BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2007

Guest Kamy100

What you need to do is increase the closing down and tempo settings, also on the team instructions put your defensive line setting to as low as possible on the slider bar. I have had very good success doing this, if you want PM your e-mail address and I can send you my 4-4-2 tactic which I am currently using.

All the keepers mentioned above are not good enough. Kasper is one of my reserve keepers, however he isnt even the best one in that squad.

I need a quality young keeper that isnt going to cost me over £5 million, but can compete with Issakson for the shirt!

In my 2nd season iv just won the league, runner up in league cup and got the last 16 in the champs league - With an average age of just 22!

All the keepers mentioned above are not good enough. Kasper is one of my reserve keepers, however he isnt even the best one in that squad.

I need a quality young keeper that isnt going to cost me over £5 million, but can compete with Issakson for the shirt!

In my 2nd season iv just won the league, runner up in league cup and got the last 16 in the champs league - With an average age of just 22!

You are kiding me right Ustari & Afinkeev are the best on the game in terms of stats/PA/Ca go to the official boards and ask peeps on their. Ive seen them two & Ochoa go for over 40 mill. I think youve got a @#/? keeper in Isakson in any case. A 19 year old Ustari is better than him

Gk guide

Edited by Bazzanotsogreat

I have uploaded the tactic file that I am using at the moment, had great success with Rovers winning the Premiership and Champions League!!:

http://files.filefront.com//;7566057;;/

This might be a pain, but could you describe the tactic. The comp I play FM 07 on isn't on the net and this one is too old to play the game on. As a result I can't download your tactic :-(

has anybody signed theo walcott before? cant be arsed to go back through 17 pages to find out!

is he any good? worth 9 million that ill probably have to fork out?

Yep, I have him. Signed him on a free and he is now worth 23m

Anyone have Fabrice Bamba on their games? I think he's a regen plays for ASEC in the Ivory Coast (they can have some gems of players!). Started the game at Wrexham, and now Liverpool manager via Charlton and Fulham. My team in year 2015:

GK Richie Stroud

DR Alberto Balderas

DL Stavros Efthymiadis

DC Daniel Agger

DC Martin Wulff

MR Salomon Kalou

ML Thomas Hitzlsperger

MC Federico Sanna

MC Les Corderoy

FC Fabrice Bamba

FC Jose Munoz

Best signing ever: bought Lasse Qvist from Rovers for £9.25m - a class-act goal machine. I think he starts the game at FC Kobenhavn.

I've started a new game as CSKA Moscow and they have a fantastic squad

Gk Akinfeev

RB Odiah

LB A Berezutskiy

CB Ignasheveich

CB V Berezutskiy

RM Gusev

LM Carvalho

CM Aldonin

CM Krasic

FC Love

FC Jo

Jo and Akinfeev are 2 of the best players on the game

This fotball manager is the worst and most stupid game they have made yet with so many crazy results it isnt even worth playing at some points! Look at this game, this is not a one off, it happens all the time! And most of these chances were 1 on 1s with world class strikers! What else are you meant to win a game.

http://img176.imagevenue.com/img.php?image...d_122_497lo.JPG

That happens in football sometimes though. Think about when we beat Arsenal 2-1 a few years back.

Having said that, I do think that the dominant side loses games a bit too often in fm and it something they should look at fixing.

Edited by Eddie

Yep, I have him. Signed him on a free and he is now worth 23m

cheers mate, got him for 8 million with a few add ons and he is my top scorer already, class act!!

speaking of weird results, was playing chelsea the other day on it at ewood and they were 6-0 up after 27 minutes, after this i was all over them and had 2 goals disallowed!! has this ever happened to anybody else? freak results like that?

im not doing too bad as it goes, im 4th in the league with a couple games on hand but chelsea are about 18 points clear of the pack! normally i struggle to keep rovers up in the first season!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody played a game with Blackburn? I find it impossible to use rovers as my team. There so crap, cant defend anything and miss every chance they get almost. Ive got a game with chelsea and got to 3 champs league finals in a row, won 2 of em, won the league cup and top of the league this season. Easy. But rovers, i find impossible. Well annoying. Were always so underrated on Fm its untrue.

yeah i always choose Rovers if I'm a prem team, although i did have the same problem but now i seem to have a formation that works, i play 4-1-3-2 with the full backs running forward or 4-1-1-2-2 with the full backs running up to the half way line, ok so iv only played 8 games but im in the top half which is unusual!! normally when i'm Rovers i lose pretty much every game

ok iv just been reminded why this game is so god damn frustrating!! Its fixed! Especially against Rovers! Savage is underrated and is rubbish, Mokoena is rubbish, no money to spend so basically gotta put up with the underrated squad and then just when i was on a good run, 4 of my first XI get injured in the same game! Lost that game and not won since! :angry: its gotta be fixed......against Rovers! <_< also it says we signed Benni for £4.9 million....is this another part of it fixing it so there's no money to spend on midfielders to replace our underrated ones :huh:

Edited by eddiewac

I just cant get any formations to work for us. We always end up playing the same no matter what instructions I give. Its soo annoying, I used to make Rovers a world beater of a team in FM2006, in this one its impossible. Were so crap.

lol, jesus dudes, football manager isn't meant to be easy, at least its a challenge, i never have problems, go and buy vanden borre and some other little gems and build your team up over the years, you dont always have to win the league in your first season!

Well, I've played around with formations and I now play a 4-1-3-2 defensive, counter attacking away from home and a 4-3-3* (A back 4, DMC, 2MC, AML, AMR and ST/FC) attacking at home. They seem to work OK.

Rangers won the Champions league and are blazing a trail across Europe again (with some crap players!), by playing a 4-2-3-1. Back 4, 2MCs, 3AMC and an ST/FC. I might give that a bit of a go at some point...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.