Guest Kamy100

Legendary PES editior "deejay" has released his first option file for the PS3:

http://rapidshare.com/files/65086306/PS3_P...pelle.rar.html:

It only corrects:

Only right names for the Epl Teams

Changed League/Cup Names

Changed Stadiumnames(4 still missing)

Changed names of the fake national players

He is working on PS3 version with kits and it should be released soon. Also he will release a PS2 version.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100

After playing more it appears that in some stadiums there is more slowdown. I played in Olympico stadium and there was no slow down, same for Monaco stadium. However when playing in Nou Camp or Amsterdam Arena there is slowdown, nothing major but deffo slowdown. Going to test the rest of the stadiums later.

Ok, so I have been on it for an hour now so I will give it my own little review. In doing this though I will not compare it to FIFA in anyway as they are very very different beats and both deserve a totally separate review. It would be like comparing Rainbow 6 Vegas directly with Resistance - both first person shooters but not the same type of play:-

Menus

The first thing that you notice are that the menu's are bigger and bolder and look nice. Apart from the weird early cut scenes where you think that your TV has gone mental (those who have seen it will know what I mean - I thought my game was fooked) your initial reaction is - yes PES next Gen is here. The first thing I did was to head to the edit menu because I wanted to stick my ugly mug on a player - this is where my first disappointment hit. In the mags and early vids of this it seemed that you would upload a head shot taken on your camera to your PS3 and it would stick it on the head of a player without the messing about that went on in a game known to some as This is football - by the time you had finished with your messing about the player looked nothing like you so the promise of a simple load button sounded good. Now, when I got there it was telling me to plug in the camera. I then flick open the instructions to find it says - eyetoy. Sounds like the early cool player creation may have been knocked on the head then. It may be that I spat my dummy out too soon but I couldn't be bothered wasting any more time here and wanted to get stuck in. So I by passed a few more menus and went straight for an exhibition.

(Before we get to gameplay though we will talk about the sound)

The sound on the menu's are some quite gay songs which you pay no attention too. The sound in the game I think is awful. John Champion - well done sir you have earned your money on this one - the guy generally sounds interested however, Mark Lawrenson - SHAME ON YOU. Remember when you were at school and there was that lad in your class that stood up to read his story and it went something like "And then I went out and then I went to the shop and then and then and then" in a droning voice - thats what Loro sounds like - its truly shocking. The crowd just make the normal crowd sound. When you kick the ball though it sounds like when you kick one of those fly away ones at the beach. hmm not good however, I normally turn the sound down in footy games and stick some tunes on anyway so this isnt a problem - for me (funny sound though is when you make your player dive - he sounds like he has been shot)

Reet the gameplay.

I know its already been commented on and some say they dont notice after a while but the thing that I noticed right away - and not through the cut scenes was the slow down. Its hard to explain. Its not like when you get lag online. Its more like when you are looking at a book and you turn your head from one page to another - that might be a bad way to explain it but I dont know how else too. In fact a previous version of PES had this very problem. The developers fixed this before the game was released by taking out the crowd - yes really. Load up your old version of PES and look at the crowd - they arnt there. This however, is 'Next Gen' (yes I know, now current gen) and this shouldnt happen. Grating my teeth though I carry on by trying a few different camera angles. As with most games nearly all of the camera angles are pointless. Yes close up they look great but you cant see the play so its no good. So your left really with the wide cam or normal long/medium although for some reason the wide cam seems to improve the slow down - a little.

Onto the actual footy. What should always be said about a new version of PES is that people will always say - its not changed since last year - wrong. It does in fact change every year because when you pick up a new one your rubbish at it compared to the previous version and you immediately slate it. You do find as with all PES games that you need to learn the suttleties and when you do the game improves and then over takes your old version. Take this one. I did my run down wing and cross it in but the ball dosnt really goto my man. I find that holding the shoulder buttons makes your guy look up and cross it right to the attacker. There does seem to be lotts little things that your need to take in. The player animations are pretty good however, again I am left a little disappointed with the way they sometime look to be skating over the pitch instead of running. Even though this seems faster than previous versions, it also seems a little slower - whhhaaaaaaa you may ask. Let me explain. I think due to the fast flowing animations the screen seems to move very fast however, the way you are closed down and pushed around by the opposing team means you do have to come back more. Not only this but you really do have to have a look where your guys are and who is marking them. The shooting seems very off but but this is because it always does until you get the hang of it again but at the same time the goal keepers seem more improved.

