BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2007

I have a friend who has fully functioning internet but for some reason he is unable to connect or host any fm games. Has anyone come across this problem before or know how he can fix it? We're pretty sure it is a problem with his router, but I can't really understand why it isn't working.

i am now getting seriously annoyed with a certain aspect of this game. 1 month to go before the end of the season and we are sitting 4th, but in the last 2 games i have lost 3 key players due to injuries, suffered as a result of late tackles by the opposition players. there is no means by which i can vent my anger at the offending players and their manager.

:angry::angry:

I have a friend who has fully functioning internet but for some reason he is unable to connect or host any fm games. Has anyone come across this problem before or know how he can fix it? We're pretty sure it is a problem with his router, but I can't really understand why it isn't working.

No ideas?

I cant comment to much here Eddie because I havent tried it myself before but I will have a go at answering your question as no one else has.

I think you might be correct about the router and it could be that that is blocking certain ports. Tell him to look in the FM instruction book and it should say which ports need to be open on the router. If he goes on and opens these hopefully that should sort the problem.

Remeber that all of this is guess work though because I havent tried it myself

I have the same problem as i use wireless and havent been able to host a game as yet!

Cocker is right though about the ports, you need to open certain ones but i have not as yet worked this out

Like I say, they are normally in the back of the instruction book of a game (I had to open loads for Fifa)

I will have a look tonight if I get chance

• 1 month later...
Not only that but iv had at least 4 first team players out through injury throughout the whole season pretty much apart from maybe a couple of weeks and sometimes i've had upto 8 and thats with tackling on easy! What the hell is up with this game!

ok i am now absolutely convinced this game is fixed! it has to be! iv started a new game with scunthorpe and i was doing rubbish at the start but i just got a winning formation going and then the fix bug kicks in, players start getting injured and i now have 7 first team players out injured!! This is ridiculous, its happened before as well, i must have a dodgy copy

• 1 month later...
Anyone still playing this?

To be honest, i am enjoying too much to leave this and buy FM08

I used to sit with the lappy on my knee playing footman while soccer sat was on - now I sit with the baby on my knee with soccer sat on

Ahaha!! Deadly stuff, how far you into the game? Or do you just restart the game after a few seasons?

I am about 9 seasons in and generally win about 2 trophies every year. Its started to give me loads of cash every year to spend. One thing that always puzzles me. I am top of the all time manager list. Rovers are a top team in the game with a good reputation however, I still end up loosing out on players to people like West Ham who offer them less money and sometimes only back up players. I also wish it would stop making back up players upset and keep repeating the same lines over and over again.

Yeah the repeated lines, dont take too much notice and only start to make the player happy when he goes to the press.

Otherwise you could use FMM. I use it to change the Rovers away kit every season. Its limited in what you can actually do with the jersey but it keeps me interested.

Oh and watch out, because even though you might be top of nearly all the hall of fames, they get deleted! I was distraught when i saw i was no longer top, but the game removes unnecessary data.

Current Season:

epd31tl6.th.jpg

Champs League Victory:

ecc31vv2.th.jpg

Great Harwood are in League 1 !!!

I renamed bradford on a new patch , started in league 2.

Finances are top notch, balance was 3m in league 2 and as a result i asked my board for extra funds,they give me 1.5m :lol: :lol: But i looked a mk dons and they had 3m :lol:

Got promoted, sitting 4th in league 1 now.

Got Dj Campblell, Eddie Johnson(United on , plays for bradford irl.) also got that Cid from Bolton

Cant wait for the new one now, first thing im doiing is putting harwood in conferrance north and gonna take them up the leagues.Will pick a team with decent finances with no loans, and good rep. Lower league management for me is much more rewarding than playing as a prem side, so good when you get a really good player for 10k or somthing silly.

Football Manager = Best Game Ever.

Edited by brfc11

So has anyone got any further thoughts on formations and things?

I'm Accy Syanley in the Chamionship. I got promoted twice using 4-1-4-1 and 4-3-3, but the bottom seems to have fallen out of that formation. Had to go back to 4-1-3-2 to try to scrape out results...

• 2 weeks later...

Signed Leobhang Mokoena but couldn't get work permit. No problem I thought, farm him out to Cercle Brugge and get him qualified. What happens? He turns the move to Brugge down...what can I do now?

And how come I got permits for Nicolas Millan (Colo Colo Chile) and Eddie Johnson (USA) without any trouble yet struggled with Mokoena?

Signed Leobhang Mokoena but couldn't get work permit. No problem I thought, farm him out to Cercle Brugge and get him qualified. What happens? He turns the move to Brugge down...what can I do now?

And how come I got permits for Nicolas Millan (Colo Colo Chile) and Eddie Johnson (USA) without any trouble yet struggled with Mokoena?

Read back till last years comments and you will see how it annoyed me too :rolleyes:

Because the new football manager demo didnt impress me because I thought it to similar to last years, I downloaded the Championship manager demo. Very confusing getting from screen to screen but I do like the match engine and it has pro zone on your players which is nice - wish these boys could work together

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.