BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Chelsea V Blackburn 15 September 2007

Jan

Can you read? If so read my post again and tell me where I have had a go at the officials!.....Oh yes, and learn to read and understand English before making stupid comments.

I wasn't on about today's officials Fife, I can understand English perfectly well. I meant there was no need to start dragging up what happened at West Ham last season, that's what I meant by you still had to complain about little old Rovers being hard done to even on a day when the officials had given us the benefit of a dodgy decision. The majority of your post was still dominated by Rovers' past misfortunes and the supposed Rovers-hating media on a day when a] referees had favoured us, and b] the media had done nothing wrong.

I notice you still failed to back up all this hysteria that surrounded the decision. Not surprising really, given that there wasn't any. Alright Jose has had a good moan, but Sparky isn't exactly silent when things go against us, nor is any manager in fact. Of course the media are going to report the managers reactions, but there has been nothing nearing hysteria from the media and you know it well enough.

Oooooooooooooooo, handbags! I've got a bigger one than yours!

What about the penalty we should have had then? Clumsy challenge and push in the back, oh no, it was a dive of course.

I did mention the penalty claim briefly in another posts (albeit paraphrasing what MotD said). I don't think it was a penalty, but it's one of those I wouldn't be surprised to see given for Man Utd at Old Trafford (or Portsmouth at Fratton Park :ph34r: ).

Yes it was a bit of handbags, nothing more. :)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely the best moment of the game was the Chavski players celebrating the "goal" with the Chavski fans.

The Chavski fans, one by one, noticed the linesmens flag and the lights went out one by one. Then the players followed suit.

Priceless!

Can anyone post a link?

That was a world class performance? I don't think so! They were very good but I thought they were pretty quiet and Savage and Dunn didn't look totally out of their depth against them.

He did? Pedersen was getting back in a sense, but there were at least three occasions where he was in a position to make a challenge or at least chase the attacker, but he just stood there or made a feeble jogging attempt. I understand that isn't particularly his game but players in all positions need to have a basic skill of defending in a given situation.

Yes, Cole and Essien showed that they are top, top players while Chelsea also showed that they are capable of playing excellent football without Drogba and Lampard. Dunn and Savage were on the back foot for long periods where Essien and Joe Cole, by cutting inside, gave them a real torrid time, running through them and cutting them open on numerous occasions. Savage played very well for the first 20 minutes, but from then on, he and Dunn were just out-classed.

Pedersen definitely tracked back a lot more from the end of the first half onwards. He put in a few really good challanges as well. I'll give him credit there. But for the majority of the first half, he was AWOL.

I didn't actually think it was offside at that point. There were two players offside as the ball was travelling across the pitch. Mr R said then they were offside - before the 'goal', and the someone (I think it was the MOTD team) even said there were a couple of instances which the flag could have gone up for. Everyone is just looking at the final ball and not what happened before. And Bellamy11 - isn't it the interpretation of the rule? That's what I meant. Someone has to be there to interpret it (Assistant Ref).

Anyway, we got a point. Why is everyone arguing about a situation that would have lost us the match? Has everyone suddenly started supporting Chelsea? Come on, it was worth it to see that Kalou's face and Mounrinio's tantrum. 'Bout time lady luck remembered who she should be supporting, eh?

Still friends, then, Le Chuck :P

What's with this let's all have snide digs at Pederson. He didn't have an even average game for him going forward but did the work of two me on the left side. As for the disgraceful dive tell me how he was going to stay on two feet when the defender came across him and took away his standing foot. Granted he'd lost control of the ball and for that reason we probably shouldn't have got a penalty but to say he dived digracefully is rubbish.

Also tell me who does the covering for Warnock when he (often) goes walkabout from the left full-back position. Count the number of times that either Pederson was the furthest player back on the left side or he was having to work the left defensive touchline because "gods gift" at full back had decided to go for a wander.

