BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Supporters' Chants

So as an American, I've never yet made it to Ewood (though I'm hoping to this fall).

Can anyone point me to a site where I could get lyrics/tunes for the more popular fan songs? I get drowned out by the Chelsea folk in my local (and they're always bloody there - lushes) and I'd like to be able to sing back.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just skipped through the first few pages and have to say what a load of rubbish. Please ignore most of those Driftpeasant, they aren't represenative of the most popular Rovers' songs. Hopefully someone less lazy than I will help you out.

I am so sorry for providing that link. I would like to personally apologise to Drifpleasent for wasting your time with that one. I suppose I should have PM's you first before providing it on the thread.

Last time I do that.

Get into em. dum dum dum dum. That's more or less it at Ewood! ;)

A good one from the mid 90's that had disappeared but I heard again at the back of the Riverside from a few people against Liverpool is the 'Blackburn Football, ooooo-o-oooooo, Blackburn Football, ooooo-o-oooooo,' :) lol

They doing TV themes as well JP?

you got me thinking now ozziejones about trying to make a song to the theme tune of happy days

could go some thing like:

friedel saving, happy days!

tugays skill, happy days!

pedersen dancing, happy days!

benni scoring, happy days!

it's gunna be a happy day when rovers get the points!!

these days are hugheeessssssssssss

i'll get my coat :ph34r: :wstu:

I get drowned out by the Chelsea folk in my local (and they're always bloody there - lushes) and I'd like to be able to sing back.

Where were you when you were s**t? :D

Although they may come back with:

Same place as your lot!

Get into em. dum dum dum dum. That's more or less it at Ewood! ;)

Over the TV I only ever hear two chants.

"Tugay! Tugay! Tugay! Tugay! Tugay!" (Repeated)

"Benni McCarthy! (Clap-clap clap-clap clap.) Benni McCarthy! (Clap-clap clap-clap clap.) Benni McCarthy! (Clap-clap clap-clap clap.)" (Repeated)

As for existing one's, they have gone a bit lame, mostly around players names, a couple of old favourites are still knocking around such as Keep The Blue Flag Flying, Yoru Mum's your Dad, Burnley Fans Eat Banana's with their feet etc.

There was a few much older one's sung at Wigan.

I've got an easy one for Tugay:

Wonderwall, (Or... You score Wondergoals!)

Listen to the track, it's made for it!

There's even a simple bit where you can alter it to "And every goal you score is blinding"

EASY!

This seasons most commonly used chants seem to be:-

The Referee's a wan&er (repeated over)

The referee's a scouser/geordie/cockney (repeated over)

You're not fit to referee (repeated over)

We're playing twelve again (repeated over)

Who's the bas£ard in the black (repeated over)

Not much good for you in a bar full of Chelsea fans, granted. Try giving them:-

Chelsea rent boys (repeated over)

I'd just like to say, that the Rovers fans are by far, the worse for song originality.

The one, "What's that coming over the hill Shabani Nonda" was brilliant.

But what do we sing for him now, the same old "Shabani Nonda" to the same tune as "Benni McCarthy" or "David Bentley".

It is shocking.

In the 80's the songs were brilliant, today it is embarassing.

So as an American, I've never yet made it to Ewood (though I'm hoping to this fall).

Can anyone point me to a site where I could get lyrics/tunes for the more popular fan songs? I get drowned out by the Chelsea folk in my local (and they're always bloody there - lushes) and I'd like to be able to sing back.

Not specifically aimed at Chelsea....and in part taken from another club!!! ah well.

We are the pride of the North West

And we rule East Lancs

We hate the Cockneys

And we hate the Mancs

We hate the Scousers

And dingles of course!

We are the Blackburn Rovers....na na na na...

etc...

I hope we take this one up!

Face

Archived