BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boxing Thread

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a yearly thing by Accrington Lions. At least 10 amateur fights - and a meal. Bow tie do for £30. It ain't bad, but I don't think there will be any tickets now. Get mine off father in Law. Amir Khan was there last year watching his brother fight (he won).

A decent do.

Im confident Mayweather will win this fight, he knows what he's up against and knows what he has to do. Collazo caused Ricky a tonne of problems when he boxed behind the jab and moved, Ricky looked foolish diving in sometimes. Mayweather has the discipline to do that for 12 rounds, but Hatton will have his moments because he's in the shape of his life and undoubtedly better than he was against Collazo. Should be a good fight, i think the two fighters styles will blend well.

Im confident Mayweather will win this fight, he knows what he's up against and knows what he has to do. Collazo caused Ricky a tonne of problems when he boxed behind the jab and moved, Ricky looked foolish diving in sometimes. Mayweather has the discipline to do that for 12 rounds, but Hatton will have his moments because he's in the shape of his life and undoubtedly better than he was against Collazo. Should be a good fight, i think the two fighters styles will blend well.

You can't compare this fight to Collazo. Ricky had 5 and a half weeks to prepare for that - and against a South-paw. Didn't Ricky have flu as well? I've also read that after the weigh in Ricky ate lots of Fried food etc to gain extra weight - but this left him sluggish. Kerry Kayes will make sure he doesn't do that again.

9 of us flying out tomorrow, just weighing up if £500 for a seat in the gods is actually worth it :wacko: or just stick with the 10k seater live screening?

As for the fight itself I think Hatton will struggle if he doesn't win in the early stages. Mayweather is technically brilliant and will get on his bike after round 5 and look classy doing it. I don't think Mayweather has a hope in hell of knocking Hatton out; his last knockout win was 1999.

The words coming out of Hatton’s gym are extremely encouraging also, so time will tell.

Anyone watching the Mayweather v Hatton 24/7 programme on Sky Sports?

Make sure you catch it if you can, it's brilliant stuff!

Yeah watching it now. Really good insight into them. Makes Mayweather look like a right plank...not that we did not know that anyway.

Really looking forward to this. Hatton is 6/4 to win outright so fancy a bit of a flutter. Will be watching it in a bar in Harrogate who have confirmed they will be showing it so it will be out of the club and into the pub which I have never done before.

Yeah watching it now. Really good insight into them. Makes Mayweather look like a right plank...not that we did not know that anyway.

Really looking forward to this. Hatton is 6/4 to win outright so fancy a bit of a flutter. Will be watching it in a bar in Harrogate who have confirmed they will be showing it so it will be out of the club and into the pub which I have never done before.

You should get on betfair - he's just over 2/1 Jordan.

I'm amazed at how popular this fight is. Asking around to see if people want to go out and then back to mine after for the fight and people are just coming for the fight on it's own. Hoping to get 15 people in to make it £1 each.

I'm amazed at how popular this fight is. Asking around to see if people want to go out and then back to mine after for the fight and people are just coming for the fight on it's own. Hoping to get 15 people in to make it £1 each.

That's because in boxing circles there is nothing better than beating a mouthy Yank.

richards mum reckons a 7th round win for the lion heart!!

I find that hard to imagine.

You'd have to think that Mayweather has next to no chance of knocking Ricky out. I'd say Ricky has a decent chance of finishing him, but once it gets past the 6th it will become harder and harder. At the point Mayweather may start to pull away.

Ricky's gotta get his licks in early.

I'm not really a big boxing fan but I like Hatton. He seems like a good lad with an honest no nonsense, no bullsh*t style. Mayweather on the other hand is a hugely unpleasant person by all accounts. With any luck Hatton can bring some nasty Manchester attitude to the ring and make the preposterous little man eat his own teeth.

And so the day is upon us. Got to say I've never been more excited about a boxing match before, just hope I manage to stay awake. Ricky can become a legend if he wins tonight, but it aint going to be easy. C'mon Ricky!!

Excited by this one too, and I am a huge fan of boxing. All the build up on HBO here has been good, I am actually going to pay for this fight. I swore off paying for another fight after Tyson took a chink out of Holyfields ear and I have refused to do so till now. I simply must watch this one

My take, Ricky is not going to be quite good enough. I hate Mayweather with a passion have for a long time but through all that he is one hell of a fighter. I used to like him but since he let it all go to his head I went seriously off him, I was hoping DelaHoya would do the biz but he did not. I hope with all my heart Ricky can knock this punk out, if it goes to the cards you can count on the Vegas scoring system to guarantee Pretty Boy the win.

Watch for the lopsided seperating from the ref, watch for the ref to physically push Hatton out of clinches, using up more of his energy, that will tell you early on how the fight is "supposed" to go.

Come on Ricky take this arrogant lil piece of shiite out tonight. I'd love to see Hatton stop him with one of his famous body shots.

Archived