My first feeling is like when you think you have £20 in your wallet and you open it up to find that its not there - theres a hole - somethings not right. To echo my comments above though I have sometimes felt like this with previous games and they have grown on me. If you can forgive the slowdown - which is making me dizzy at the moment especially when played on the pitch with the circles and get used to the extra controls (the look up pass for instance) then this could be a good game - for the PS2. Yes, the biggest let down is like what I mentioned at the start - this isnt next gen football. We were promised - blades of grass, sweating players, creases on shirts. On Motorstorm when you drive round for a bit the ground gets ripped up and changes - why couldnt this happen with our footy game. We spent £500 on a console and we got this. I might be asking for too much but you know what a full sized tekken character looks like. Well put a footy kit on one of them. Shrink them down and make them run around on a footy pitch and thats next gen (you can zoom in on a player in a reply and their faces smile and frown but its not the same)

I haven't been online yet and it will probably get more fun when playing against other people but I really feel let down at the moment.

7 out of 10 from me (though I am never happy with anything so you shouldnt take any notice :rolleyes: )

EDIT: Having played for a couple more hours it is growing on me. Still some niggles but it is getting better.

(Also, have you had to try and save a pen - thats one weird camera angle)

I'd agree that there is something just not quite right about this game. To me the graphics almost seem worse than the previous year.

I didnt play it on the 360 but it does paste the PS2 for graphics I guess. I found my self in the reply mode last night quite allot (I was England - who by the way dosent have Bentley in it) trying to justify things to the Mrs. I was zooming in and out on SWP and Rio Ferdinand going "see, look how much they look like them" I then go back to playing the game and she says "they all look the same now though dont they"

Way to go and pee on my chips

Anyway, just read this on PES fan which has cheered me up about the game :-

Konami is suffering criticism from gamers who say the PS3 version of the game suffers from frame rate issues and slowdown. You can see why we gave the game seven out of 10 in our review here. You can also see our exclusive gameplay footage here.

Earlier today Konami apologised for the quality of online play with an online notification displayed when gamers enter the PES 2008 lobby. It revealed that the publisher has uncovered "issues which can affect the online gameplay quality of PES 2008" and is working "full strength to find a solution as quickly as possible".

We gave Konami's UK office a call posing as a customer to ask what the publisher would be doing to combat the problems. We were told that a patch was being worked on that would not only attempt to improve offline play but also online play. However, Konami does not have a timeframe on when that patch will be released.

It remains unclear how PES fans who are not connected to the Internet will be able to improve the quality of their game experience, however.

Rest assured we'll keep you updated as this story develops.

Also:-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't make new threads with questions about the famous PESFan option file.

It isn't here YET...

Due to circumstances it's maybe a little bit delayed as some members already have the game.....

We're working as hard as we can to make you guy's happy....

So it's here at the site when it's here.....

sooooooooooon....

So please think about the server and don't start threads about it...

You will see it fast enough when it's online...

Thanks

Amen

Guest Kamy100

Really well written Review Cocker, you put most the gaming journalists to shame.

I played all last evening with my mate who came over, we had some fantastic matches. If you use Konami stadium you will not get any slowdown whatsoever. I am thinking of editing all the teams and making the Konami Stadium and the St Marys stadium default for all of them as these are 2 best stadiums with regards to no slowdown. The replays are a joke, they are so choppy. Hopefully Konami can get this sorted. I have not ventured online as of yet!!

I have not ventured online as of yet!!

I clicked in last night but it was going on about registering first and I couldnt arsed at the time so came out. I suspect that we will meet some time in the future though obi wan

Kamy100 Posted Today, 10:55

Really well written Review Cocker, you put most the gaming journalists to shame.

