BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2007

For me, time wasting and defensive tactics usually result pretty much immediately in conceding a goal. It really annoys me, because Everton, for example, will employ these kiind of tactics for a whole half at times. Likewise, Arsenal regularly fail to break down defensive minded teams. You just don't seem to be able to play well defensively.

If you go to your player settings, and set your DEFENDERS ONLY to ultra defensive, then your defense will sit back while the midfield and strikers play the normal game, leaving you less likely to be hit on the counter attack

Something that I have found that is quite annoying.

I am the Rovers manager and also the England one (I dont care what anyone says, you can do both jobs and win things)

If England have a friendly and another manager says that I can only play their player for 45 mins and I play them more, I get a bollocking and threatened that they wont let him play again however, if I only say 45 mins and they they my player over this time you cant shout at them. I am in 2013 now and have only just noticed this because a few have come back injured and I looked and they had played over the 45 :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

I have just bought my first version of FM2007 and it is at v.7.0.0 out of the box. I have searched for Downloads and it is indicating v.7.0.1. available for downloading. Does this one contain any essential fixes, or useful additions? Also is it advisable to download it now, or wait until I have got into the game and know what I am doing a bit more?

I have just finished downloading the v.7.0.1. patch and not knowing where to save it to, I used the path D:\ Prog Files\Sport Interactive\Football manager 2007\ data\downloads where "downloads" is a new folder I created to put the downloaded file 463.exe into.

I then ran my virus scan over the downloaded 463.exe, and that is as far as I have got. What do I do now to get the patch into the game and active? I have this horrible feeling that I have made it hard work for myself, but didn't know what else to do. Somebody please help! :rolleyes:

Edited by Fife Rover

I have just finished downloading the v.7.0.1. patch and not knowing where to save it to, I used the path D:\ Prog Files\Sport Interactive\Football manager 2007\ data\downloads where "downloads" is a new folder I created to put the downloaded file 463.exe into.

I then ran my virus scan over the downloaded 463.exe, and that is as far as I have got. What do I do now to get the patch into the game and active? I have this horrible feeling that I have made it hard work for myself, but didn't know what else to do. Somebody please help! :rolleyes:

...try double clicking it ;)

• 3 weeks later...

i renamed hartlepool utd to great harwood town and im currently 7th in the championship in november in 2009/2010.ive got some good players like

collins john(200k on a bosman :tu: )

francis jeffers

marek suchy

also got some young norweigans which i scouted i bought

jon anders riise-Bought for 175k,Sold for 1.2m

kevin larsen,bought 400k sold for 2.8m

also got danny szetala bought for 50k sold for 3m,due to chairmen accepting it "on my behalf,as it was to good to turndown :angry: )

got andrew cave brown from norwich reserves for 100k sold for 3m,due to chairman again :angry:

I'm getting really frustrated with the amount of injuries I am getting in my game at the moment. Every two weeks or so, a player is injured for a month. At one point I had 9 players injured at once, 6 of them for a month or more.

I have tried reducing my workload and rotating the squad a bit, but I can't seem to curb the injuries.

Any suggestions?

Also, I'm trying to teach a left back to become a centre back. I did this pre-season, it is not January and he still hasn't learnt it. He was already an "accomplished" centre back. How long does it take before he becomes "natural."

Well, to be honest I used to be like you but now with Rovers after many seasons I start to hope I get the injuries because my squad is so big and they are ALL good. Its good to stop everyone complaining. To sympathise though, yes it is a pain and no, I have never found a way to stop this. I have tried loads of good physios, less training, more training and resting players but they all seem to get injured. I used to think that this was the downside of the game but it does reflect well on what happened to Rovers this year.

As for retraining. I have only ever managed this once - and that was on last years one. It took a whole season of telling them where to train and by the end of that the new position was added. I am sure that this has something to do with the background stuff for each player and wheather or not they are versitile to play somewhere else or something so just luck of the draw which player you try I guess.

Retraining to a new postition has a lot to do with versatility. The more versatile he is the quicker he will learn the new position and the more likely he will retain the ability to play there. I retrained some players on my first game and one or two became very good over a period of time while the other took ages and as soon as I stopped his retraining he forgot how to play there.

Age is also a factor with younger players not just quicker to learn but happier to do so.

Got Crystal Palace to the playoff final only two have my two best players, including my star striker who had scored 12 in 14, go away on international duty.

I can sympathise Eddie. Before I got the first patch installed I got Madrid to the Champs league final only to see the majority of my South American's go off on International duty on the day of the game. Needless to say I lost the match. A glitch that's happened before as well and one that should never happen on any future game.

Anyone else had a problem with clubs refusing to accept bids even after they've accepted similar bids, sometimes even less money, from other clubs. I've recently had four teams who refused to accept bids from me, even when I put in a bid woth up to 272,000,000 for a player worth 345k and they had already accepted bids of 500k. In a slight less ridiculous example I was bidding for Muamba and, despite the fact that Arsenal had already accepted bids of 1.3 million, they wouldn't sell him to me even if I bid up to 5 million (money that I had). They had already accepted bids for me for other players so it wasn't simply that they didn't like me or something. It is a very annoying glitch.

Anyone else had a problem with clubs refusing to accept bids even after they've accepted similar bids, sometimes even less money, from other clubs. I've recently had four teams who refused to accept bids from me, even when I put in a bid woth up to 272,000,000 for a player worth 345k and they had already accepted bids of 500k. In a slight less ridiculous example I was bidding for Muamba and, despite the fact that Arsenal had already accepted bids of 1.3 million, they wouldn't sell him to me even if I bid up to 5 million (money that I had). They had already accepted bids for me for other players so it wasn't simply that they didn't like me or something. It is a very annoying glitch.

Yup, thats happened to me too. Sometimes though it does explain saying they wont accept a bit from a rival club or I might have demanded a decision to soon. But yes, most of the time it is annoying when you miss out on a player this way.

Yup, thats happened to me too. Sometimes though it does explain saying they wont accept a bit from a rival club or I might have demanded a decision to soon. But yes, most of the time it is annoying when you miss out on a player this way.

Its also when youve fallen out with their manager, or made comments about the selling club. I had this problem when managing Boca. I fell out with about 6 other managers & they would no longer deal with me in terms of transfers , no matter how much i bidded. :angry:

Edited by Bazzanotsogreat

That makes sense, it's a good quality of the game, but these were managers I had, had no interaction with before; except in the case of Wenger who I had dealt with before and we were even "friends".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.