I'll agree with tcj_jones on this one, I'm usually very pleased with the amount of defensive work Pedersen does, but in this game, first half in particular, he was no where to be found. Belletti (Pedersen's man) kept getting at us time and time again. I will say he improved somewhat in the second half..

As for the challenge against him in the box, I don't think it was a dive or a penalty, but rather a bit of contact after losing the ball and then making the most of it. I'm not disappointed with the call or the player really.

The linesman flagged so early, I suspect it was for the earlier ball. Closer call but still onside.

That was my first thought but nobody seems to have mentioned it.

He was very close to be offside from the initial pass, certainly closer than the pass for the goal :lol:

I wasn't on about today's officials Fife, I can understand English perfectly well. I meant there was no need to start dragging up what happened at West Ham last season, that's what I meant by you still had to complain about little old Rovers being hard done to even on a day when the officials had given us the benefit of a dodgy decision. The majority of your post was still dominated by Rovers' past misfortunes and the supposed Rovers-hating media on a day when a] referees had favoured us, and b] the media had done nothing wrong.

I notice you still failed to back up all this hysteria that surrounded the decision. Not surprising really, given that there wasn't any. Alright Jose has had a good moan, but Sparky isn't exactly silent when things go against us, nor is any manager in fact. Of course the media are going to report the managers reactions, but there has been nothing nearing hysteria from the media and you know it well enough.I did mention the penalty claim briefly in another posts (albeit paraphrasing what MotD said). I don't think it was a penalty, but it's one of those I wouldn't be surprised to see given for Man Utd at Old Trafford (or Portsmouth at Fratton Park :ph34r: ).

You obviously were not watching the match on Setanta then which I was and I have every second of their transmission recorded on DVD. Immediately at the time of the Chelsea goal being disallowed both comentators but especially the Scottish one went into near hysterics and went on and on and on about it not being offside and the disgraceful decision etc,etc. They backed this up by an immediate replay to prove their point, then more lambasting of the official, and as the live transmission of the match was continuing it was interrupted several more times before the match ended to show us all once again how unjust and disgraceful this decision was. Then after the match was over the vast majority of the after match discussion which went on for about half an hour after the end of the game was taken up by interviews with Morinho, Mark Hughes, and repeated showings of the incident, and in-depth analysis of the event by the commentators and the studio team of McManaman and some other guy who used to play for Chelsea ; I didn't catch his name. This all went on right up to the end of the transmission. I call that making a fuss and hysteria. My reference to the West Ham "goal" from last season was just for comparison because there was not much call from the media then for justice for Blackburn Rovers. Also as I have already said in my previous post I think the linesman was wrong, but I still think he had a difficult split-second decision to make and he did not have the benefit of an instant TV replay.

I also said in a previous post that I thought all the officials had a good game, not just because the Rovers got a fair deal, (I never have subcribed to the Rovers are victims theory; at least not any more than any other small club is) and I think that Webb is one of our best ref's and always have done. Even though it was him reffing the West Ham game at Ewood last season; it was not him that made the decision that the ball had crossed the line.

The point I was trying to make (and which you refuse to see) is that when an injustice occurs to a BIG club all hell breaks loose, but if a similar injustice occurs to a SMALL club , hardly any mention of it in the media, indeed they often seem to try to justify the unjustifiable.

The point I was trying to make (and which you refuse to see) is that when an injustice occurs to a BIG club all hell breaks loose, but if a similar injustice occurs to a SMALL club , hardly any mention of it in the media, indeed they often seem to try to justify the unjustifiable.

Ok. I don't want to drag this out. I just don't think all hell as broken loose, as you put it. I didn't see it on Setanta, but I've seen plenty of games on Sky and they always replay incorrect decisions over and over, and Andy Gray is often hypercritical of the referees/linesmen when something goes wrong. Even if Setanta did go slightly overboard with the reaction to it (and lets be honest, there was little else to get excited about) then that's still not a justification to say the entire media are being hysterical about it.

