BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not just the cut scenes, its during the game, just a little bit jittery but for quite a bit of the time but you do get a lot occasionally, i wouldn't be bothered if it was just cut scenes but anyway it is quite annoying to begin with but after playing it for quite a while iv got used to it although its still noticeable, ya'll see what i mean when ya get, saying that i could just hav a rubbish tv

but....

the gameplay is better than last year, keepers aren't invincible anymore on crosses, throughballs are better, quick free kicks are good, and i actually think the diving has been done quite well, its almost impossible to get away with it, i haven't yet, so it should stop people doing it all the time, and it would actually take a lot of skill to time it right..anywhos without the slowdown, it would be awesome, but even with it, ya get used to it and its still better than fifa

o and more importantly..Rovers aren't completely underrated on it anymore

PS anyone got tips on how to reduce slowdown??

I've heard making sure it is saved to the HD seems to help makes it less noticable. Apparently taking off features such as commentary might help a bit, but I don't know if that is true or not.

The least buggered stadiums seem to be the San Siro and uhh, the Konami one I believe.

Is there any chance they would fix this in a patch or would they have to release the game again if they make too much of a loss because of the slowdown?

Does anyone know where I will be able to find the Updated files (i.e. for the proper kits etc..) I will be playing the game on the PS3, do i just look on Playstation Home, or is it available on the internet and then i'll transfer it using my USB pen drive.

Also, how do you save games to your Hard Drive on the PS3?

If I do get the file on the internet, where do i transfer it to on the PS3?

Does anyone know where I will be able to find the Updated files (i.e. for the proper kits etc..) I will be playing the game on the PS3, do i just look on Playstation Home, or is it available on the internet and then i'll transfer it using my USB pen drive.

I'll try and answer this, although I might have got it wrong but here goes..

You can find the option file on the internet, not on the PSN as the files are not made by Konami. Just download it (a few mb normally) and save it to a usb stick. Then you should be able to plug the stick into the PS3 and take it out, although I think that Cocker and co. can probably explain it more detailed than that, I am not totally sure how it is done myself.

Looked at some videos of PES08 on youtube and I can't see any slowdown in matches on there at all...

Haven't noticed any slow downs during play on the 360 version as yet. Same slow down as in Pes6 occur during replays and cut scenes though. I always skip those anyway.

Grpahically I think it looks sharper than Fifa but the play face models look very ugly. They could have done so much more. I think this will be great with option files to make kits look decent.

Gameplay is good, need to get back into PES mode from playing Fifa for weeks.

Anyway, sacked that off for now to download the Guitar Hero 3 demo on marketplace.

For those asking about the option file:-

Its important to remember that the OPTION file is not a patch. A patch is something that changes the elements of a game or makes it better. Nor is it an add on. Its just changing the options inside the game (which is a clever way for Konami to save their cash because its not them making changes to the kit but the user) So, given this all you are doing in effect is loading some else's saved game to your console.

PS2 - You WILL need the Max drive if you are downloading this from the net to your pc. The file it downloads needs to be translated into a file that the PS2 memory card can read - note, when PES loads at the start it says each time - loading option file. Failing this you stick your mates memory card who has it on his and copy it to yours - there are places on the net that let you send them your memory card and they will stick it on for you - at a charge of course

PS3 - As the PS3 doesn't use a memory card like the PS2, you will need to just download this and stick it with your other saves - I am guessing here because I haven't got the option file or game yet - it does seem the most logical though. As I have said previously, you do this with a memory stick or wirelessly from your pc to your ps3.

360 - I have no idea because I don't have a 360 and no idea if you save it to the HD or not - Biddy may be able to confirm

As said previously in the thread Kamy is normaly first to find the links to these although I spend most of my time on the tinterweb and each year aim to pip him to it but always fail

ok what i didn't realise, because its my flatmates ps3, was that we were using the standard cable into the tv and it wasn't til he said wel we could try the better one that we actually did and....i think it helped quite a bit, either that or im used to it now, but it seemed to help sooo jobs a good un :tu:

Guest Kamy100

Waiting for Royal Mail to deliver my copy.

My friend has the PS3 version and has told me that if you play on wide cam and switch off stadium effects then there is no slowdown whatsoever. You also need to install on the hard drive, he said even with stadium effects there is very minimal slowdown in the vast majority of stadiums.

PS2 option file is deffo out tomorrow. PS3 should also be out but unfortunately no news on a 360 one.

LOL Cocker, this year i'll let you post the links!!!

Guest Kamy100

Totally agree Biddy that a next gen game shouldn't have these issues, it just shouldn't happen and Konami need to get it sorted, hopefully they will release a patch through Xbox Live and PSN.

It's a pretty poor state of affairs that you should have to turn anything off on what are meant to be next-gen consoles.

Yes, and its even worse than that for you. At least me and Kamy can make a burger on our George forman when we have it switched off :lol:

YAY means just been delivered. See you guys in 12 months!!

I reckon I am going to get home and there will be a little green card behind the door telling me to pick it up tomorrow

I am getting a server busy error at the moment - click

Makes me wonder if they have the option file up there (Kamy, I am counting this as me finding it if its in there :rolleyes: )

Guest Kamy100

LOL Cocker i'll give you that if they have put it up there.

Right here is my quick review thus far.

I loaded the game and installed it onto my hard drive, it takes about 5 mins to do this. I then exited the game and restarted it.

First of all I guess i better talk about slowdown, I used the wide cam and have to say that during general gameplay there was little/no slowdown, hardly noticeable and deffo does not interfere with the gameplay. Replays though are very choppy. But the most important thing is that slowdown during the gameplay is hardly noticeable.

I have a tradition of playing the international cup as England with every PES that i get. I have started the cup and played 4 matches and I have to say that I am very impressed with the gameplay. Player animation is superb and the gameplay is superb, they have taken gameplay up another notch and that for me is the most important factor. Animations are also good. Even though they are slightly choppy I love the new cut scenes (when you give a penalty, foul or when you score) it makes the game feel authentic. i scored a last minute winner against Ivory Coast and the players rushed of to the bench and celebrated with all the subs and coaches.

AI is also been turned up a notch. Computer controlled teams are much cleverer and they try different things to break you down or to stop you from playing. Goalkeepers are again fine, especially Cech who was very hard to beat and made several breath taking saves.

The other thing that I am very impressed with is the way individual players react, for example Koller is very strong and very hard to knock of the ball, Ronaldo constantly ran at my defence and used tricks and even dived, but the referee spotted it and gave him a yellow card!!

Commentary is also much better this year, John Champion is very good, really adds to the experience. Lawro is less impressive, seems very scripted but still better than Trevor Brooking.

Overall I am loving the game, the gameplay is superb and I look forward to playing some of you guys via PSN.

FIFA is very good this year but in just 4 games I have seen why every year I always end up spending hours and hours playing PES. For me graphics etc are not as important having rock solid gameplay and again this year in my opinion PES delivers big time on this front.

I would give the game 8/10. It loses 2 marks because of the choppy replays and even though the slowdown is very minimal it does still have it and on a next gen machine that is not acceptable.

My PC copy arrived today, loving it :D

But I can't seem to go online, I created a user but then it just says error - not sure if it's just too busy. But the DVD has an option on the menu to check for a new version which it says there is one (one point being the update is needed for online play). But if I click the link I can't find anything about an updated version!

Archived