BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

Guest Kamy100

For those of you who have the PS2 version, option file is out which corrects all the Premier League Kits:

Includes:

-Stadium Names

-EPL Kits and Emblems

-Transfers Done (no created players though)

-All fake names corrected and no more duplicates (no pes-shop/classic players)

-Updated stats and formations for: Holland NT, Ajax, AZ, PSV and Feyenoord

-Some things unlocked in PES-Shop (no classic teams/players) and 40000 points.

Enjoy

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nukdk2

Enjoy!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, Got my hands on an eye toy tonight to try the edit mode - dont bother. Remeber how you did it in This is Football/Tony Hawk well, its the same here. The promise of easy picture taking and wrap around the player (remember how life like the chinese bloke looked in the review) model - yep you have guessed it - more lies.

This wont spoil the game for me at all but I do feel let down by another promise that isnt there

Woke up today, after playing PES 08 on PS2 last night i was not impressed. But i kept the faith and went to GAME this morn , traded in Tom Clanys Vegas, Fight night, PES 6 and NBA 2k7 , got 35 for all of them so got PES 08 and NFL 08(Which is FAB,highly recommend) But the diff from the 360 to PS2 is huge, it rocks on the 360, its FAB.

Pro Evo 2008 on PS2 is a waste of money! absolutely rubbish, FIFA 2008 is loads better on this platform. Haven't tried the two games on xbox360 or PS3 though, so things might look different there.

But will definately look into trading my Pro Evo 2008 for FIFA 2008 already.

Guest Kamy100

I have been told a way of reducing slowdown and for once it works.

You need to go to display settings and change RGB to limited. I did this and the slowdown is almost gone, only time it occurs is when it rains, even replays are better.

As for FIFA being better than PES this year I have to disagree. I am a huge fan of FIFA this time round, but in terms of pure gameplay PES is still way ahead, mainly because the response times on FIFA are still very sluggish and it doesn't matter if you are Chelsea or Cheltenham the defences play the same way. Even with all of it's faults PES still plays very well.

I have been told a way of reducing slowdown and for once it works.

You need to go to display settings and change RGB to limited. I did this and the slowdown is almost gone, only time it occurs is when it rains, even replays are better.

As for FIFA being better than PES this year I have to disagree. I am a huge fan of FIFA this time round, but in terms of pure gameplay PES is still way ahead, mainly because the response times on FIFA are still very sluggish and it doesn't matter if you are Chelsea or Cheltenham the defences play the same way. Even with all of it's faults PES still plays very well.

I agree with you Kamy - think I will end up trading FIFA back in however, I am still finding some niggles with PES. Sometimes its as if the players run into a brick wall. I will be running into tackle someone and my guys will just stop dead. Or I will actually tackle him but he is up and away with the ball before my lad that slid in has got up off the floor. I am finding some HUGE gaps too. I am sure the PS2 version didnt have these big gaps. Playing through the Master League at the moment and am enjoying it. Glad it lets you pick halves for the kit so my Rovers master league team looks pretty good.

Cheers for the heads up about the RGB change - will give it a go

The thing that really annoys me about FIFA is how it is impossible to play through balls unless your player has 30 yards of clear space both behind and in front of him. They are almost always cut out, it's very frustrating and doesn't make sense given that you could play a normal pass through the same space and it would always make it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thats it. I am done playing PES. Was a fan of that series before but thats officially over. Fifa gets my vote - and thats not even good. PES7 is prob the worst footy game ever! somehow they manage to make it worse year by year.so many complaints I wont even begin. So just have to find a new controller - damn that temper...

Seeing as i can't afford a Ps3 or Xbox 360.I'm stuck on what to get....do i get Pro evo for ps2 or Fifa for the Wii.....or wait for Pro evo on the Wii?

I would go for Pro Evo on the PS2. I give this reason because its meant to be like last years Pro Evo on PS2 which I loved more than this years PS3 offering.

I can honestly say that I haven't played fifa on the wii so cant really comment on that anyway apart from saying that it doesn't look that good. Pro Evo on the wii - didn't know that was even happening.

NEWS FLASH

I dont know how true this is (and probably is a bunch of lies because I heard it from one of the plebs on a gaming forum) but aparently the 2.1 PS3 update is meant to have sorted the framerate issues out. I wouldnt know because I havent had PES in since FIFA BE A PRO online kicked off.

I am sceptical because I understood it to be Konami that needed to relase a patch for the game and not a problem with the PS3 so I doubt its true but will check it out tonight - unless someone is at home now and can confirm?

Guest Kamy100

I tried it last night and it hadn't sorted out the frame, replays were however better. What is weird is that my mate who is running it on a samsung HDTV his frame rate issues have completely gone since the update. I can't understand it as I have a Toshiba HDTV and it is just as good as the Samsung he has.

I tried it last night and it hadn't sorted out the frame, replays were however better. What is weird is that my mate who is running it on a samsung HDTV his frame rate issues have completely gone since the update. I can't understand it as I have a Toshiba HDTV and it is just as good as the Samsung he has.

And I cant confirm on the TV front because I still live in the past :(

Guest Kamy100

hehehe Cocker, you need to go HD mate. Although from what I can see prices are falling quickly and after Xmas you'll be able to pick up a very decent HDTV for £400 or less.

Konami have really dropped the ball here, game is out for a month and still no patch, online is unplayable and framerate issues are still there for a lot of PS3 owners. It is a shame as the reputation of the Pro Evo brand is going down the pan very quickly.

hehehe Cocker, you need to go HD mate. Although from what I can see prices are falling quickly and after Xmas you'll be able to pick up a very decent HDTV for £400 or less.

Konami have really dropped the ball here, game is out for a month and still no patch, online is unplayable and framerate issues are still there for a lot of PS3 owners. It is a shame as the reputation of the Pro Evo brand is going down the pan very quickly.

Yes I know mate but will have to wait - I dont want to mess around with a rubbish one either. When the cash becomes available a BIG one is going up on my living room wall

I really dont think it will be either of you mate - its them. This year they seem to have stuck a big two fingers up to their loyal fans. Old seabass (the head honcho of PES) came out before the game was even out and said that it wasnt great and he knew it. He has now also come out and said dont expect them to get it right for the next one either - whats going on? Normal people would be out on their ear for saying such things to put their company down

Noticed something strange last night. I loaded up PES 2008 on my PC last night to play a few cup games and noticed that one of the ad boards had changed to Ian Wright's new Football DVD - so it would appear they have ad boards that update in the game? I've only just seen it being advertised on TV!

Archived