BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] £115,000 A Week 'not Enough'

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet Mr Moorhouse and his team of Handymen are gutted to have such a rotten and thankless job in this time of economic crisis and high unemployment as they have to trudge round sumptuous homes and getting paid to do easy-to-complete taks and no doubt picking a few handsome tips along the way. Bloody footballers treating their staff like paid employees. Disgraceful.

By God, ASEF, you've sunk if this is the best you can do these days.

My first thought when I saw that about the team of odd job men United employ was "ridiculous", but then my second was of all those stories you see with footballers getting injured falling off a ladder doing some DIY at home, poaching an egg in the microwave etc - if they save two weeks of Wayne Rooney sick pay then they probably fund themselves.

Got to admit I'm on Mr Moorhouse's list of contacts.

Whenever Wayne has has a hard day & Coleen fancies a bit of "light-bulb changing" , Moorhouse gives me a call. I go round and fiddle with Coleen's lightbulbs. I think she likes the fact that I'm called Colin & she's called Coleen.

Give the lass credit, she provides the step-ladder and the protection and she's always good for a £50 tip and the taxi fare home. Once she's had a shower to get rid of the perspiration she's as good as gold..

I think Fylde Coast Fan sums it up in hias post. There is also a possibility that the insurance cover on players forbid them to undertake certain tasks. IE Working at height. well you never know how high the ceiling is in a mansion.

Another fact to consider have the players the skills or inteligence to change a plug and with so many Johnny foreigners can they understand the instructions.

Guest Wen Y Hu
Got to admit I'm on Mr Moorhouse's list of contacts.

Whenever Wayne has has a hard day & Coleen fancies a bit of "light-bulb changing" , Moorhouse gives me a call. I go round and fiddle with Coleen's lightbulbs. I think she likes the fact that I'm called Colin & she's called Coleen.

Give the lass credit, she provides the step-ladder and the protection and she's always good for a £50 tip and the taxi fare home. Once she's had a shower to get rid of the perspiration she's as good as gold..

No wonder she's amused. Am I right in thinking "Colin" and "Coleen" are homophonic in scouse-talk? An endless source of mirth. Mind you, I'd be careful with how you phrase it with Coleen, though..

"Wayne! Wa-ayne! This Coliiin guy, he's sayin' me and him are, like, homophonic, like. He's disgustin', Wayne, disgustin'. What y' gonna do, Wayne, what y' gonna do? Y' gonna hit him, Wayne?"

Of course he's going to smack you one, Colin. What do you expect? And stop trying to nick off with those step-ladders stuffed inside your dirty old man's mac - the bulges are in the wrong place. Dead giveaway.

• 4 months later...

"Don't you know who I am ? I'm a millionaire," rages Marlon King.

Marlon-King_1632950.jpg

Wigan Athletic striker Marlon King has been at London's Southwark Crown Court this week, where he is accused of "sexually touching" a woman on her bottom and then breaking her nose by smashing her in the face at a nightclub. King apparently shouted at the woman: "Don't you know who I am? I'm a millionaire." What a charming man.

The alleged attack took place at the Soho Revue Bar last December. Roger Daniells-Smith, prosecuting, told jurors of King's alleged bottom groping: "It was neither welcome nor consensual, nor could he have thought that she was consenting to it. They were complete strangers to each other. It was not an accidental brushing, or innocent contact that occasionally happens in crowded bars. This was deliberate and sexual."

Mr Daniells-Smith said the woman left him in no doubt what she thought of his behaviour, firmly insisting: "Don't do that, it's not nice. Don't touch me." She had made it clear "his attention was unwelcome, not reciprocated and unacceptable".

King started to touch the woman again and once again, she told him to stop. King then yelled at her: "Don't you know who I am? I'm a millionaire. You're not even in my league."

King is accused of smashing the woman in the face with a clenched fist and breaking her nose with the blow. The barrister said: "It was a completely gratuitous piece of violence against a slightly-built female."

The Jamaican International striker was at the time on loan to Hull City. Six witnesses were called who identified Marlon King as the attacker.

If the alleged violent attack is proven in court it demonstrates yet again the sickening arrogance of some of our Premier League so-called "stars" who think they can do what they like and behave arrogantly because they are rich.

Earlier this year Spurs defender Ledley King was arrested after a drunken attack, telling a nightclub doorman: "I'm a rich guy. I'm a big star. I earn £80,000 a week - you earn £10 an hour. You are nothing on your £10-an-hour job."

Harry Redknapp condemned Ledley King's drunken behaviour and fined him two weeks wages. "Players have to set an example," said Redknapp.

At the moment the only example that some Premier League players are demonstrating is how to behave arrogantly and obnoxiously. They are vastly overpaid and they treat ordinary football fans with contempt. We are the ones who buy football tickets to help fund their lavish millionaire lifestyles and some of them then turn round and metaphorically spit in our faces.

LedleyKingAKS_450x300.jpg

Link Below:

Marlon King's alleged bottom groping and nose breaking

The groping he might have got away with, it would devolve into a he said, she said argument and he's be backed up by high dollar lawyers. The striking her with his fist in front of six witnesses means he's toast. A hefty monetary judgment in favor of his victim and a few years in prison reflecting on his former millions would be more than appropriate.

If he's going to get done for groping then we'd have a million arrests every Saturday night throughout the country. Lads grope girls all the time in clubs. It's nothing new really, is it?

