BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

Guest Kamy100

The 1 player gameplay is very good but the problem is that I always play Pro Evo online and since it's launch I haven't yet had a online game which was free of slowdown and player teleporting all over the place, I have a 10MB connection and never ever had any problems with any other game whilist playing online. In the end I have given up.

FIFA this year is much better, particularly playing online. It is much more of a simulation. Agree that the reaction times could be better, although they have significantly improved after the 1.1 patch. The Be A Pro Mode online is superb and is the way forward.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How the feck do you defend on PEs. Especially online. The old square and X combination just doesnt work on this.

You will find that most things that used to work on it dont anymore (I am thankfull I still have the PS2 one)

I went and traded Pro Evo in today. Managed to get £25 from Gamestation!!

The latest patch did not sort out the online play, for me that is unacceptable.

To be fair to Seabass (game producers) he has admitted that PES2008 falls short and apologised, more worryingly he has said that it is going to take him 2 years to sort it out. That mean PES2009 is likely also to be rubbish, the problem they have is FIFA improves again next year then that could spell the end of the Pro Evo series.

TWENTY FIVE QUID Which Gamestation???

• 2 weeks later...

Had the craziest game before. Using Blackburn v Newcastle played a bloke who designed his own formation which was a killer. Was a fairly even game but somehow he just did a long ball towards the corner which completely cut out my defense and left him 1 on 1 everyime. He only had about 8 shots and less possession but won 7-0. Mental. Ps Blackburns defense is useless on pes!

Had the craziest game before. Using Blackburn v Newcastle played a bloke who designed his own formation which was a killer. Was a fairly even game but somehow he just did a long ball towards the corner which completely cut out my defense and left him 1 on 1 everyime. He only had about 8 shots and less possession but won 7-0. Mental. Ps Blackburns defense is useless on pes!

Think Ive played the same guy, I got battered 8-1 off Newcastle a few weeks ago

Guest Kamy100

If you are getting it on PS3 or 360 then in my opinion I would not recommend it. The offline gameplay is good but online the game is still not working, you get matches where your players teleport all over the place. Also on the PS3 and 360 you cannot edit the kits. The PS2 version on the other hand you have full editing abilities and the gameplay is also very good.

Guest Kamy100

This year FIFA is superb, you can see that EA have put a lot of effort into it and have listened to what the fans wanted so full credit to them. Unfortunately Pro Evo has gone backwards, virtually no innovation, online play totally not working and they have somehow managed to make it worse than last year.

This year FIFA is superb, you can see that EA have put a lot of effort into it and have listened to what the fans wanted so full credit to them. .

To be fair I hate fifa in normal camera setting - Its probably just me but I cant seem to pass on it at all. Changing the camera to be a pro changes it totally for me. Enjoy it much more. I just hope that future releases have the option in.

Guest Kamy100

You must be lucky, a big majority of people on the 360 version and pretty much everyone on the PS3 cannot play this game online. It can't be me conenction as I have a 10MB connection and I have no problems playing any other game online.

I can't understand why you all have trouble online. I have a poor connection shared between 3 different computers yet play online fine, the occasional jutter or twitch but hardly gamebreaking.

Its probably murder for your opponent though. Does anyone have any tips on defending? I concede like 4 goals a game. Just cant make a tackle, whilst opponents tackle me left right and centre, even when there behind me. Drives me mad!!

I have just got this on the PC and it is superb! Very good, no slowdown, outstanding graphics. I really like it, I think the ball physics are much better and it plays even more like real footie.

Big question for me is if anyone has facepacks for Rovers (and the rest of the Prem)? Ooijer, I guess due to being a Dutch international, has a good likeness, and Reid, Cruz and Benni are all acceptable. However Pedersen, Bentley, Dunn, Nelsen, Tugay, Samba etc. all look nothing like the real players!

Not really that big a deal but it would be useful, due to the HD graphics it;s a lot more noticible than before. When I have looked on the net the faces I have found all seem to be for the big European clubs. I am much more interested in the 20 Premiership teams....

Sorry to here they ballsed it up on the next gen consoles.

Guest Kamy100

I am thinking of getting the PC version as have heard that it is excellent.

Below is a link to a patch which will update the PC version with:

PES 2008 English Premierleague Patch 2008 - PC

Τhis version of the patch contains:

-All English Teams

-Kits for all teams!

-HD Logos

-New Backgrounds

-Full Kitserver Support

-Scoreboard of PlaManU

-Doesn't remove any other patches!

-AUTOMATICATED INSTALLATION WITH INSTALLER!*

LINK: http://rapidshare.com/files/92828480/Setup..._Patch_2008.exe

Pictures:

http://anebaseto.com/viewer.php?file=5vq5p...g1ef6pi0gqv.jpg

http://anebaseto.com/viewer.php?file=ra7t4...m393xz7n2pk.jpg

If your pc is fast enough to play it PES is ace on pc. Ive got a pimped out pes6 on pc, and bought some usb playstation controllers for it. Only thing is can play online, if I could id sack of ps3 version tomorrow.

I have finally made a decision, and a lot of it is down to what some of you guys have said on here.

I swap PES 6 just before PES 2008 came out with the intention of purchasing it as soon as it was released. I didn't purchase it in the end because although I enjoyed it when I played it. It didn't seem to have changed enough to warrant a purchase.

So after a long absence (not had a copy since 98: Road to the World Cup) I decided to purchase FIFA.

I bought it on ebay for £24 (for Xbox360) and I will be collecting it tonight.

I don't see this as a switch of allegiance (I still love PES) I just see it as a "protest" purchase. I want konami to try harder

(Plus I am quite excited about Be a Pro mode and the good online play)

I'll keep you all updated.

Below is a link to a patch which will update the PC version with:

PES 2008 English Premierleague Patch 2008 - PC

Τhis version of the patch contains:

-All English Teams

-Kits for all teams!

-HD Logos

-New Backgrounds

-Full Kitserver Support

-Scoreboard of PlaManU

-Doesn't remove any other patches!

-AUTOMATICATED INSTALLATION WITH INSTALLER!*

LINK: http://rapidshare.com/files/92828480/Setup..._Patch_2008.exe

Pictures:

http://anebaseto.com/viewer.php?file=5vq5p...g1ef6pi0gqv.jpg

http://anebaseto.com/viewer.php?file=ra7t4...m393xz7n2pk.jpg

Has anyone heard of anyone creating stadiums? I think it has happend before. It woul dbe amazing if someone created Ewood Park....

Archived