BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boxing Thread

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
more or less said he wasnt hurt and he would of won if the ref hadnt stopped it .

Earl must be joking, ref could have stepped in at any point in that barrage, he was in no position to defend himself

and i wanted earl to win, but kahn just got the shots off so well

1st fight on sky box office was a cracker, both men deserved the congratulations

cant really get into the 2nd fight - some guy called hot stuff against portman and its not as good

NO,YOU CANT :angry2: :angry2:

:D My mate and I are gonna text each other before the fight begins to make sure we are both up. If one doesn't reply then we've gotta ring the other.

How the hell I used to stay up till 7am playing computer games i'll never know. Old age is settling in! :(

When I have watched fight from the U.S before even if the undercard fights finnish inside the distance they seem to pad it out untill about 4.am for the main fight.

Went out Sat night to see if any pubs were showing the fight the ones I went in weren't and I was told the Infirmary was charging £5 to get in to watch it.

So back home with a few cans ready to watch it.

I'm still up, i'm outta pizza. No drink left and I got promoted with Sheffield United on Football Manager and yet i'm still having to wait for the main event.

This fight is so god damn boring.

I would have thought Jeff Lacy would have spanked Manfredo's bum left right and centre going by his pre-Calzaghe fight reputation and after Manfredo's poor performance against Joe. Unfortunately for the entire world, he's hasn't.

Hard luck for Hatton, tried his best tonight, although he wasn't helped by the referee who seemed to want to break the fighters apart as soon as they got close and what was the point deduction for, Hatton hit the rope not the back of Maywheathers head

In true British style you couldn't question Rickys heart but he just wasnt good enough. He took a hell of a lot of decent shots and kept coming forward. Every time he was stunned he'd grab Mayweather and then as soon as the ref split them he'd lunge at him again.

Even at the end he was out completely and would probably still have tried to carry on. I was pleased to see the towel come in from his corner just as he was going down the final time. Mayweather was just too good but in order to find out if you're the best you have to fight the best.

After watching the likes of Fraudley fight bum after bum it's good to see British fighters challenging themselves against the best in the world. The last few weeks have been a throwback to the mid 90's era of boxing instead of the slum it found itself in during the turn of the century.

Just time to see if Dylan Thomas can restore some European pride in the Hong Kong vase then off to bed. Got to go the pub in under 6 hours for the game!

Fair play to Hatton for having the courage to persist but he was taking far too many head punches in the end.Beaten fare and square by a technically superior boxer in the end....I thought Mayweather was a class act.

As for booing their national anthem.....once again the good 'owd English show they are second to none at making complete knobs of themselves sometimes! :(

Yeah I thought the booing of the anthem was poor and uncalled for, can't understand the point of it and whatever the intention it shows a complete lack of respect.

As for the fight I really enjoyed it despite the referee, but as much as I was on my feet wanting Ricky to do it, the longer it went on the more you could see what was coming. Mayweather was amazing, outstanding defence, outstanding speed and just far too good in the end.

Archived