BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League

We've seen Liverpool, Roma, Valencia and Chelsea go through today, and tomorrow four more teams will qualify for the quarterfinals.

The Valencia vs Inter debacle should in my opinion end with massive fines and suspension from the rest of the tournament. So I'm sure Spurs will get the nod..

It will be interesting to learn the background for this massive brawl, and even more interesting to see how UEFA will handle it. The most interesting part for me was where Cambiasso and Figo tried to fight their way through ten big security guards to get into the Valencia dressing room.. And obviously the hit'n'run from Navarro- what a clown!

So who wins? Personally I'm delighted to see Roma go through, but I don't think their team is strong enough to go all the way. I'm seriously starting to fear a Liverpool or Manchester United title again..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool are the best team that I have ever seen defensively. They are just unbelieveable. Even up front they have real quality in Bellamy and Kuyt (who, by the way is excellent at both holding the ball up and bringing others into play). Perhaps with a world class striker they'll be challanging Chelsea and United. They are hugely underachieving in the premiership. Perhaps David Villa will turn that around?

On tonights performance, I'd back Liverpool.

These stats are amazing. You would think from the possession that Barca were the better side, but just look at the territorial advantage!

Liverpool v Barcelona

Liverpool Team Statistics Barcelona

28.4 Possession 71.6

59.3 Territorial Advantage 40.7

Liverpool are the best team that I have ever seen defensively. They are just unbelieveable. Even up front they have real quality in Bellamy and Kuyt (who, by the way is excellent at both holding the ball up and bringing others into play). Perhaps with a world class striker they'll be challanging Chelsea and United. They are hugely underachieving in the premiership. Perhaps David Villa will turn that around?

On tonights performance, I'd back Liverpool.

Not whilst they have that clown between the posts.

It looks like the Premiership's headache with the "Big 4" is being shared by the Champions League.

Apart from Chelsea, I would say the weaker team in the other three ties got through last night. Valencia could/should go into the next round seriously weakened by suspensions whilst if it were any club apart from an Italian giant in last night's brawl, I would question whether we will see Inter in Europe next season.

I think it is an open draw for the next round of the Champs League isn't it? If there is a rule about clubs from the same country not facing each other, there is every chance of an all Premiership semi-finals if Arsenal overcome their recent wobble tonight.

My hunch is that Chelsea will win three Cups this season. They will win the Prem as well if the Mancs start picking up injuries.

I think Chelsea will win it. They've not been at their best all season - yet they've won the league cup, in the quarter finals of the champions league and fa cup and 2nd in the league. They just need to start picking up form now and they could win the lot - though I think United will pip them to the Premiership.

That brawl was a disgrace. If Inter are not kicked out of Europe for a significant period of time for what in my mind was hooliganism by players.

What sort of an example are they setting, all so soon after the death of the Policeman. If the clubs can't even control their players no wonder the fans riot.

World Football needs to send a clear and unequivocal message to Italian football - Sort it Out or Get Out.

I would suspend their membership of UEFA and FIFA leave them to go into meltdown as would have happened if the events of Italy had happened in the England. Someone in Italy obviously looks after Mr. Blatter and as such his puppet Platini won't do anything either.

Hmmm, I think that Roma have a decent shot now. Lyon are no pushovers by ANYONES standards, yet Roma just dealt with them. Wouldn't mind them winning it. Aside from that I think it's well open, disappointed Barca went out last night because a) Liverpool went through and B) I enjoy watching them

That brawl was a disgrace. If Inter are not kicked out of Europe for a significant period of time for what in my mind was hooliganism by players.

What sort of an example are they setting, all so soon after the death of the Policeman. If the clubs can't even control their players no wonder the fans riot.

World Football needs to send a clear and unequivocal message to Italian football - Sort it Out or Get Out.

I would suspend their membership of UEFA and FIFA leave them to go into meltdown as would have happened if the events of Italy had happened in the England. Someone in Italy obviously looks after Mr. Blatter and as such his puppet Platini won't do anything either.

Please could you refresh my memory as to how the brawl started? Ta.

Please could you refresh my memory as to how the brawl started? Ta.

The TV didn't really show the start of the fight cos it had cut away to the fans. But at the final whistle there was a little fracas in the centre circle and it all kicked off from there.

From what i could see there was only 1 punch thrown and that was by the valencia sub who was chased off the pitch by the inter players.

Arsenal go out, in one of the most 1 sided games i have seen in a while, so unlucky. Madrid 4-4 on aggr(out on away goals as it stands), celtic 0-0 and manyoo through.

Archived