BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2007

What instructions do you give you your back for and had success with. I really struggle to get my defenders...to well defend. I usually have a deep defensive line with no creative freedom across it and rare forward runs. Sometimes I send the fullbacks forward. But even with this balls over the top still catch out my defence leaving strikers 1 on 1 with my keeper.

I normally just have it on normal with the two full back running forwards, although i play Tugay in DM as the playmaker, sometimes have 2 DM, but normally have one as CM, depends which formation decides to work!

Finally found a formation that works, still let a fair amount of goals in but score a lot more.

Also I found that hiring a coach with a 20 in defence has actually improved their performance. I really never bothered because I thought it would do squat.

Really does help to get good coaches, take a look at what they are doing and maximise their talent. It also helps having some good physios as well as getting in some good scouts and sending them around.

Backroom staff can be very important - most of my squad are progressing all the time aswell as super fit! Iv got the youth of Treacy and Kane both pushing for 1st team slots.

I signed Defoe for £10 million and he is top scorer for us with half the season gone. Benni is off to Chelsea in summer for £12 million.

Anybody signed podolski before? i got him last night there for 6 million, he was sat in munchen amateures so thought id put in a cheeky bid and they accepted it!

Hes only played one game for me and that was league cup semi final (which i beat man city 7-1 on aggregate now got bolton in the final...i like) and scored in it! Seems a decent player!

I'm currently cutting a swathe through Europe with Porto. I've signed the likes of Daniel Carvalho, Pierre Webo, Morgan De Sanctis, Vikash Dhorasoo and Bernard Mendy. This season I've picked up two hot prospects from South America. Ever Banega is the new Riquelme and was signed from Boca. Ever Guzman could be the next Hugo Sanchez, so I signed from a Mexican team I can't recall the name of now.

Edited by Rovermatt

Currently in my third season with Rovers. Koumas and Earnshaw are only my biggish signings. I have got a scouting system (Select every under 18 in the game and use a good scout to gain a match report. Do this when you get allocated your youth players for the season.) in place which means I have picked quite a few 7 star players and shipped them over to Belgium(Cercle Brugge).

Currently hovering around 6th while Man U are in a relegation battle with Roy Keane as manager

In my 2nd season at Blackburn now.

1ST season - we finished 11th and won the UEFA cup, even though the squad was ravaged by injury.

2ND season - Made it to the final of UEFA (Inter Milan to play) & FA Cup (West Ham to play) and currently 4th in the league with 2 games left to play.

Iv been offered the jobs of Colobia manager & Czech Republic.

Top class signings have been Kose (Young Turkish lad), Zapata (Colombian), Van de Borre and Defoe.

Next job is to secure Champs league in the last 2 games, then i need to sign some young class for midfield and also goal, aswell as left back.

started a new game with rovers last week, sold pedersen to liverpool, bought drenthe as his replacement, and got wright phillips and saviola on loan, bought the usual suspects (vanden borre and enyeama) and currently sitting top of the league 2 points ahead of liverpool after about 15 games! i always start well then drop silly points as the season goes on, hopefully this time ill be able to keep the pace and finish top four

has anybody every splashed the cash on milito (the defender) before? im thinking of letting reid and/or mccarthy go to finance a move for him to bolster my defense as goalscoring hasnt been a problem for me so far!!

started a new game with rovers last week, sold pedersen to liverpool, bought drenthe as his replacement, and got wright phillips and saviola on loan, bought the usual suspects (vanden borre and enyeama) and currently sitting top of the league 2 points ahead of liverpool after about 15 games! i always start well then drop silly points as the season goes on, hopefully this time ill be able to keep the pace and finish top four

has anybody every splashed the cash on milito (the defender) before? im thinking of letting reid and/or mccarthy go to finance a move for him to bolster my defense as goalscoring hasnt been a problem for me so far!!

Yes ive brought Miltio before he is top notch but pricey- second season he will cost between 12-16 mill. If you can get Esequel Garay he is at least as good and will cost no more than 3 mill + he is a bit younger. If you want to spend big-bucks then why not go for Mertersaker ( sorry typo ) .

Yes ive brought Miltio before he is top notch but pricey- second season he will cost between 12-16 mill. If you can get Esequel Garay he is at least as good and will cost no more than 3 mill + he is a bit younger. If you want to spend big-bucks then why not go for Mertersaker ( sorry typo ) .

:tu: cheers mate i will have a look into them tonight!

:tu: cheers mate i will have a look into them tonight!

Also, if he dosnt want to come to you try for - Bruno (I am a good few seasons in and he cost me 32m to come to Rovers but you might be able to get him cheaper)or Vincent Kompany - should be able to get him for 12m

Both Quality

(Aarmond Traroe for left back - though I am sure my spelling will be wrong on that one)

Edited by Cocker

cheers me old cocker! does fatherhood hold back your gametime or do you let the mrs look after the wean?

I have still been sneaking the odd half hour in here and there - its not the same as it used to be and I do miss it along with a beer but I wouldnt change things. I may get to play footman 2025 with any luck :lol:

This game really does my head in!! Iv lost too many matches where iv dominated and my bloody strikers just couldn't score!! Also i'm sure out of all the teams in the league, i've had the most goals disallowed for "offside" and conceded the most dodgy goals that "weren't" offside! Then again, like ya say, who says this game isn't realistic, i am Rovers afterall!

Not only that but iv had at least 4 first team players out through injury throughout the whole season pretty much apart from maybe a couple of weeks and sometimes i've had upto 8 and thats with tackling on easy! What the hell is up with this game!

This game really does my head in!! Iv lost too many matches where iv dominated and my bloody strikers just couldn't score!! Also i'm sure out of all the teams in the league, i've had the most goals disallowed for "offside" and conceded the most dodgy goals that "weren't" offside! Then again, like ya say, who says this game isn't realistic, i am Rovers afterall!

Not only that but iv had at least 4 first team players out through injury throughout the whole season pretty much apart from maybe a couple of weeks and sometimes i've had upto 8 and thats with tackling on easy! What the hell is up with this game!

I know what you mean, you've had ten one-on-ones with the goalie and five 'he must score!' situations saved by the keeper and they get one half chance and score!

To score more goals sometimes you have to go defensive!

4-3-3 helps, too, I reckon.

does anybody know if it is possible, to refresh or change the comments for the pre-match and half time team talks??

I dont think you can change them yourself but they only change when the type of game changes. You know like "you already have one hand on the cup" Or if you give an individual comment it says things like "You can make the difference" or "I have faith in your ability"

It would be good if you could say thing like "Dunny, keep of the pies" or choose an option to throw a coffee cup at Benni :lol:

yes i definately think that the 2008 version will and if not, should have new team talks etc etc and give us the ability to give specific instructions to any given player we choose.

You can give different instructions to a single player now? Just click next to them on the team talk and the options will change. If you are talking about giving them your own instructions as oppose to the ones they pick out for you then I think this will be very difficult. The programmers would have to pick out a load of phrases that would be probable that you could use and could end up making things more confusing if what you type gets misinterpreted for something else.

Anyway, normally by now I am sure that we have received some new details about what will be in the new game however, I havent seen any yet?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.