BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tugay - Better Than Ever

Roost

This is sort of by the by, but has anyone seen Tugay give an interview? I read something a couple of years back that claimed he could not speak English- suprising since he has been in the UK since 2000.

There was one interview a couple of years ago with a fellow Rovers player when Tugay could be heard in the background doing farmyard impressions .

May be best to leave him be ... :blink:

There was one interview a couple of years ago with a fellow Rovers player when Tugay could be heard in the background doing farmyard impressions .

May be best to leave him be ... :blink:

I was going to mention that. Moo-ing ISTR! If it's that memorable when he's mooing during another interview he must _very_ rarely show himself to the media.(Except on the pitch where he lets actions speak louder than cows, I mean words)

This is sort of by the by, but has anyone seen Tugay give an interview? I read something a couple of years back that claimed he could not speak English- suprising since he has been in the UK since 2000.

I'm pretty sure he speaks English fine but just doesn't like giving interviews, uses it as an excuse. Can't remember where I read it though!

I tend to agree with you 6, but I don't think this is one or the other, we can do both. Give Toogs a new one year (or ten for all I care) contract, and sign one or two new central midfielders.

Oh, and being forced into the transfer market isn't necessarily a good thing, the best players will not be signed in a hurry..

Edited by herbergeehh

I tend to agree with you 6, but I don't think this is one or the other, we can do both. Give Toogs a new one year (or ten for all I care) contract, and sign one or two new central midfielders.

Oh, and being forced into the transfer market isn't necessarily a good thing, the best players will not be signed in a hurry..

New contract for Tugs and let Mokoena go in my opinion...

First of all i think Tugay is having a great season just like he has been doing for us over many seasons now.

But with Savage out at the moment i feel Tugay and the Axe can't play together in CM because when Tugay gets caught out of position or gives a slack pass away i fear for the worse cos the Axe is not good enough to get the ball back like Savage is

Tugay speaks perfectly good English but as someone else said he doesn't like interviews and so doesn't do them. Let his football do the talking. He has real respect for Rovers fans. My family are now on tugay watch to check when he's about to be subbed. we spotted the long walk some time ago and as soon as Tugay appears on our left we know he's going off!

Couple of seasons ago after the United game that the scum stole in injury time. I was in the club shop stocking up on one of my rare trips to Ewood when Tugay came in with a Turkish mate and a young lad and bought the kid a load of stuff in cash, didn't try and put it on an account or anything.

As a world-class footballer who has played all-over Europe it was great to see. I know that all Pro's are in it for the money at the end of the day but Tugays connectin with the club seems to be deeper than most.

• 3 years later...

Kevin Hird told me he used to room with Simon Garner on away trips, the first time he was rooming with him, Hirdy woke in the middle of the night alarmed at a red glow at the other side of the room, it was Garner having a quick fag in the middle of the night!!

A lad i know, used to work at Bolton BMW & once Serviced his X5... He sent me a message to tell me. Afterwards he said they had to valet it because it was minging from the fags. There was fag ash & fag ends everywhere... Thats how I found out, and I could'nt believe it.

Who cares tho... he was amazing for us, and it just makes it all the more pleasing that I've seen him run the likes of Frank Lampard & Steven Gerrard off the pitch in games... If they could'nt keep up with a smoker in his late 30's, what chance do England have!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.