. Finished 6th, 2nd and 1st

Moved to Boro where i saved them from relegation to finish 14th and runners up of the FA Cup

Seasons 5-7 Manager of Tottenham - Won the league and FA Cup double, followed by the charity shield and super cup. Then retained the league. Finished 4th, 1st and 1st.

Now in my 1st season at Hannover, board expectations was to avoid relegation in their 1st season in the top flight, currently 5th with 2 games to go. Think after this il move clubs again as the german league is boring!

Blackburn have just got to the final of the Euro cup, whilst tottenham were knocked out of the Champions cup at semi Final stage - so it looks like i left behind 2 very strong teams. Both also have a status of rich and both have improved stadiums. I tend to buy youth players and loan them out and then once they have some experience i throw them into my team.

Why don't you take them over then? That would be the ultimate challenge - to bring them up to prem and euro glory from the foot of league two!

That was my next step :)

No doubt when I do take over they will be in the conference, but I will take over when my reign at Barca is over.

Ok, I have a bit of a problem. Taken over Hartlepool in League Two. Spent ages and ages and ages putting a team together then this happens.

I have 4 players on season long loans and 2 players on three month loans. I'm allowed 4 long term loans and 4 short terms throughout the season, but whenever I try to get a player in on a three month loan, he is ineligable to play because I now apparently have 5 long term loans. What the hell is going on?!

As far as I knew, 3 months counted as a short term loan and anything more constituted a long term loan... So what is going on?!

To think, I might have to give up a game where my strikeforce is Matt Jansen and Chris Sutton with a central midfield of Steve Lomas and Don Hutchison. Then I somehow managed to get James Vaughan in on loan and a load of other good players.

The guy that does the Research for rovers is crap. Most of our players stats are way to low. For example I had a debate with him regarding the Admirals stats when the game first come out, I said they were too low and Ryan’s states should reflect that he was amongst the best 5/6 CB’s in the prem he said that Ryan’s stats shouldn’t be as high as Mellberg ( an example that I used ) because mellberg was better. This guy claims he is a season ticket holder he is more like a Burnley fan was hoping to see an improvement in MGP and Bentleys stats I particular but they are just average players on the game which in IRL they are not.

The guy that does the Research for rovers is crap. Most of our players stats are way to low. For example I had a debate with him regarding the Admirals stats when the game first come out, I said they were too low and Ryan’s states should reflect that he was amongst the best 5/6 CB’s in the prem he said that Ryan’s stats shouldn’t be as high as Mellberg ( an example that I used ) because mellberg was better. This guy claims he is a season ticket holder he is more like a Burnley fan was hoping to see an improvement in MGP and Bentleys stats I particular but they are just average players on the game which in IRL they are not.

I do agree with you. I know it could be classed as cheating but why not use the editor to give more realistic stats (I have only ever used the editor to add myself by the way and I let the database choose my stats)

Why do they have to tempt me with starting a new game when I've finally got into a Rovers career on the 7.01 patch?!

I couldn't remember if anyone's mentioned him but in my current game, Chelsea signed Ezeqiel Lavezzi (Think that's how you spell the fella!) and I was able to loan him straight away. The guy is a goal machine and he and Benni Mac may fire me to a top 3 finish in my first season!

Also, although Nelsen's stats don't look amazing-he is quality and Roma amongst other teams keep offering me a fair bit for him. But totally agree on Gamst and Bentley-Pedersen seems to be an all round good left winger (eg pretty good pace) when his stats should really reflect that he's capable of the unexpected and a scorer of regular goals from out wide.

Edited by Somerset Rover!

Why do they have to tempt me with starting a new game when I've finally got into a Rovers career on the 7.01 patch?!

I couldn't remember if anyone's mentioned him but in my current game, Chelsea signed Ezeqiel Lavezzi (Think that's how you spell the fella!) and I was able to loan him straight away. The guy is a goal machine and he and Benni Mac may fire me to a top 3 finish in my first season!

Also, although Nelsen's stats don't look amazing-he is quality and Roma amongst other teams keep offering me a fair bit for him. But totally agree on Gamst and Bentley-Pedersen seems to be an all round good left winger (eg pretty good pace) when his stats should really reflect that he's capable of the unexpected and a scorer of regular goals from out wide.

Nelsen does a steady job and im not implying he is poor on the game, just dont understand why players like yobo,C davies,Mellberg etc have better stats and comparitive CA and PA, when ryan is head and shoulders above all of those. Bentley and Gamst stats are a joke there stats should as good if not better than the likes of Cahill,arteta at everton yet are knowhere as good. It kind of spoils the game for me if i have to go to the editor and start messing with things. Rovers players always seem very underated compared to there peers on footy manager/champ

Nelsen does a steady job and im not implying he is poor on the game, just dont understand why players like yobo,C davies,Mellberg etc have better stats and comparitive CA and PA, when ryan is head and shoulders above all of those. Bentley and Gamst stats are a joke there stats should as good if not better than the likes of Cahill,arteta at everton yet are knowhere as good. It kind of spoils the game for me if i have to go to the editor and start messing with things. Rovers players always seem very underated compared to there peers on footy manager/champ

I'm sure fans of other teams are saying the exact same thing about their players though.

ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

(Please don't use that word again)ing john williams, you ######. i bought theo walcott from arsenal and had him for 2 seasons. he agreed and sifned a new 5 year contract stating that he was extremely happy to be at the club...then transfer window time and man utd offer 53M quid for him. it does not give me the option to except or reject because john williams excepted on my behalf saying that the offer was too good to refuse.

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Having problems with Rovers, the only time I can compete is if I play a 4-3-3 ultra defensive setup.

I keep leaking important goals with minutes to go either getting a draw or being beaten by a goal scored in the last ten minutes

Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to go down or get the sack

ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

(Please don't use that word again)ing john williams, you ######. i bought theo walcott from arsenal and had him for 2 seasons. he agreed and sifned a new 5 year contract stating that he was extremely happy to be at the club...then transfer window time and man utd offer 53M quid for him. it does not give me the option to except or reject because john williams excepted on my behalf saying that the offer was too good to refuse.

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:rolleyes: Brilliant, I havent had that problem yet and I have been playing for about 6 seasons now

Having problems with Rovers, the only time I can compete is if I play a 4-3-3 ultra defensive setup.

I keep leaking important goals with minutes to go either getting a draw or being beaten by a goal scored in the last ten minutes

Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to go down or get the sack

The only advice I can give is that you buy a solid defence and stick with them as much as you can. For some reason, I find if you keep rotating the defence then they tend to get slack but this dosnet seem to happen anywhere else.

After initially having no problems with FM 2007 with windows vista I have had to reinstall it and have been unable to do so. Has anyone else had problems installing it on vista and if so how have you got around it? I've looked online and so far none of the suggestions I've found have worked.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.