BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rugby

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great atmosphere, very exciting game, not great quality though. England deserved to win, but neither side were spectacular and they spent about 60 minutes of that game kicking back and forth to each other. Still the pack were good, good at the break-down and they moved the ball pretty well. I will say that I think Wilkinson needs to stop taking on some of those kicks in my opinion. He's simply a bit out of form with his kicking right now, which is fine, plus I think the team could benefit from simply finding touch and applying pressure from a line-out sometimes, especially with the forwards playing so well.

Great atmosphere, very exciting game, not great quality though. England deserved to win, but neither side were spectacular and they spent about 60 minutes of that game kicking back and forth to each other. Still the pack were good, good at the break-down and they moved the ball pretty well. I will say that I think Wilkinson needs to stop taking on some of those kicks in my opinion. He's simply a bit out of form with his kicking right now, which is fine, plus I think the team could benefit from simply finding touch and applying pressure from a line-out sometimes, especially with the forwards playing so well.

Quiye simply France played the wrong game, they played the kicking game. Which you cant do in a semi final. Like, Eddie said neither team were spectacular, neither team deserved to win yet England did enough to win.

I sit beside two Frogs in work, one of which is going to be seriously ###### off, and the other in a bad mood, same as we would be if we were beaten by France, but then our boss is from Britland!! And she has already sent me texts of "Swing Low".

All i can say is Fair Deuce, england deserve their win.

But in my honest opinion, the standard of rugby has gone backwards......compared to the last world cup!!!!!!!!!

I did quite well tyoing seeing i was at thw pub!!

i thought our defence was oustanding tonight and for me it was josh lewsey's try that made rthe difference. jonny is going to miss some bvut he is always gonna give you a chance to win, that is what he did and win is what we did. i am not fussed who we play next week, although i would love another c rack at the south african's.

all points to a great saturday night next week.

by the way...what date is the final and what time is kick off..gmt??

From...

to...

Make you mind up man!

Good old Irish (and Aussies) they are always good for a backhanded compliment when it comes to the English! :lol:

What i meant was, overall performance between the two teams, england deseved their win

well i watched the game in the pub..well done,i will watch next week as well ..but still think its boring compred to league. I cant grasp how flops thinks its similar to the gridiron ,if any of the codes are similar (which there not) then league has traits

well i watched the game in the pub..well done,i will watch next week as well ..but still think its boring compred to league. I cant grasp how flops thinks its similar to the gridiron ,if any of the codes are similar (which there not) then league has traits

It's all about opinion Abs. I've tried watching most sports a number of times to see if I can pick them up. I wouldn't say I liked rugby but do prefer Union over league. I've quite enjoyed watching the England games but, apart from New Zealand - France, have shown no interest in any other games. I suppose it's how a lot of non-football fans follow tournaments like the footy world cup with regard to England.

I've tried watching NFL a few times as well and it bores me to bits. I much prefer baseball and the faster pace of NHL over American football. However it's obviously popular so fair play to those that do enjoy it. It's not for me. Each to their own.

Providing it's a decent card I can drive over to Wetherby on a freezing afternoon, not have a drink, hardly have a bet and just watch the horses parading, racing and coming back in. And that would bore most people !

England - South Africa final

this is just silly.

Abbey, you're probably right about league, but im guessing gridiron originated from Rugby Union.

Did you enjoy the game?

it was ok ..not as good as staines getting walloped at ot tho.....

i always knew that south africa would beat the argies and now sets up a big final next weekend. it will be interesting to see if there is any mind games played through the media in the lead up to the game. i just really hope that whoever is refereeing the game wakes up to the constant infringements in the ruck by the south africans.

Archived