BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nepotism With Brfc

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you are judging them on their organisation of the Blue Bar passes. It took them until 3-4 weeks ago to finally send out the Terms and Conditions for actually having one. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen people barracking the door staff on match days trying to get in.

Although I must say since the T&C arrived at least everyone knows where they stand.

Edited by key76

I notice that the clubs head of PR is called Mr. Coar and the head of Sales and Marketing is called Mr Williams.

Surely this isn't what I think it is.

If it is then the club must hang its head in shame...

:angry:

Well, compare it to the situation at Hearts:

Man called Vladimir Romanov comes in to take over.

Then a coach named Valdas Ivanauskas was appointed.

Their new sporting director is called Alex Koslovski

Valdas Ivanauskas's replacement is called Eduord Malofeev.

Malofeev is rumoured to be leaving to complete a coaching course and his replacement is lined up as one Mr Eugenijus Riabovas.

They also have a number of players whose nationality just happens to match that of the chairman: Saulius Mikoliunas and Nerijus Barasa. (Ok so Mark Hughes signed Savage and Bellamy but that's beside the point as he knew them from managing them)

And to top it off, the chairman is thinking about re-naming Hearts as Lithuanian Livers United.

Would be better if all the names were Lithuanian, so it'd be obvious even for an outsider what was going on (Romanov, Malofeev and maybe Koslovski may be Lithuanians, but their names are Russian). Not that it matters though.

I actually used to work with both of the Williams at Granada around ten years ago, and from my experience both are more than competent to perform the roles they have.

Simon is a well educated and has worked for some very large companies including the formentioned Granada and also a large catalogue company in Manchester.

John Williams didn't just buy his way into the top position at Rovers, he went through a rigorous selection process at the time if I remember rightly and was basically the top choice of our own Mr Walker who had great faith in him turning Rovers into a good business.

I know John Williams son has worked in Marketing for a number of years as a good friend of mine used to work with him a couple of years ago. Always said he was a decent bloke and he got my 125 year anniversary shirt signed for me.

So which one is to blame for failing to reverse the decline in attendances, the son, the Dad or both ?

One Williams with his snout in the Rovers pig trough is more than enough.

I'm with the mid-terrace dweller here.

1. Sons and fathers 90% of the time are better kept seperate in work issues, disciplinary problems usually being the achilles heel of such situations.

2. Also my assumption would be that somewhere some poor bloke has missed out on a damned good career opportunity just because Williams Jnr has been appointed by a nod and a wink.

3. If Williams jnr had owt about him he should prefer to work elsewhere and prove to all that he can paddle his own canoe.

4. Quality is not hereditary otherwise...........Has Alan Shearer got a son?

pathetic thread full of cheap shots.

nobody on here knows his career history or his background in marketing so why all the negativity? At least do some homework and find out his previous jobs and track record before you have a needless moan.

the range and quality of marketing programmes that are being spearheaded by the club at the moment are fantastic. There isn't another club in the league that is doing as much to try and win back the crowds.

pathetic thread full of cheap shots.

nobody on here knows his career history or his background in marketing so why all the negativity? At least do some homework and find out his previous jobs and track record before you have a needless moan.

the range and quality of marketing programmes that are being spearheaded by the club at the moment are fantastic. There isn't another club in the league that is doing as much to try and win back the crowds.

...except that our club store is horrid, our kit is low class (sorry Lonsdale, but you're crap), and I've seen no evidence of any attempt to play a US friendly.

Okay, the last one is wishful thinking, but our marketing so far as our merchandise goes is ######. Williams may be a genius at other things, but he needs to hire a deputy in charge of goods.

*Bangs head on wall* But the club shop isn't run by the club any more. Have you all written to JW to express your concerns about marketing and the club shop??????????????????

I understand that there was once someone selling club stuff from a house in Nuttall Street. Anyone up for it?

*Bangs head on wall* But the club shop isn't run by the club any more. Have you all written to JW to express your concerns about marketing and the club shop??????????????????

Haven't written, though that is a good idea.

I realize that Sports World runs the club shop now. I'm more concerned with the lack of official merchandise I can purchase. I have to get my scarves through eBay or third party sites. I can't get keeper kit. Presuming Rovers had made other items, they'd be available through the club shop. The club shop is bad for a variety of reasons. The customer service issues are indeed not Rovers' fault. The lack of merchandise is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.