BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2007

Obviously getting old players for free or even players on loan (if you can afford the wage) is the first thing to do.

The other thing would be to use the tatics already mentioned because every one in the league will be pretty much the same standard anyway - dont expect to go on cup run though :P

Thanks, Cocker.

4-1-3-2 seems good away from home. I'm trying the 4-2-3-1 at home. Is the diamond one better?

To be honest, I only play 4-4-2 and play 3-4-3 if I am getting beat. I think with in the code for each team there is a speacial system that each plays better with. This can change though if you keep playing the same formation. You will note that if you play the same formation for a while and then you radically change it that if you lose that game it will some times say something like - tactics gamble doesnt pay off.

Stick with one formation throughout is my tip :tu:

I play a boring old 4-4-2 with flat back four and midfield with the wide players making runs forward. I then play with a defensive setting, short passing, high tempo and on a narrow setting. I change this slightly for some leagues, like in Italy, where I slow down the tempo and play with a deep defensive line, or I might get them to close down more often. It generally works very well and I'm reluctant to break with the tried and trusted, although I have been toying around with some new ones.

that does not work either kamy. when i click on the link it asks me for my user name and password to log in, and when i type them in it says there is an error...so (Please don't use that word again) it, i am just gonna go with trial and error and hope that everything works out.

I really need help on tactics for Rovers, I can't keep them out of the relegation dogfight.

I have tried everything fro tactists to blatantly cheating with Jpee FFM Editor.

Is this just another conspiracy against Rovers from the pwoer that be?

One thing that's always worked for me is sitting down and going through each player (starting position) and setting what I want each of them to do, I find it works a lot better than the overall team settings (although I do still use team settings for a few of them). If I remember tomorrow I'll upload the 4-4-2 I've got. It's helped when I've been in charge of Blackburn and currently got Hereford from League 2 to Championship in 3 seasons :)

Edited by Hainesey

I really need help on tactics for Rovers, I can't keep them out of the relegation dogfight.

I have tried everything fro tactists to blatantly cheating with Jpee FFM Editor.

Is this just another conspiracy against Rovers from the pwoer that be?

No but the guy that does the research for rovers is rubbish, he seriesousley underates our players compared to players of simalar clubs. Therefore rovers struggle on the game.

No but the guy that does the research for rovers is rubbish, he seriesousley underates our players compared to players of simalar clubs. Therefore rovers struggle on the game.

I find that hard to beleive. I havent changed any of the stats and I finished the first season in 5th with Rovers? Only brought in Lehbohng Mokoena on a free who I couldnt play anyway.

I find that hard to beleive. I havent changed any of the stats and I finished the first season in 5th with Rovers? Only brought in Lehbohng Mokoena on a free who I couldnt play anyway.

Well ive spoken to Marc duffy about it on the official boards, and he ( although briefly ) said that i may have a point, I did this by comparing the stats, CA,PA of rovers with the likes of everton,spurs etc. who in reality with fully fit squads are equal. Not on the game however - check out the stats of cahiill ( and Ca/PA) with someone ike bentley or gamst who are equal in terms of ability in real life but no on the game.

Good formations to play when your new to the game and your squad isnt the best is a 1-3-4-2

Play with the sweeper and play with your defence pushing up.

Play both your wingers with small arrows going forward and set the team to hard tackling and mixed passing.

Aslong as you stick with a tactic long enough it will eventually start working.

In my 1st season i finished 4th. Im in my second season @ Man City and i am currently 2nd, 1 point behind Arsenal, still in the champs league and in the final of the league cup.

Im on the lookout for a talented young keeper, any ideas anyone?

Good formations to play when your new to the game and your squad isnt the best is a 1-3-4-2

Play with the sweeper and play with your defence pushing up.

Play both your wingers with small arrows going forward and set the team to hard tackling and mixed passing.

Aslong as you stick with a tactic long enough it will eventually start working.

In my 1st season i finished 4th. Im in my second season @ Man City and i am currently 2nd, 1 point behind Arsenal, still in the champs league and in the final of the league cup.

Im on the lookout for a talented young keeper, any ideas anyone?

As Eddie says Enymea is good as is Kaspar Schiemichal (spelling)

The best young GK's are

Ustari ( Indepediente)

Ochao ( Mexiican)

Afinkeev ( S.moscow)

Marcelo Grohe

amelia (livorino)

After 2009/10 Ben Amos from man u is pretty steady

No matter what tactics i use i simply cant get my team to play football. I always seem to find myself loosing posession after about 2 passes whilst the opposition just dribble round about 5 of my players to get an attempt on goal. Also whenever the ball is played into my strikers it bounces straight back off them or the opposition tackle them within seconds wheras the opposition who have 1 upfront play it into a loan striker, who again runs rings round my defence. IM sure there is no way to stop it! Got beat 3-0 by wigan yesterday with their strikers beating 3-4 men at a time. Shocking.

Oh MY GOD!!!!! HOW THE HELL DO YOU DEFEND???? i hate this game!!! I just cant get my teams to defend. Im bloody chelsea at the moment and stil cant defend. What do you have to do? Withn three passes my players lose the ball then for the opposition to just run rings around me and get a shot on target. its like my team refuses to try and tackle!! its impossible!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.