BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boxing Thread

Hatton would be too strong for Pacqiauo or Diaz. Hatton - Pacquiao would be one hell of a tear up though. It'd be interesting to see if Ricky can tempt some of the smaller guys to step up with the increased status he has after fighting PBF.

Pacman is probably one of the few fighters with more supporters than Hatton. That would be one hell of an atmosphere. Would be interesting to see how he would take the step up in weight. Like you say - Hatton would probably be too strong for him - in a similar way to PBF being too strong for Ricky. I think Pacman would need a couple of fights at LWW first. I'd love Hatton to have one final crack at Mayweather in Manchester - and as shown by the WWE thing - that man will do anything for Money.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone watch Klitshko and Ibragimov? I'm glad I didn't stay up for it and only watched the replay.

Klitshko should be awesome - but he's scared to get hit. Felt sorry for Ibragimov - he couldn't get close to Wlad.

Duddy's fight on the undercard was good - but Pavlik would Murder him.

Protect your face!!!

Just finished watching Klitschko - Ibragimov. I personally thought the commentators were a bit harsh on Klitschko. It was a virtual shut out, if the fight had been at any weight other than heavyweight they'd have been talking about it being a technical masterclass. The long rangy left jab was impressively used, he could have gone forward more no doubt, but I thought it was a good performance from Klitschko. Hopefully he'll now get the winner of Peter - Maskaev and maybe Chagaev down the line.

Fight of the night was definitely Duddy - Smichet. I really like Duddy, he's very exciting and the guy has a chin like Rocky. I was pleased he won in order to keep the shot at Pavlik on the horizon. If he's to stand any chance in that one he'll need to adapt his style - if he tries going toe to toe with Pavlik he'll get KTFO - and quickly.

Klitschko - Ibragimov was a bit of a dissapointment in the end. Fair enough the jab was working really for vladimir but ibragimov didnt seem to have any answer to it. Maybe as the rounds were drifting away he needed to change tactics but didnt seem to have any answers. Just hope that whoever gets in next with klitschlo manages to get closer and see if he still has the bottle to stand and fight.

Duddy will be in serious trouble if he stands in front of pavlik like that last night. Great entertainment though from 2 guys willing to give it a go. Makes the scoring a bit of a farce when 1 can score a draw and the other 2 by 6 rounds :rolleyes:

Christ. Even by Holyfield's standards that is beyond ridiculous.

It really saddens me to see once great fighters going on for longer than they should. Even the Greatest of all time did it. Any one of the top 20 HW's in the World would beat both these guys, which says a lot in a terrible division.

Christ. Even by Holyfield's standards that is beyond ridiculous.

It really saddens me to see once great fighters going on for longer than they should. Even the Greatest of all time did it. Any one of the top 20 HW's in the World would beat both these guys, which says a lot in a terrible division.

I'd be more interested in this fight than watching ANYONE in the heavyweight division at the moment. Can you imagine Wlad "I'm scared to get punched" Klitshko against a young swarming Tyson? The fact that the best in the heavyweight division now is a big girl doesn't say a lot for the division. Obviously I wouldn't say that to his face :lol:

I'd be more interested in this fight than watching ANYONE in the heavyweight division at the moment. Can you imagine Wlad "I'm scared to get punched" Klitshko against a young swarming Tyson? The fact that the best in the heavyweight division now is a big girl doesn't say a lot for the division. Obviously I wouldn't say that to his face :lol:

Only because you would have battered him silly and he wouldn't be able to hear you properly.

I can't go along with that mate. Wlad was very cautious against Ibragimov, but as long as he was dominating there was no need to risk anything. As I've said before I thought the commentators were hard on him - if he's recklessly gone forward in the later rounds and got knocked out they'd have ripped him a new one and rightly so. Ibragimov didn't do anything to force him to change, and at the end of the day it was all about winning.

I do like Klitschko, I'd love to see him against David Haye at some point down the line.

Tyson - Holyfield just does nothing for me. I honestly don't think I'd watch it.

i hear theres rumours of mrs tyson and holyfield having a 3rd rematch.

no doubt they are 2 legends of the ring, but this is just a money spinner of 2 "past it" boxers if it went ahead.

tyson is 42, retired and in serious debt apparently. holyfield is still boxing but is chasing an impossible dream to win the belts again at 45 years old imo.

I am a bit biased though T4E. Tyson is one of my all-time favourite boxers, his early years were spectacular.

As for Wlad - it was quite obvious with a couple of combinations he could have knocked Ibragimov out. A couple of times he had him in real trouble, but then would start jabbing and pawing for a few minutes, when he could have gone for the kill. The heavyweight champion of the world should not be afraid to get hit. Don't get me wrong, Wlad is a talented boxer and a genuinely nice guy. He does a lot of work for charity and I've a lot of time for him. My problem is that he could be brilliant, but feel that his fear of getting hit will stop him ever reaching the level he should.

The heavyweight division needs David Haye - lets just hope he beats Enzo.

There is some fantastic footage of Undefeated here.

