BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Club Shop ?

If that is true then its the worse bit of business by Rovers since Kevin Davies was signed.....flurkin unbelievable!

:angry2:

Not really.

If the SWI deal actually worked and they stocked a reasonable range of merchandise Rovers would have no need anyway....

...now your comment might be correct in relation to the seeming absence of a get out clause...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 11 2008, 20:40 ) 574609[/snapback]
Who says they dont ??? Who says SWI give a stuff.

What SWI thinks or not is irrelevant IF its in the agreement, a breach of contract does not give a quick exit but we should as fans have heard about it by now. So im guessing Rovers does not have anything in the agreement about it.

What Blackburn merchandise can you buy in the shop then? I am flying over from Spain for next weeks match and my eldest son wants to go into the shop. Surely I should be able to buy him something :unsure: He already has all the kits and I was after some tshirts for him. I am better off ordering it off the internet and getting it delivered to my mums?

TIA

What Blackburn merchandise can you buy in the shop then? I am flying over from Spain for next weeks match and my eldest son wants to go into the shop. Surely I should be able to buy him something :unsure: He already has all the kits and I was after some tshirts for him. I am better off ordering it off the internet and getting it delivered to my mums?

TIA

dont go 1 hour before it closes as adolf fat knickers wont let you in!!!!!!

If the shop is still messed up can some one help me. I am looking for Rovers stuff for a newborn, well 2 months now, a girl. This proud new Granpa would like his lil Grandaughter to start life out proper. Anyone point me in the right directiom

If the shop is still messed up can some one help me. I am looking for Rovers stuff for a newborn, well 2 months now, a girl. This proud new Granpa would like his lil Grandaughter to start life out proper. Anyone point me in the right directiom

yea buy her a bronco jersey and a diamondback one :P:P

yea buy her a bronco jersey and a diamondback one :P:P

Diamondbacks I'd do. Broncos?? she's an Arizona girl and since we have no football team it's Rovers, Suns and Diamondbacks, in that order

Did you get to a Suns game when you was here Abster, lot of fun the Basketball games are.

you do have a footy team..the cards...

im not a huge fan of basketball tbh...i did rocky point for a night(eye opener) and partied in glendale and the tailgate lasted 3 days hahaaha (drunkest ive been in years by the time my cuz picked us up at 1am hahahah bloody moonshine)

The only place to go sadly is ebay, sometime you can find some stuff thats not been out of the package.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 11 2008, 19:40 ) 574609[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Who says they dont ??? Who says SWI give a stuff.

Well it's pretty simple. It's either not in the contract when it should be, or it is in the contract and SWI are in breach of that. If it's the latter as you suggest then Rovers should be doing something about it.

Mu understanding is that it is in the contract and that Rovers believe that SWI are in breach and they are trying to do something about it. I would guess that there is dispute about the clarity of the actual wording (as in most legal contracts if you end up in an argument) (Just look at the differing views about what Hughes has said or not about the Newcastle job on other threads to see how easy it is to make different interpretations on a simple statement). No doubt m'learned friends are involved and that only leads to cost and time. It's presumably not in SWI's interest to do anything if the shop is making money so they are dragging their heels at every opportunity.

We will be asking the club again tomorrow night for a progress report at the Fans' Forum but don't hold your breath....

Chaps,

I believe that Rovers get 50% of all profits generated by SWIL from selling anything with the Rovers crest on. Guaranteed minimums of about £350k a year. Deal runs until 2016 at the earliest.

You need to get used to it because the club would not make that kind of money if it ran the shop itself.

Apparently all shops within 5 miles and including Chorley, Clitheroe and Accy must carry the full range of merchandise and dedicate a set % of floor space to Rovers goods. I'm not sure they are doing that but with the income stream being guaranteed I'm not sure the club really has an incentive to do anything about it. Especially now that Umbro are supplying them good kit on time and at the right quality.

Chaps,

I believe that Rovers get 50% of all profits generated by SWIL from selling anything with the Rovers crest on. Guaranteed minimums of about £350k a year. Deal runs until 2016 at the earliest.

You need to get used to it because the club would not make that kind of money if it ran the shop itself.

Apparently all shops within 5 miles and including Chorley, Clitheroe and Accy must carry the full range of merchandise and dedicate a set % of floor space to Rovers goods. I'm not sure they are doing that but with the income stream being guaranteed I'm not sure the club really has an incentive to do anything about it. Especially now that Umbro are supplying them good kit on time and at the right quality.

Very illuminating! So it would appear that the current Chairman of Newcastle United has entered into a funding arrangement with another Premier League club! ( and has got well and truly hammered in the contract as well). Ho hum, didn't some cockney club get fined some pittance for third party influence?

Easy to resolve this one from here.

When the skunks call John Williams in the morning to beg permission to speak to "Second Choice" Hughes - JW just needs his answer all lined up on a cue card -

"Mr Ashley" ... [you shallow spurs supporting idiot] ... "ahem, Mr Ashley, you can't even talk to me about talking to Hughes until you give us back our club shop"

Then they can sort out cash compensation and a transfer embargo on Rovers players until summer 2009.

Then Hughes can turn Ashley down and we can all move on - with a proper club shop to boot.

Why would the club rock the boat on a very sweet deal?

I'm sure they could get a sweet deal selling off Ewood Park and playing first team games at Morecambe, but that wouldn't make it the right thing to do.

It's short term thinking unfortunately contracted in for a very long time. They are p!ss!ng off their core customers and missing out on the whole point of branded merchandise: awareness and loyalty building. But hey, its bankrolling a massive <1% of the turnover, so who cares.

I'm sure they could get a sweet deal selling off Ewood Park and playing first team games at Morecambe, but that wouldn't make it the right thing to do.

It's short term thinking unfortunately contracted in for a very long time. They are p!ss!ng off their core customers and missing out on the whole point of branded merchandise: awareness and loyalty building. But hey, its bankrolling a massive <1% of the turnover, so who cares.

I agree entirely. It's te wrong thing to do from a loyalty and branding perspective, but it is right for revenues.

It's not a big source of income but the shop was losing money before they outsourced it and lets be honest it was pretty poor anyway. By doing it "properly" they would need to get a merchandising team in and a whole design and sourcing team. If you are the club, would you want the distraction? And as much as we all love Beamo, he is the commercial director so it would be down to him to sort it....

• Backroom
We will be asking the club again tomorrow night for a progress report at the Fans' Forum but don't hold your breath....

Well o2g... what happened when the question was popped last night ? Have the board come up with anything yet ?

Surely we can set up some direct sales through the web site at least, the lack of ANYTHING worth buying in the store is embarassing. How about a catalogue sent out with season ticket renewals showing people that they can get Rovers related merchandise. Mini kits, baby grows, bibs, training tops, clocks etc etc or anything with the club crest on all sell well for other clubs why do we have nothing!

Even if this was set up through SWI and the club shop it would lead to an increase in revenue, esp if the 50% profit is right.

Man Utd recently announced record takings of around £300million. I`d hazard a guess & say a very large chunk of that was down to merchandise alone.

Rovers need to learn "if the people want it, they should offer it".....or somebody else will.

Archived