BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Jim, He's also very quick to criticise his team mates. I play up top with a guy who's like that in our sunday league team. He's the best player on this pitch (24 goals in 6 games) but he's horrible to play alongside. We can have players unmarked clean through and he'll still try to take on 5 players and score himself, very annoying. He also has a go at team mates if they dont pass to him all the time, very similar to the sort of strops I've seen from Benni, He did it to Gamst a few times on Sunday, Gamst is obviously very very low on confidence at the moment and I'm guessing Benni having a go at him wont help.

To be fair to Benni, Gamst needs to learn to play the ball when others are open. Quite a few times on Sunday he tried to do things the really hard way instead of playing in his team mates. One time, he was clean through on the left with Benni in center. He could have set up Benni twice in that move but waited and waited and in the end took a shot when he was covered up.

A goal won't fix his game, and he shouldn't believe that himself.

• 7 months later...

The guardian reported on wednesday that we turned down a £9 million bid from sunderland last friday.

I would have taken the cash. No one is going to match or better that offer.

The guardian reported on wednesday that we turned down a £9 million bid from sunderland last friday.

I would have taken the cash. No one is going to match or better that offer.

Obviously John Williams lied to BBC Radio Lancashire then.

Obviously John Williams lied to BBC Radio Lancashire then.
philip i've been in turkey for close to three weeks and dont get back till early tomorrow. Reception on radio lancashire is patchy here.

Perhaps you could update me?

philip i've been in turkey for close to three weeks and dont get back till early tomorrow. Reception on radio lancashire is patchy here.

Perhaps you could update me?

Please don't make him quote himself again :(

Although he has gone strangely quiet on the Everton match thread.

Sounds like a right mickey mouse league Ricky. Also sounds like you lot are in the wrong division. Winning by miles (I assume) each week is hardly an enjoyable situation imo.

Doesn't sound like he's enjoying it to me.

"They're not really happy times for me, but it's still all right," admitted the South African star.

"It's frustrating if you work hard, especially with all the rumours going on and then you don't play.

"Sunderland's interest is very much for real, and I'm looking to see in the next week what's going to happen, because you know I'm 31 in November, so sitting on the bench or not playing is not an option for me.

"If I can't make the starting line-up at Blackburn then I'm wasting time.

"Paul Ince has made his intentions clear, he doesn't want me to go, he wants me to stay, and from my point of view I respect the manager.

"I can't have any complaints – Jason was awesome at Everton, and I can't see the reason why he should be taken out of the starting line-up and obviously Roque's fantastic as well, he's scoring goals.

"Those two deserve to play, but if I can't get in the team then, yes, I would want the move."

McCarthy acknowledges his form last season was disappointing and concedes speculation linking him with his former Porto manager Jose Mourinho at Chelsea was unsettling.

"Obviously it was a distraction," he said.

"You knew you could have gone there and you end up not going and you get frustrated, and you know things aren't going as well as they could be because of all the things going on around you.

"You get dropped and then you get frustrated.

"But let's just hope we all end up happy. I end up being happy, Blackburn end up being happy, everyone in the whole circle ends up being happy."

What are we going to do with this guy?

It seems that in his first year he was a fantastic signing, a regular goal scorer and looked to be a real bargain. Caused constant problems for defences and was a real match winner for us. Last year his head got turned over a potential move to Chelsea and he was very much hit and miss, losing his place to the lesser talented at least technically Jason Roberts and being shifted from the limelight thanks to the new man on the block Roque Santa Cruz.

This year he doesn't seem hit and miss, he just seems miss! We haven't seen a lot of him to be fair but in pre season and his brief appearances he has looked overweight and lacking any passion or determination. He is showing no fight on him trying to earn his spot on the team and reports suggest he is happy to leave for first team football.

We've reportedly turned down bids for him, which has been confirmed by Ince, don't know how much the bids actually were but at the moment it seems crazy to turn down any offer north of the £2.5 we paid for him.