Mayweather - Dirty Tactics

The following acts shall not be permitted during a Contest:-

hitting below the belt:

using the “pivot blow”:

hitting on the back of the head or neck:

kidney punching;

hitting with the open glove, the inside, or the butt or the back of the hand, or with the wrist or elbow;

holding, butting, or careless use of the head, shouldering, wrestling or roughing:

not trying;

persistently ducking below the waistline;

3.38.1 In any of the above cases the Referee shall name the Boxer at fault and call upon him to desist and may in his sole discretion have the power to caution or disqualify a Boxer for any such act with or without reference to any medical opinion.

3.38.2 A Referee may also deduct points from a Boxer’s score for breaches of these rules. He should indicate this to the Boxer, his corner and to the Steward in Charge or the Area Representative present by pointing to the offender, raising a finger or fingers to indicate the number of points deducted and call out the reason for the penalty

The videos quite clearly show Floyd using his elbows excessively and ducking below the waste-line constantly. Ricky had a point deducted for a rabbit punch - when the only one who landed a clear rabbit punch was Floyd. After watching those videos, it really makes me wonder how the fight would have ended up if it had been in this country with a non-biased referee.

snap016am9.jpg

Oh dear. Ricky got soundly beaten, nothing to do with Cortez. Yes, he was way too picky, but Hatton deservedly lost. Lets not get all English about it.

I think Haye is going up to HW whatever happens vs Macca. I dont think Enzo could step up, so Haye losing may not be the worst thing for British boxing.

The next few weekends will be fantastic, we've got Macca-Haye on 8th March, Pacquiao-Marquez on 15th March, Junior Witter and Gavin Rees in action on 22nd and Carl Froch on 29th! All before Woods-Tarver, Calzagher-Hopkins and Cotto-Gomez in April. Throw in UFC 82 feat. Silva-Henderson this weekend and UFC 83 Serra-GSP next month and its a great time to be a fan of combat sports.

Lets just hope Tyson and Holyfield don't get the chance to muddy the waters....

Oh dear. Ricky got soundly beaten, nothing to do with Cortez. Yes, he was way too picky, but Hatton deservedly lost. Lets not get all English about it.

I agree with you on March and April being very exciting or boxing - but I have to disagree with the result having nothing to do with Cortez.

The more I watch that fight, and the more I see the things Floyd got away with, the more I think Ricky could have won.

Ducking below the waist is illegal. He did it constantly - yet was never warned. Those videos show Floyd was hitting and holding, and the amount of times Cortez broke the fight up when Ricky was on the attack was daft.

ANYWAY, I'll try not to mention this fight again - I'd just love Ricky to have one more chance against him. The fact Mayweather will fight the Bigshow, shows he'll do anything if the money is right - so I think it could happen.

Who do you want to win out of Haye/Enzo T4E?

ANYWAY, I'll try not to mention this fight again - I'd just love Ricky to have one more chance against him. The fact Mayweather will fight the Bigshow, shows he'll do anything if the money is right - so I think it could happen.

I would too, and I think Ricky would have a chance at 140. I'd love to think Mayweather would agree to that.

I really am not sure on Macca-Haye, I'm a big fan of both. I've got a feeling Maccarinelli will win, as I really don't trust Haye's chin. The great thing about it is genuinely anything could happen. Either could win in the first round, either could win on points. I think the longer it goes on the more likely Enzo is to win.

The best thing about it is that its on Setanta Sports 1 and not PPV!

And yourself?

And yourself?

It could be a classic. I want Haye to win myself - I just like his style - think he's good to watch.

They're both big hitters, so I think it'll be a knock-out win inside 6 rounds for Haye, but you're right the longer it goes on the more you'd have to start to fancy Enzo. Having said that Enzo has the power to knock Haye out - so it could quite easily be a knock-out win for him.

Also looking forward to watching Kevin Mitchell on the undercard.

Pavlik and Duddy is off - due to the cuts Duddy sustained in his last fight.

Thats a shame, although it will be worth waiting for. Not surprising though, Duddy was a mess.

I wonder if Pavlik will get a Summer fight anyway. Perhaps Arthur Abraham or Felix Strum.

I agree with you on March and April being very exciting or boxing - but I have to disagree with the result having nothing to do with Cortez.

The more I watch that fight, and the more I see the things Floyd got away with, the more I think Ricky could have won.

Ducking below the waist is illegal. He did it constantly - yet was never warned. Those videos show Floyd was hitting and holding, and the amount of times Cortez broke the fight up when Ricky was on the attack was daft.

I think Cortez ruined the chance of the fight being one of the best boxing matches in the past 20 years or so by constantly breaking. If he let the event flow then the two fighters would have been at their best. Hatton would have been able to show his skills by being up close and in his face and Mayweather would have shown why he's ranked number 1 P4P by using his speed and defensive abilities. Instead all we saw was Hatton being denied the chance to fight his fight and Mayweather getting the advantage over a frustrated Hatton.

I'm sure if Hatton v Mayweather happened with Mickey Vann then it would have been a different story :P

Maybe we could do a first in boxing history and have a boxing tag match.

Mayweather & Cortez VERSES Hatton & Vann

:D

Did anyone watch Friday Fight Night on SkySports? It was the first time I've ever seen Paul 'Chuckles' Appleby fight. He's a 20 year old featherweight - and he's won himself a new fan. Great to watch - still quite raw - but an aggressive young fighter with a great future I think.

Archived