Why thankyou sir

Guest Kamy100

Option File for the PS3

* Updated Premierleague Kits (only using the editor, not badges etc)

* All Premierleauge Transfers

* Corrected Player Names (PL & German National Team)

COULD SOMEONE UPDATE THE NAMES AUF NATIONALTEAMS PLAYERS PLEASE AND UPLOAD AFTER, I'LL GIVE YOU CREDIT(I ran out of time, and thought you guys would like the OF today )

* Updated Player Abilities/Appearances

* Updated Starting XI for every Premierleauge Team

* Assigned stadiums to each club

* 8 Premierleauge Kit Templates, which are:

o

o Arsenal Home

o Arsenal Away

o Manu Home

o Manu Away

o Chelsea Home

o Chelsea Away

o Liverpool Home

o Liverpool Away

DOWNLOAD:

http://rapidshare.com/files/65371123/mccro...OF_1.0.rar.html

OR

]http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=FHCZ57OW[/url]

Got mine yesterday for my 360 but only had just over an hours play so far.

Am delighted that I can change my players shirts to proper kits, change their names too!!!

No longer have to play as "lancashire" with a white kit and blue horizontal stripe !!!!

Not too bothered about a option file now as my kits are good enough for gameplay at least.

The game feels more real to me - the better teams seem to close you down quicker - the others seem to give you loads of room down the flanks.

Attacking wise seems ok - although if you play as Barca its easy to pick out impossibly hard and accurate passes whilst on the turn.

Defensively though it seems harder to disposes opponents - which is good - and you need to show them away from goal.

Trying to save penalties is very weird !!!

Overall 7/10 so far

Gotta say, this game is awesome, despite the slowdown, it seems to have got a lot better or i'm getting used to it, a bit of both i think, gotta be a 9/10 for me now, although we did think it was buggered the other day, it kept crashing, but then we realised we were downloading a demo so we figured that must've been the reason and hey presto it worked again after it had finished downloading, good news about the patch as well if they are actually working on one, just need to download the option file now

Guest Kamy100

Yup played 4 games online and have to say that it is the worst online experience ever, they need to get this sorted ASAP. Surely they must've tested the online before release?

Yup played 4 games online and have to say that it is the worst online experience ever, they need to get this sorted ASAP. Surely they must've tested the online before release?

You would have thought they would have tested the single player too but nooooo.

I was running through on goal tonight just about to pull the trigger - the next thing I am chasing him down the pitch and and I didnt even see a tackle. Poor show.

Back I went to the single player and played a cup. I gritted my teeth through the frame issue and to be fair there is a great game under it all trying to get out. Unlike most footy games they have put a little effort into the scence when you win the cup (fans excluded because I cant explain how afwul they look)

Guest Kamy100

YAY option file is out with the proper Rovers home kit for the PS3:

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=44033

Just like everything else, Konami has messed up the editing big time. The ingame editor does not allow you to edited badges or make sponsor logos. So you have to use the photo import feature, you would think that would be great, well Konami in their wisdom have restricted the photo import feature, so it only allows you to import 8 kits. So we won't be able to have an option file with all the kits, it will only have a maximum of 8.

Looks like he has got the BET 24 sign the right size :lol:

p9030011xr4.jpg

Have you down loaded this yet Kamy? How has he done with the player faces?

Has anyone actually used the camera function yet? Am I being an idiot or do you really need an eye toy?

Guest Kamy100

It is an okay option file, Rovers kit looks quite good. I am sure that within a week there will be better ones out.

It does appear that you need a eye toy to use the import photo feature. I have tried 2 different digital cameras and they do not work.

It is an okay option file, Rovers kit looks quite good. I am sure that within a week there will be better ones out.

It does appear that you need a eye toy to use the import photo feature. I have tried 2 different digital cameras and they do not work.

Dam it. I gave mine away when I sold the PS2 (and I am not about to by the PS3 eye toy)

Good job I know someone else I can borrow one from

Archived