BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Isnt That Nice Of Him?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think he wants to go at all. Just that you can ask questions to get the answer you want and the press are very good at doing that. Last time I said this I got accused of having a persecution complex but it is true that the media on the whole can't cope with Rovers' relative success and therefore they can't quite believe that a guy who has won a Champions League medal and is now playing well in the premiership might be quite happy to play at Rovers. Therefore thay ask questions that put the player in a position where whatever he says can be read whatever way the reader wants to take it.

Exactly,why not just keep shut Benni and get on with it,the press dont need any more ammunition......especially at this time of year!! :unsure:

Because the interview is months old, where the interviewer asked about replacing Bellamy and Blackburn fans fearing him leave. I can't believe people are going into this AGAIN..

Because the interview is months old, where the interviewer asked about replacing Bellamy and Blackburn fans fearing him leave. I can't believe people are going into this AGAIN..

Precisely, and if he had kept quiet the newspaper headline would have read "McCarthy coy over exit talk" or some other such nonsense.

Precisely, and if he had kept quiet the newspaper headline would have read "McCarthy coy over exit talk" or some other such nonsense.

It's like what an old teacher of mine once gave as example of easy/lazy journalism.

Journalist : Have you ever beaten your wife or taken drugs?

Celebrity : no and no

Headline : " Celebrity denies beating wife and taking drugs"

The headline is perfectly true, but immediately suggests something that isn't anything like the reality of the situation.

"But I want to be loyal to the people who finally gave me a chance. Blackburn showed a lot of determination to get me and I have a lot of respect for that.

"So if they want me to stay, I will stay. Blackburn's wish is my command."

Even Alistair Campbell would have a problem putting spin on that one.

It's like what an old teacher of mine once gave as example of easy/lazy journalism.

Journalist : Have you ever beaten your wife or taken drugs?

Celebrity : no and no

Headline : " Celebrity denies beating wife and taking drugs"

The headline is perfectly true, but immediately suggests something that isn't anything like the reality of the situation.

Exactly right Modi! And that is precisely the reason why I have not bought ANY "newspaper" (code for garbage paper) other than the weekly Dunfermline Press in the last 18 years. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Seems to me on reading this entire thread from beginning to end, that the majority of the posters seem to be intent on giving Benni the message that he is not trusted or appreciated and that he may just as well go!

What really nice people some of you are! :ph34r:

If we're going to continually have problems keeping hold of our good players (which we will) we need to revise our selling strategy. Since obviously every penny from transfers cannot go into player purchases as we've seen the last few years, we need to start getting players back in a trade and not just money. This has become a worrying trend, every time we sell a player we struggle mightily to replace them. I like the strategy of holding out for Warnock and cash in exchange for Neill.

If Benni or Gamst or Bentley are next to go, we need to get someone in return so that the loss isn't so devastating. I know this isn't the normal way of transfers but if we're only going to be able to keep our star players for a few years we're either going to need a tremendous output from our Academy or have bottomless pockets to stay up in the Top 6 consistently every year. Both of which is asking a lot...

I think we should be prepared for a Chelsea bid before the end of the window as well..especially if Benni hits a few more this month.

Look, they need striker help, no lie, but I think they're more likely to make a serious bid for Neill or another defender.

Drogba is enough to make things happen for them if they're stingy on defense. They do need a partner for him, but I don't think Benni's style of play is the right fit for Mourinho and Drogba.

Mourinho knows Benni's game from Porto, Chelsea were also rumoured to be interested in him before we bought him, but obviously Roman bought Shevchenko first.

Sorry for being a pessimist guys but if Benni finishes the season with 20+ goals, then does anyone seriously think he'll be here next season? The big boys will definately be placing bids at least to test Rovers and Benni, he'll definately be alot cheaper then a English goal machine like Bent or Doyle as well. Charlton have only held onto Bent for so long because of the inflated prices that are placed on British players.

He's perfectly entitled to do that and I suppose in cold hard financial terms I don't blame him but let's not make him into some sort of latter day saint who's loyally seen his contract out, when in reality he's simply running it down for his own benefit.

Lucas has already stated that he would have left if the club let him before the season started. The club is letting his contract run down because they see more benefit in keeping him around and gambling on losing him for a free.

He has shown nothing but hte utmost professionalism in his performances and wearing the armband with pride. I am sorry to see him go but the club had an opportunity to cash in on him from the day he arrived from Millwall.

he'll definately be alot cheaper then a English goal machine like Bent or Doyle as well.

Doyle is as Irish as Guinness and scabby tatties.

If he leaves we'll sign someone else who'll get loads of goals, no sweat :tu:

Lucas has already stated that he would have left if the club let him before the season started. The club is letting his contract run down because they see more benefit in keeping him around and gambling on losing him for a free.

He has shown nothing but hte utmost professionalism in his performances and wearing the armband with pride. I am sorry to see him go but the club had an opportunity to cash in on him from the day he arrived from Millwall.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Simon you stating that Neill is 'running the contract down for his own benefit' is absolute tosh and you know it. He wanted to leave in the summer, we chose to keep him till Jan and may do so until summer (although I cannot see that option being taken). So in effect, and it must be blindingly obvious to you really, that the running down of his contract this season is being done by BRFC, BRFC alone and by no one else!

Mourinho knows Benni's game from Porto, Chelsea were also rumoured to be interested in him before we bought him, but obviously Roman bought Shevchenko first.

Sorry for being a pessimist guys but if Benni finishes the season with 20+ goals, then does anyone seriously think he'll be here next season? The big boys will definately be placing bids at least to test Rovers and Benni, he'll definately be alot cheaper then a English goal machine like Bent or Doyle as well. Charlton have only held onto Bent for so long because of the inflated prices that are placed on British players.

It comes down to who wants him really and whether he does have a clause, I don't doubt he would want to leave for a big four club if he knew he was going to get a place and they were willing to lay out a 'fair' price. However those four could well have alot of strikers on their hands anyway. An example I would give is Darren Bent-he had an excellent first season in the Prem and Charlton could hang on to him. If McCarthy hasn't got a sell on clause then we have every opportunity to do the same no matter how many goals he scores, or get masses of cash.

Always the professional Lucas giving away 3 penalties so far this season

And he never ever gave away penalties or free kicks two years ago? Why is Ooijer conceding penalties?

Could it perhaps be that committing fouls has nothing to do with professionalism, and that you just really want to believe that he's doing his best to sabotage for the club, when in reality there's no evidence at all of that?

And he never ever gave away penalties or free kicks two years ago? Why is Ooijer conceding penalties?

Could it perhaps be that committing fouls has nothing to do with professionalism, and that you just really want to believe that he's doing his best to sabotage for the club, when in reality there's no evidence at all of that?

Ooijer is giving away penalties because he's all arms.

Once a judas always a judas, Hope Mel Gibson makes Passion of the Christ 2.

Archived