At the moment he is a striker who is not mobile and will only look good with the ball at his feet inside the box, we should cash in and let Robbie Fowler do that job because honestly what's the difference between them at the moment other than the fact that at least Fowler has been working hard trying to earn a contract for 6 weeks and training for free, at least showing some commitment and determination and a will to play for the club.

The danger of losing him would be that he rediscovers his hunger at another club and we look a fool for selling him but at his age it's going to take a lot for him to turn it around, if we can find a buyer abroad we should let him move on so that we can move forward as a club.

How can a player go from getting around 20 premiership goals and attracting the likes of Chelsea to being completley useless and arguably 3rd choice striker at best at a upper mid table club in a little over a year.

I only want players who are hungry to play for Blackburn, who will try their best at all times, even if it is only a 5 minute outing. He looked so disinterested against Hull. There are so many fine lines in football, if he produced a bit of brilliance, fired in a goal and got us 3 points then he could have found his place back in the team and who knows what might happen but what upsets and angers me is that he didn't even seem to try.

What are we going to do with this guy?

It seems that in his first year he was a fantastic signing, a regular goal scorer and looked to be a real bargain. Caused constant problems for defences and was a real match winner for us. Last year his head got turned over a potential move to Chelsea and he was very much hit and miss, losing his place to the lesser talented at least technically Jason Roberts and being shifted from the limelight thanks to the new man on the block Roque Santa Cruz.

This year he doesn't seem hit and miss, he just seems miss! We haven't seen a lot of him to be fair but in pre season and his brief appearances he has looked overweight and lacking any passion or determination. He is showing no fight on him trying to earn his spot on the team and reports suggest he is happy to leave for first team football.

We've reportedly turned down bids for him, which has been confirmed by Ince, don't know how much the bids actually were but at the moment it seems crazy to turn down any offer north of the £2.5 we paid for him.

At the moment he is a striker who is not mobile and will only look good with the ball at his feet inside the box, we should cash in and let Robbie Fowler do that job because honestly what's the difference between them at the moment other than the fact that at least Fowler has been working hard trying to earn a contract for 6 weeks and training for free, at least showing some commitment and determination and a will to play for the club.

The danger of losing him would be that he rediscovers his hunger at another club and we look a fool for selling him but at his age it's going to take a lot for him to turn it around, if we can find a buyer abroad we should let him move on so that we can move forward as a club.

How can a player go from getting around 20 premiership goals and attracting the likes of Chelsea to being completley useless and arguably 3rd choice striker at best at a upper mid table club in a little over a year.

I only want players who are hungry to play for Blackburn, who will try their best at all times, even if it is only a 5 minute outing. He looked so disinterested against Hull. There are so many fine lines in football, if he produced a bit of brilliance, fired in a goal and got us 3 points then he could have found his place back in the team and who knows what might happen but what upsets and angers me is that he didn't even seem to try.

Its time to cash in, say thank you, and move on regarding Benni.

Failing to do so is a missed opportunity bordering on mismanagement providing a bid does come in, maybe the mods could put out a poll on the matter.

Benni is lazy he aint done much for along time. time to sell him. Why he was given a new contract a few months I'll never know why. he isn't interested and has lost his hunger. I must admit while alot of u fans where cheering Benni McCarthy when he came on I was saying F*** off McCarthy

Benni is lazy he aint done much for along time. time to sell him. Why he was given a new contract a few months I'll never know why. he isn't interested and has lost his hunger. I must admit while alot of u fans where cheering Benni McCarthy when he came on I was saying F*** off McCarthy

I wasn't cheering Benni coming on. I was cheering Roberts going off. A diabolical decision by Ince.

Looking at his stats throughout his career it seems like McCarthy only delivers when he has a point to prove, Ie. His first season at every club.

He bangs in 20, has a crap year or two, changes clubs, bangs in 20, two crap years, leaves....

Time for yet another fresh challenge Bennedict.

id be embaressed as a Rovers fan if anyone booed McCarthy. Im guessing it was more for the decision to take Roberts off and not for simply McCarthy. thats what i hope.

