BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Club Shop ?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was watching Soccer Am yesterday and they were showing off different things from different club shops. It really rammed home how awful ours really is!

The best thing was the Ipswich Town Toaster! Not only is the casing in Ipswich colours it toasts with the letters ITFC on the bread! How great is that! I may be asking a lot but wouldnt that be great! A rovers toaster!!!

thats sounds well tidy, if rovers done one i'll deffo buy it!!

'4,000 Holes' takes pi*s out of the club shop in their current issue. Knowing the idiots at Sportsworld, they'll probably sue for libel.

No. knowing the idiots at Sportsworld, they`ll probably start selling 4000holes......at 90%off <_<

just a question for any long time store shoppers out there (i can see you :( ) im looking to get a rovers shirt from the store in the next fewk weeks, in the past when have they gone on sale? i would be quite peeved if i ordered one tonight and in a few weeks the january sales hit and i could have saved 20 quid (im a student and all :rolleyes: ) do they stay the same pretty much till season end?

Well there certainly aren't any Rovers GK tops, that's for sure. It's been that way for two seasons running now.

There were plenty when I was there last season. Having the same color number 1 and Friedel letters, however....

A couple of years ago my dad came back from Bulgaria with a set of those russian dolls that fit inside each other and get smaller and smaller. However the thing is that the dolls are not dolls but rovers players. They weren't exactly the best players but there on my shelf none the less. I think there is Friedel, Amoruso, Matteo, Dickov & Gresko

I also have a set of them. Bought them on ebay a few months ago. Thats where I get all my Rovers stuff now.

The Nephew who is three years old asked for a Rovers shirt for his birthday and all the time asks for the Rovers cup when he comes round to our house.. His Dad and Brothers support Man U and Liverpool. Now, he walks round there house shouting Blackburn are the best - this has nothing to do with me by the way - I wouldnt do it to his dad but he said he is happy for him to make his own choice. The Mrs gives him a number e.g. 1 and he shouts - Fridel. Now, she went round the other day and he was playing with some Man U top trumps (because he likes to look at the numbers and remember the players names to go with them) - he asked the Mrs if she could get him some Blackburn ones - alas, its things like this which could loose us a future fan. I just pray he stays happy with his shirt and cup.

There were plenty when I was there last season. Having the same color number 1 and Friedel letters, however....

Sorry American, I was actually referring to the online club shop. I went to Ewood a lot at the start of the season, but circumstances make it difficult right now. My current goalkeeper top is becoming faded and I need a new one. I want a Rovers one, but can't get to Ewood to buy it. The same thing happened last season and I had to get a branded one instead.

A lorry load of official Juve merchandise came down from Turin to Malta and set up shop outside the stadium for the training sessions and match and is going onto Catania tonight ahead of Juve's match there on Saturday.

That is what having a global brand for you does.

My daughter wanted a scarf before Saturday's game so I went to our lovely 'club shop'.

Told they didn't sell scarves and when I asked where I could buy one from pointed me in the direction of a street vendor. Unbelievable.

I bought my scarf in the club shop :unsure:

When it was announced that the club were reducing ST prices I emailed them suggesting that this would be a good time to do something about the club shop. Part of the match day experience for kids is surely getting a new scarfe or knick knack.

I got a reply saying that they agreed and would be sorting it out before the start of the season.

Surprise, surprise, still no change.

I got a reply saying that they agreed and would be sorting it out before the start of the season.

Surprise, surprise, still no change.

I don't think it is through lack of effort on the clubs part. They are tied into a deal with sports world and I'd rather they put the funds into the team than getting the club shop back a year earlier.

Equally blackburn rovers could open up a rival shop in the club grounds :rover:

I don't think it is through lack of effort on the clubs part. They are tied into a deal with sports world and I'd rather they put the funds into the team than getting the club shop back a year earlier.

Equally blackburn rovers could open up a rival shop in the club grounds :rover:

No they can't. Part of the agreement with SWI prevents Rovers opening up another shop within a certain geographical radius, which stretches at least to cover Blackburn town centre.

No they can't. Part of the agreement with SWI prevents Rovers opening up another shop within a certain geographical radius, which stretches at least to cover Blackburn town centre.

Damn. Just a case of sitting out the deal or buying them out then.

That i can understand but what i cant understand is why Rovers does not appear to have some sort of agreement about whats sold in the store, some crap from SWI is ok but say at least 50% of the stuff should be related to Rovers. If they have such an agreement they could easily get out of it.

That i can understand but what i cant understand is why Rovers does not appear to have some sort of agreement about whats sold in the store, some crap from SWI is ok but say at least 50% of the stuff should be related to Rovers. If they have such an agreement they could easily get out of it.

Who says they dont ??? Who says SWI give a stuff.

If that is true then its the worse bit of business by Rovers since Kevin Davies was signed.....flurkin unbelievable!

:angry2:

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 11 2008, 19:40 ) 574609[/snapback]
Who says they dont ??? Who says SWI give a stuff.

Well it's pretty simple. It's either not in the contract when it should be, or it is in the contract and SWI are in breach of that. If it's the latter as you suggest then Rovers should be doing something about it.

Archived