BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boxing Thread

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the yanks will probably avoid Calzaghe and Hatton as they tend to be postering cowards too afraid to even fight outside the USA. That gobshite Mayweather will probably chuck insults at Ricky from the safety of 1000 miles, and fight the other Americans, Mexicans etc. he knows he can beat. Calzaghe won't make it big, as the real big names will either say he's not big enough, just like the bad tempered ladybird. Joe's had to fight crappy guys for so long because the big name yanks are either too insular or scared to take him on.

• 1 month later...
"Ricky Hatton aint nothing but a fat man" says Floyd Mayweather.

Could be interesting

It's easy to shout your mouth off when your 'retiring'. Would obviously be a bit of needle if it happened.

Good to see this fight now has a chance of coming off (in boxing it's only ever a chance until they step in the ring nowadays.)

There's very, very few fights that anyone really cares about but Hatton V Mayweather is one of the few.

I know it's all hype but despite being 5 months off it's already building up nicely.

Mayweather / Billy Graham opinions

Hatton hits back

Just hope I can find a late night pub showing it.

I hope he punches a hole in Mayweather's chest. God that man is a vile mouthy tosspot. I'm no expert on boxing, but I do like it, and I have a feeling it'll be like Chalzaghe vs. Lacey. Saw the Mayweather, De La Hoya fight, and Floyd fought more like his alcoholic cooking namesake. For a fighter who was supposed to be a great he did a lot of runing away.

Good to see this fight now has a chance of coming off (in boxing it's only ever a chance until they step in the ring nowadays.)

There's very, very few fights that anyone really cares about but Hatton V Mayweather is one of the few.

I know it's all hype but despite being 5 months off it's already building up nicely.

Mayweather / Billy Graham opinions

Hatton hits back

Just hope I can find a late night pub showing it.

Excellent,

I'm moving to the states late september so even though getting a ticket is going to be a pain (if nigh on impossible) I think that weekend has now been earmarked for a sly trip to Vegas! :D

Floyd Mayweather is 10 times the fighter Jeff Lacey was (and he was pretty good) - Hatton winning this fight would have a far bigger impact than Calzaghe's win over Lacey.

A win would make Ricky legit one of the greatest of all time. De La Hoya took Floyd close and he's well past his best. Hatton is at his peak. I really fancy his chances.

Do the people posting on this thread only watch 'big' fights or do you watch itv fight night and sky sports fights?

I only watch big fights to be fair. Like a lot of people I became disillusioned by the lack of profile given to british fighters after Frank Warren moved his fighters from ITV sport to Sky around the late 90's and began charging around £10 a fight for big fights.

I'm mostly a watcher of the big fights, although I tend to sit through the whole card rather than just the main event.

Which reminds me - when is Jermain Taylor - Kelly Pavlik happening? I'm sure I read somewhere it was signed but I havent seen a date.

ricky gets a right slating on one US boxing forum I go on. I've not seen an American have a good word for him.

I hope Ricky dishes out a right pasting.

Not even in the last fight did they, all the talk was of a poor display by castillo rather than anything good about RH. That's OK, the lower profile the better when he knocks out that dispicable little man Mayweather. To think, I used to like him but what a tosser he's become. Great fighter all the same.

I'm mostly a watcher of the big fights, although I tend to sit through the whole card rather than just the main event.

Which reminds me - when is Jermain Taylor - Kelly Pavlik happening? I'm sure I read somewhere it was signed but I havent seen a date.

I think its late september, but im not 100% sure! I think its the last weekend of the month

I think its late september, but im not 100% sure! I think its the last weekend of the month

September 29th according to Wiki.

Should be interesting, Taylor looked terrible against Spinks, Pavlik was fantastic on the same card.

It would just be Joe's luck for Pavlik to win and deny him crack at Taylor after he beats Kessler.

• 3 weeks later...

Read a letter on teletext saying Floyd Mayweather is appearing on some dancing TV show before the Hatton fight, presumably 'Dancing with the Stars' in the middle of the build up. What an arrogant tosser. However, it'll be great ashe'll be unprepared for Ricky, who'll be training harder than ever.

I am really counting on Ricky to put that ____ into retirement. That would be superb.

Found a link about the dancing.

Debs has very kindly allowed me to go to this one at the expense of our European adventures, well maybe not, we'll see :D

Gutted to hear today that the Hatton camp has only been given 3900 tickets :(

Regardless we'll go out there and enjoy the atmosphere, although the prospect of being surrounded by thousands of gobby city fans doesn't exactly fill me with joy. Would have been unbearable if they'd beaten us, but they didn't.......

This is a super fight in every sense of the word; you just don't get fights of this magnitude any more. I'd put this up there with Hagler/Hearns myself, a real super fight just like in years gone by, and lets hope Ricky can do the business, but he'll have his work cut out this time out I feel.

This is a super fight in every sense of the word; you just don't get fights of this magnitude any more. I'd put this up there with Hagler/Hearns myself, a real super fight just like in years gone by, and lets hope Ricky can do the business, but he'll have his work cut out this time out I feel.

You're not wrong. As much as I don't like Mayweather, he should be applauded for taking on De La Hoya and Hatton in the space of 7 months.

Anyone watch Junior Witter on Friday night? He was very impressive, not a big fan of his attitude either though. Hatton is ducking him?! Do me a favour. Would be nice to see Ricky put that right once he knocks off Mayweather.

You're not wrong. As much as I don't like Mayweather, he should be applauded for taking on De La Hoya and Hatton in the space of 7 months.

Anyone watch Junior Witter on Friday night? He was very impressive, not a big fan of his attitude either though. Hatton is ducking him?! Do me a favour. Would be nice to see Ricky put that right once he knocks off Mayweather.

No reason for Hatton to fight Witter really, junior fancies a decent pay day and is trying to make money of Hattons name. It would be a decent British fight but I'd not bother if I was hatton.

USA Blue, you coming to Vegas for this one?

Archived