He is a very skillfull player and i would still easily class him above Roberts in almost every department except when it comes to workrate.

Roberts will never score 20 in a season. McCarthy has. That is all i really care about to be honest. Although this season Roberts really has upped his game to be fair. Deserves to be starting. i wouldnt sell McCarthy for anything less than £10m atm. Proven prem goalscorers do not grow on trees. Our strikeforce is arguably the most potent outside the top 4 if not including Arsenal. Each striker brings something different. McCarthy, on form is a matchwinner.

id be embaressed as a Rovers fan if anyone booed McCarthy. Im guessing it was more for the decision to take Roberts off and not for simply McCarthy. thats what i hope.

He is a very skillfull player and i would still easily class him above Roberts in almost every department except when it comes to workrate.

Roberts will never score 20 in a season. McCarthy has. That is all i really care about to be honest. Although this season Roberts really has upped his game to be fair. Deserves to be starting. i wouldnt sell McCarthy for anything less than £10m atm. Proven prem goalscorers do not grow on trees. Our strikeforce is arguably the most potent outside the top 4 if not including Arsenal. Each striker brings something different. McCarthy, on form is a matchwinner.

he is a waste of space i would rather see gally or matty playing than him....get shut and move on...

wake up incy wincy spider...... SELL HIM!!

We've seen nothing from McCarthy to suggest he deserves to be at the club and his recent comments indicate he feels he should either be at a better club (Chelsea) or at the very least in our starting 11. There's little doubt McCarthy is very talented when it suits him but he has openly admitted he was not giving of his best last season, seeing his apprent fitness / weight levels on Saturday there's every reason to feel nothing has changed.

McCarthy is at least third choice now and £6m for a non-scoring 31 year olf seems like a good deal. I don't understand why Ince would want to keep him? While I can understand why many fans don't want to see Fowler at the club he does at least appear to be trying - and that's one thing it has never been possible to say of McCarthy. Sunderland's £6m is a gift, we should take it.

Could not agree more on the player's ability.

I heard the booing and it only started after McCarthy appeared on the field rather than the decision which was made.

At present though he needs dropping completely from the squad to get his head sorted and his weight. If no improvement has been made by January, then there is need for selling the player. Ince will have given long enough without affecting McCarthy's selling price to drastically.

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever

If he put as much effort into his game and getting fit as he does in gobbing off he would be a world beater,

The lazy arrogant fat XXXXXXX,

He should be pleading with Ince to help him get fit at the minimum and start showing some respect to the club who pay him mega bucks everyweek for doing jack ######.

:rover:

We've seen nothing from McCarthy to suggest he deserves to be at the club and his recent comments indicate he feels he should either be at a better club (Chelsea) or at the very least in our starting 11. There's little doubt McCarthy is very talented when it suits him but he has openly admitted he was not giving of his best last season, seeing his apprent fitness / weight levels on Saturday there's every reason to feel nothing has changed.

McCarthy is at least third choice now and £6m for a non-scoring 31 year olf seems like a good deal. I don't understand why Ince would want to keep him? While I can understand why many fans don't want to see Fowler at the club he does at least appear to be trying - and that's one thing it has never been possible to say of McCarthy. Sunderland's £6m is a gift, we should take it.

Paul sorry for being a bit curt with your previous post.

I was utterly frustrated with the media in that they totally failed to make anything of RSC's "happy" interview when the Club Shop opened then totally ignored John Williams saying to the BBC that no offers had been received for either RSC since the City bid and none at all for Benni.

I have no reason to believe that JW lied to Radio Lancashire.

Nor have I any reason to believe that Roy Keane cannot see what we can see. Despite a month of pre-season training, McCarthy is still visibly overweight and unfit and will probably remain so for at least the next two months.

I know we all assume other Managers are daft but I guess a disciplinarian like Keane would need less than 2 minutes watching Benni Mac as he is now to pull out of offering £9m.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.