BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Club Shop ?

I think it's been said a few times, but feel free to correct me if i am incorrect, rovers have a long term deal with Sports World and the shop will not be returning to us in the near future. It would not make financial sense for us to buy it back either as we make more in there rent than we do from selling our merch.

Hope this helps.

It's also been mentioned that because of the poor range of stock and the general crap quality of service that the terms of the contract are being looked at again.

I know nothing official has been mentioned, but I really hope it's true :rover:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we are sold to a new investor I would imagine they would buy out of this, especially if it's the JJB fellow. Even if it's just wishful thinking to sell more merchandise than the rent earned, it has to be worth a punt for someone who knows so much about sportswear.

In my view if ownership of the club shop transferred from SWI to JJB it would be a case of out of the frying pan into the fire, the bottom line seems to be that these huge chains simply aren't geared up to provide relatively small runs of the sort of individual items you would normally expect from a club shop. I think Everton have had similar problems to us.

As regards the club shop a little further patience is required, apparently negotiations are still very much ongoing and its felt some progress has been made, but we won't really know much more than that unless and until the club are in a position to make an announcement at a later date.

Guys any help would do here..im thinking of buying something off the online shop..however im a bit worried that if it should go missing,what would happen..how do you sort it out if it does go missing? And how would rands be converted to pounds if its by debit order?is there any chance where they might be charging me way more than what im suppose to pay?

Guys any help would do here..im thinking of buying something off the online shop..however im a bit worried that if it should go missing,what would happen..how do you sort it out if it does go missing? And how would rands be converted to pounds if its by debit order?is there any chance where they might be charging me way more than what im suppose to pay?

Aren't you automatically insured if you pay by credit card?

it doesnt matter who owns the shop next season if they keep the same ignorent cow that runs it then the shop will still be crap .Ive not been in since the ignorent wouldnt let me at 4.30 because the shop shut at 5 and was extremly rude about it too.

it doesnt matter who owns the shop next season if they keep the same ignorent cow that runs it then the shop will still be crap .Ive not been in since the ignorent wouldnt let me at 4.30 because the shop shut at 5 and was extremly rude about it too.

I should say i didn't find them to bad on saturday. Simon went in to get his away shirt and we had a decent chat with the shirt printing guys about how many Zurab shirts they had done.

Alot better than some of the other shops i have been in, including the canteen here at work today where i was served by a 60 year old with the vocabulary and serving ability of an ape.

I was disappointed by the fact they had no adult goalkeeper kits. I would have purchased one.

In my view if ownership of the club shop transferred from SWI to JJB it would be a case of out of the frying pan into the fire, the bottom line seems to be that these huge chains simply aren't geared up to provide relatively small runs of the sort of individual items you would normally expect from a club shop. I think Everton have had similar problems to us.

As regards the club shop a little further patience is required, apparently negotiations are still very much ongoing and its felt some progress has been made, but we won't really know much more than that unless and until the club are in a position to make an announcement at a later date.

To back up Rev's comment, this is the minute from the discussion at the Fans' Forum last week: -

a) Club Shop

TF reported that a dialogue with SWI was ongoing. The club’s resolve to reach a satisfactory outcome for fans remained as strong as ever.

What I find annoying is that if you go into one of the chain elsewhere they have masses of Chelsea, Liverpool, United items and I even spotted a Man City Annual in the Deepdale one :angry:

Well it’s the same here in Cape Town lol loads of man united,Liverpool and Chelsea items but nothing for a rovers fan like me.  I wonder if the Groobster can send ask the guys to send some Rovers items so that I can purchase some.i doubt it tho,as we not on speaking terms at the moment  I hope I don’t get banned for saying that now again.

Can anybody tell me why club shops are not run by the clubs themselves?or are they?im confused with this whole sportsworld thing.Do the club get the money that’s being made,or is it split between the club and sportsworld..

Can anybody tell me why club shops are not run by the clubs themselves?or are they?im confused with this whole sportsworld thing.Do the club get the money that’s being made,or is it split between the club and sportsworld..