If I'm missing your point then I apologise, but you in turn are missing mine. On a day where the 'small club' got the decisions, you're still complaining. The West Ham incident didn't need bringing up, neither did media bias, because neither are relevant to what happened yesterday. I just get fed up of all this 'small town against the world' thing, that's all.

Surely the best moment of the game was the Chavski players celebrating the "goal" with the Chavski fans.

The Chavski fans, one by one, noticed the linesmens flag and the lights went out one by one. Then the players followed suit.

Can anyone post a link?

A bit of this?

_44118898_chel3.jpg

Ok. I don't want to drag this out. I just don't think all hell as broken loose, as you put it. I didn't see it on Setanta, but I've seen plenty of games on Sky and they always replay incorrect decisions over and over, and Andy Gray is often hypercritical of the referees/linesmen when something goes wrong. Even if Setanta did go slightly overboard with the reaction to it (and lets be honest, there was little else to get excited about) then that's still not a justification to say the entire media are being hysterical about it.

You just cant stick to the facts can you Le Chuck? Show me where I have said either of the things you accuse me of (highlighted). What I did say in my perfectly reasonable posts seems to have somehow got right up your nose and for whatever reason you have chosen to come on and attack me with all sorts of exagerrated and fictitious accusations, and consistently mis-quoting what I am supposed to have said. The evidence is there for all to see. The only media I have seen is what Setanta broadcast because that is the way I chose to view the match. So how can I be expected to know what Sky or any other media has said about it. To me these others are irrelevant; I have simply quoted what I saw and heard myself, and I have the hard evidence to prove it. Do you have a problem with that?

And another thing I most certainly do take strong objection to is the disgraceful language you chose to use. I am a deeply religious person and I take grave exception to people using profane or blasphemous words when they are adressing me specifically. I know that lot's of people do this kind of thing routinely on here, and I can ignore them when the remarks are not addressed to me personally. In this case they were and I do object most strongly. Neither you nor anyone else can ever point to a case of my using profane or blasphemous language at any time or any place.

Thought we did ok yesterday. The whole defence (including Brad) was immense and I have noticed an improvement in Emerton's defending this season.

Samba's injury was a real worry at the time but thankfully he seems ok. He has the potential to become one of the finest defenders in the world, he really looks a class act.

Apart from the defence, I thought Savage had a decent game but no one else really peformed. Pedersen was really poor yesterday and his problems seem to be in his head IMO. His form has been similar to the start he made last season, shyte! If he could get his act together we would be some attacking force, especially with Bentley on the right. Dunn found it difficult but showed a couple of glimpses of his class. He also attempted one of his trademark runs (trying to beat a man) which was unsucessful.

Chelsea were missing a couple of their main players but still have a lot of pace and power in their team, so most teams will be pinned back when playing at Stamford Bridge.

You just cant stick to the facts can you Le Chuck? Show me where I have said either of the things you accuse me of (highlighted).

I'm genuinely not trying to twist anything you say, these are the posts of the things I've accused you of (slightly stronger wording than I'd like, but never mind).

Also what about all the fuss and hysteria coming from the media.......Where was the outcry from the media then?

Again, there has been neither hysteria nor an outcry from the media regarding yesterday's match.

The point I was trying to make (and which you refuse to see) is that when an injustice occurs to a BIG club all hell breaks loose

Maybe this is more implied than the other quote, but even if it wasn't in relation to our match it still supports my argument that you were bringing media bias etc. into a thread where it wasn't warranted or needed.

And another thing I most certainly do take strong objection to is the disgraceful language you chose to use. I am a deeply religious person and I take grave exception to people using profane or blasphemous words when they are adressing me specifically.

I apologise wholeheartedly for this. I wouldn't use that language normally, I'm just not allowed to use the 'f' word (although that probably would be no better) and such like on here, so I thought that was an alternative which would fit into the posting guidelines. That was a very big misjudgement on my part I know, I'm sorry if I caused any offence that wasn't my intention at all.