Pretty rough groping when she ends up with a broken nose

If he's going to get done for groping then we'd have a million arrests every Saturday night throughout the country. Lads grope girls all the time in clubs. It's nothing new really, is it?

That doesn't make it acceptable though, does it? How would you like random people grabbing your bits (and this is not a joking matter).

Miss Roversmum got a waitresssing job at Wandsworth Palais last year, to help her fund her degree course. She worked in the VIP lounge and men were constantly touching and groping her, the management weren't interested and she ended up in tears and felt she had no choice but to quit. Just because a girl is attractive doesn't give men the right to grope her.

Wouldn't Smiffy's post have been better held back until the trial verdict was reached?

You would of thought so wouldnt you :rolleyes: He likes to preach though...his life must be so black & white and he must be such a well behaved person who never breaks a single law.

All I'm saying is that groping happens all the time in night clubs. As far as I'm concerned the moment you step into a night club you are entering a 'different' kind of area - one with high risks of certain things such as groping and fights happening.

What sort of clubs are you going to?! I go out most weekends and have done so for years now, and I can't say I've ever stepped in a club that fits the picture you're painting!

Reading between the lines, you said it was commonplace and there'd be loads of arrests if police prosecuted every time. I'd say what you were meaning there was that it's not worth taking it to court, so you're saying that victims should just accept it. so you did more or less say that it was acceptable.

It's never acceptable, and only complete ****holes who don't know where to draw the line do it.

You would of thought so wouldnt you :rolleyes: He likes to preach though...his life must be so black & white and he must be such a well behaved person who never breaks a single law.

I actually look forward Smiffy's posts, to be honest.

It's an entertaining read with more than a dusting of tabloid satire and a fat dollop of spin.

Most enjoyable. Keep them coming.

I actually look forward Smiffy's posts, to be honest.

It's nice to know I'm not disliked by everybody on here. I have a fan club of one person. :)

Wouldn't Smiffy's post have been better held back until the trial verdict was reached?

I'm sorry if you were upset or offended by my post or unduly concerned by the legality of it before a guilty verdict had been reached. However I outlined what was the Crown prosecution case against Marlon King and also stated that it was an alleged violent attack and it was alleged bottom groping.

I said that the case against King had not yet been proven in court, but that there were six witnesses in court who identified Marlon King as the attacker.

Roger Daniells-Smith, prosecuting, told jurors of King's alleged bottom groping:

The alleged attack took place at the Soho Revue Bar last December.

If the alleged violent attack is proven in court

Now that Mr King has been found guilty at Southwark Crown Court (The jury returning a unanimous guilty verdict against King) it is no longer an "alleged" attack, it is a proven attack. King has been found guilty of sexual assault and guilty of actual bodily harm.

I'm very pleased by the response today from Wigan's chairman Dave Whelan who rightly says that Marlon King will never play for his club again. It sickens me when people like Lee Hughes are welcomed back to football with open arms after serving prison sentences for serious crimes.

David Whelan said: "It sets such a bad example for any youngster coming through who wants to be a professional footballer." Indeed. Sadly there are clubs like Oldham and Notts County who think that it's acceptable to employ Lee Hughes after he was found guilty of causing death by dangerous driving,.

Unfortunately I strongly suspect that another club will offer Marlon King the opportunity to play professional football again when he is released from prison, but fortunately it won't be with Wigan and hopefully it won't be at another top flight club. If a lower league club decides to employ a revolting man like King who thought it was acceptable to grope and punch a woman in the face, then shame on that football club.

I would hope that there aren't too many Rovers fans on here who would want a man like King to sign for our club in the future. It's bad enough having the disgusting El-Hadji Diouf on the payroll - a man who thinks it's okay to spit in people's faces. I certainly wouldn't want to have a man like King who thinks it's okay to punch women in the face with a clenched fist and break their nose.

Marlon King is a despicable obnoxious creature and a disgrace to football. He's an abhorrent character with a disgusting attitude towards women. Sadly such arrogant attitudes from pig-headed brutes like King seem to be rather too prevalent in our sick society these days.

It's nice to know I'm not disliked by everybody on here. I have a fan club of one person. :)

Marlon King is a despicable obnoxious creature and a disgrace to football. He's an abhorrent character with a disgusting attitude towards women. Sadly such arrogant attitudes from pig-headed brutes like King seem to be rather too prevalent in our sick society these days.

You obviously don't believe in rehabilitation then... :rolleyes:

Having gone back over your posts on this thread alone, I'm glad I don't live in your world. Your posts suggest you are the most judgemental person I have ever read posts from...

JHC that's some venom. I agree with you, with the proviso that it probably applies to most high faluting footballers

Good job he's black though or you'd be stymied.

It wouldn't quite give you the same erection that you get from your posts if the villans were white.

I think anyone who banjo's a woman is the lowest of the low, skin colour is irrelevant.

It sounds like someone couldn't handle the blow to their ego. In fact to respond like that, it must be a blimp-sized ego.

And this is someone who's stopped off at such footballing notaries as Gilligham, Hull and Watford. I'd imagine that he gets paid so much he doesn't realise he's a nobody. To be mediocre at what you do and be so greatly rewarded would distort anyone's sense of reality.

Things like this can really make me fed up with football. It's been monetarised to the extent that it's grotesque. I guess it's the free market world we live in, but that doesn't make it right.

Archived