At most clubs they are. Rovers entered into a commercial agreement with SWI which is lucrative for the club and should have been good for fans as well. The club gets a guaranteed annual payment which is more than they could have made themselves and they have been receiving this payment. The problem has been that SWI have not delivered in terms of Rovers specific merchandise in the store, so the shop is effectively just another sports clothing shop, albeit with a good range of Rovers kit but little else. Hence the club is currently discussing changes with SWI.

Not necessarily, Section 75 wont apply to an overseas credit card and I seem to remember Iceman is in SA?

correct i am from Cape Town Stu...so that would mean i would have to pay for insurance as well...thats a bit crappy,as i thought that should a parcel go missing it would be insured. <_<

I dont know whp delivers out ot SA but ive had DHL deliver here in the states and have NEVER had a problem, and ive ordered last seasons home kit and this years home and away kits with no snags. I would look into who delivers the packages and then contact them and see what there policy is on the matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the Annual Awards Evening and in John Williams 'Message from the Chairman', he stated along with other news that Rovers had now taken back control of the club shop and as of next season it would be under sole control of the club!

Just got back from the Annual Awards Evening and in John Williams 'Message from the Chairman', he stated along with other news that Rovers had now taken back control of the club shop and as of next season it would be under sole control of the club!

Excellent to hear this news officially confirmed, and I know it's been a long and difficult road for the club to make this happen. I imagine there is a financial cost to bear as well - let's just hope it didn't come down to a straight choice between reclaiming the club shop and keeping Tugay for another year!

And now - please please please Rovers, don't waste this opportunity. Plan the relaunch properly, listen to the views of the fans about what is needed (use the Fans Forum, read this site, etc), strike the right balance between financial profit and added value to Rovers as a brand ...

... and ensure every staff member in the new Club Shop is a passionate die-hard Rovers fan - with a talent for customer service to boot. Get the minikits back, the scarves, the teddies, the pint pots, the mugs, the curtains, duvet covers ... my credit card is already wriggling!

... my credit card is already wriggling!

Exactly, I can see the club making a handsome profit for a couple of seasons as we all seek to replace lost, worn out and broken items (or for the younger fans, start a collection).

Huzzaahh!!

My sister and brother in law came up from Cornwall for the Derby game, in particular to bring my 9 year old nephew to his first game. He, of course, was very excited, all kitted out in newly acquired shirt and especially pleased that his hero, 'Santa' scored twice :) So, this afternoon, off they trot to the club shop to get Santa Cruz emblazoned on his treasured Rovers shirt... Unfortunately the shop was unable to oblige as, quote, "We have run out of A's and we aren't allowed to order any more, [i]because we have got too many of the other letters left.[/i].."

Unbelievable!!

Well, it happened. Exit stage left one very disappointed (not to mention confused) 9 year old back to Cornwall.

This is precisely the kind of example of excruciatingly bad customer service that should be used to wrest the franchise back from spurts wurld so that a competent and credible retailer can be associated with our good name.

Sack em, I say... and with any luck it might just have happened :):rover:

On the way out after the Derby game, i saw a couple both wearing black 'surfer-type' T-shirts with a Santa Cruz emblem on the back. Does anybody know where you can get them? :unsure:

Great news! Hopefully they will include all the following - Home & Away kits, keeper kits, training kits, official tracksuits, hoodies, polo shirts with the badge on.

Mini kits, car stickers, flags, scarves, caps, postcards, posters

also rugs, curtains, bedding, decanters, glasses, mugs, lamp shades anything you can think of. Get the products out there. Cant wait!!

but make sure you dont go in an hour before its due to close because the stroppy cow wont let you in.If the shop changes hands its NEEDS A NEW STAFF AND A VERY VERY VERY DIFFERENT ATTITUDE.i COMPLAINED TO LYNDSAY TALBOT WHO SAID SHE WENT WENT TO SEE THE PERSON IN CHARGE AND THEY WAS GOING TO RING ME AND APOLOGISE...ah well that was in august ,i will wait in all day again tommorrow for the phone to ring.

Archived