BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rugby

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just find it funny that the entire world thought England were awful since winning the World Cup but it was just a master plan by England to make everyone believe we were dodgy just so teams would think we're easy and not play to the best of their abilities.

England are on course to rule the world again.

I just hope the French, Argies and the S.Africans aren't reading this otherwise the plan might fail.

this froma a man who thinks a 3 hour game of American football is exciting?

Go away until you realise how much superior Union is to your wannabe rugby but cant cope with anything like nuances, subtlety or intelligence that is neccessary to play Rugby.

Abbey, you dont like rugby, thats fine, dont post on here, you have a thread for NFL, go and post on those.

Aus lost their ODI against India today.

Therefore this is officially the greatest (long) weekend of Sport. EVER!

Fact :)

this froma a man who thinks a 3 hour game of American football is exciting?

Go away until you realise how much superior Union is to your wannabe rugby but cant cope with anything like nuances, subtlety or intelligence that is neccessary to play Rugby.

Abbey, you dont like rugby, thats fine, dont post on here, you have a thread for NFL, go and post on those.

Aus lost their ODI against India today.

Therefore this is officially the greatest (long) weekend of Sport. EVER!

Fact :)

AND THIS FROM A MAN WHO NEVER POSTS CRAP :P

Not that I've seen a ton of All Blacks matches, but this was really a display of confidence from the French how they watched the Haka. By the way, who's the long haired french dude with a big beard? He looks the scariest of them all...

Hairy bloke with beard is Sebastian Chabal. He plays for Sale, so get down to Edgely Park and watch him marmalise some poor unsuspecting Leeds player.

Where have all the convicts gone?

Just got this on the e-mail:

A gendarme in Paris last Friday night pulled over a driver who had been weaving in and out of the traffic.

He approached the car window and said "Sir I need you to blow into this breathalyzer".

The man reaches into his pocket and produces a doctor's note. On it was written:

"This man suffers from chronic asthma. Do not make him perform any action that may leave him short of breath".

The gendarme said "Okay then I need you to come and give a blood sample" The man produced another letter. This one said: "This man is a haemophiliac. Please do not cause him to bleed in any way".

So the officer said: "Right, I need a urine sample then".

The man produces a third letter from his pocket.

It read: "This man plays rugby for Australia, please don't take the ###### out of him".

Not that I've seen a ton of All Blacks matches, but this was really a display of confidence from the French how they watched the Haka. By the way, who's the long haired french dude with a big beard? He looks the scariest of them all...

They aren't the first to do it, usually doesn't work as it just fires them up more. Personally I'd just stand back and pay it some respect and then get on with the game.

It's a show, the players should watch it just like everybody else, they just shouldn't be intimidated by it. I think it's much more interesting when you see some of the pacfic islanders do it, at least then you know that virtually every one of them has that as a part of their history.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Fixed for you.

No one here in Australia actually expected us to win the WC, we are in a rebuilding phase at the moment which should have been underway after England scraped a win against a poor side 4 years ago.

Good to see typically you put your horse before the cart. England were horrible, it is just Australia were even worse.

England at the breakdown were superb but against any other nation with anything resembling a forward pack to match you and would have been trounced.

Enjoy the win.

Good to see typically you put your horse before the cart. England were horrible, it is just Australia were even worse.

I certainly don't think that is true. You were outplayed, accept it. England weren't horrible, they aren't the best team in the world, but if they could copy and paste that performance and do it again on Saturday then I think they'd probably win. Your pack was a joke, but that doesn't take away from England's performance.

Have that you rock-breaking neanderthals!!!

The thing about shouting your mouth of is that you then have to deal with the consequences when you lose. And lose you have. Again. That would be three of the last 4 world cups then yes? Two on the run? Never mind the psychological impact on England, imagine being an ex-con today. You have lost in consecutive world cups to the team that you all hate. This time we shouldn't even have been on the field we were so poor, but still the result went for us.

And people call the All Blacks "Chokers". It seems to me that the Kangaroo molesters push them pretty close.

Another pitiful display from the front row of the Queens furthest colony. When will they learn? You can have all the backs in the world, but if your Props can do little more than make up the numbers then you will suffer at the hands of a proper pack. And suffer they did.

Not a great all round performance from Englands finest, but we found their weakness and exploited it mercilessly. That is what world champions do. They find a way of winning.

As for Gregan and Larkham, Wilko and Dawson were a far more fearsome pairing than those two ever were. Over rated in the extreme, as their world cup record shows.

Sale win on Friday, England Saturday, Rovers sunday. What a great weekend.

Clap, clap, clap -_-

I certainly don't think that is true. You were outplayed, accept it. England weren't horrible, they aren't the best team in the world, but if they could copy and paste that performance and do it again on Saturday then I think they'd probably win. Your pack was a joke, but that doesn't take away from England's performance.

OK, so if England were so tremendous as most on here seem to agree about, why after facing one of the most hideous Australian rugby performances of my lifetime could they

A. Not score a try against us

and

B. Only win by two points

Saffers 36 - zip against England was a great performance, the kiwi's destruction of Scotland was a great performance, tha Argy win over the frogs was a great performance, England beating a horrible Australia by two points without even putting a try on makes them slightly better then a @#/? Australian performance.

To add, all this bitter talk is ludicrous, Australia were beaten by the better team on the day. Bitterness is a complete NZ dominance only to be shafted by a blatant forward pass try.

If NZ were so dominant, they'd have been able to score in the 20 minutes after France had scored, also One of the AB's trys was from a forward pass. But dont let facts get in the way of you being demolished or the AB's choking when it mattered.

Still, 4 more years, 4 more years

but in the last 20 minutes waht did they do? They picked and drove, picked and drove, they were beaten and out thought by the better side.

The score board shows it.

As for the Aussies, although the score board doesnt show it (if JW and Mortlock had tehir goal kicking boots on Im sure it would be a much bigger score, with us further in front)

The overriding oppinion I had from the game, and I am not a myopic oneeyed redrose tinted glasses supporter, was that we battered you. And we're totally dominant.

Although I will be having nightmares of Sacky missing that tackle :)

Scrumbag article

A rather good match report

Dont try and rewrite history about the game, as is what you've tried to do for 2003 as well.

You were walloped, and if not for the fact that the Ref was awfully nice to you for the first 20 odd minutes or so, I'm pretty certain that you'ld have been crushed.

I still expect us to get a dman good stuffing by the French, I feel that they now have the momentum behind them.

neekoy - no matter how much you try and dress this up in that the aussies where the better team....the one statistic that counts my friend is this - "england are in the semi finals...!!

as usual when an australian team can't cope with defeat, they try and look to blame all and sundry instead of excepting that they where beaten fairly and squarely by a better side, as was said by ben tune, ben darwin and rupert mcall in the pro-australia comentary box.

Archived