I'm genuinely not trying to twist anything you say, these are the posts of the things I've accused you of (slightly stronger wording than I'd like, but never mind).

Again, there has been neither hysteria nor an outcry from the media regarding yesterday's match.

Maybe this is more implied than the other quote, but even if it wasn't in relation to our match it still supports my argument that you were bringing media bias etc. into a thread where it wasn't warranted or needed.

I apologise wholeheartedly for this. I wouldn't use that language normally, I'm just not allowed to use the 'f' word (although that probably would be no better) and such like on here, so I thought that was an alternative which would fit into the posting guidelines. That was a very big misjudgement on my part I know, I'm sorry if I caused any offence that wasn't my intention at all.

OK Le chuck I accept your apology and I think we are going to have to agree to differ on the remaining points. we are just going round in circles and whereas I know what I was trying to convey in my original post and you can't seem to grasp it or if you can you choose to interpret it in a different way than I do. So let's just drop the whole thing and move on shall we. Life's too short as they say :) Oh, and I apologise for my initial reaction which was well over the top regarding your ability to read. That was very silly of me. Sorry.

Agreeing to disagree is definitely the best outcome I think.

I did think it was out of character to be as hostile with your response, which is why I didn't really reply to it because I thought there must have been a reason - and now I know what it was, so again I offer my apologies. No hard feelings I hope. :)

Maybe it was just the booze, but I was pretty giddy after yesterday's game. Even in spite of the fact I had to watch the game with a bunch of people complaining that some American college football wasn't on. <_< But I think we've got a hell of team. Chelsea away is always going to be a difficult, but I thought we played very well given the circumstances. I thought Samba and Nelsen were immense, and Brad is an excellent goalkeeper. That's all. :rover:

Spot on. I feel he(B.M) is becoming a bit a of a liability and I honestly feel he did not contribute towards the game in ANY positive way whatsoever. Derbs and Cruz up top for me.

Most definately. And whats more I didn't like the over friendly hugs and kisses he gave Maureen just before kickoff, almost funny that he chose his worst performance yet against Chelsea. He should be benched and Derbs given a run, agreed.

You'll not get a Champions League team with performances like that sonny :angry:

When watching the game on Setanta, I thought it was very close, maybe offside, maybe not... more offside than not.... but then the angle they were showing it at, makes it look as if the Rovers player is further up the field than he was...

Then later on, they had MOTD on in the pub and turned the angle to the one of the linesman and it clearly showed it was offside.

It doesn't matter if the ball was played backwards or forward...Kalou was behind the ball when it was played (forward) and is therefore not in an offside position. It was a bad call from the ref but not as bad as the West Ham "goal" against us last season, which never even crossed the line. One of the replays show the linesman was too slow and not parallel with our last defender, and it was probably because his angle of vision he called it offside when it clearly was on.

Bloody hell, it was onside.

So we lost?!?!

Various TV replays show that the player was marginally on side. It was a tight decision, the linesman made what he thought was the right decision at the time, he got it wrong. Ho hum. You can be darned sure that next time he has a 50-50 call to make he'll give it in favour of the "big club" though. Mourinho ripped the TV monitor out from the dug out ( :lol: ) he was that angry and judging by his comments in the press the linesmans decision was a personal attack on him.

Not only should the lino phone Jose to apologise he should also be demoted to the championship. To be honest if the flag happy lunatic has any honour he'll fall on his flag / sword. The very fact that he is still being allowed to breath at this moment in time is a massive slur on Chelsea FC. The entire FA and Keith Hackett should all resign and move to South America. Gordon Brown has yet to issue a statement I notice. Shoddy work from the Government if you ask me.

Agreeing to disagree is definitely the best outcome I think.

I did think it was out of character to be as hostile with your response, which is why I didn't really reply to it because I thought there must have been a reason - and now I know what it was, so again I offer my apologies. No hard feelings I hope. :)

No hard feelings at all. Best put the whole unhappy episode out of our minds and move on. :)

Archived