BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Chelsea V Blackburn 15 September 2007

Jan

It is Aston Villa, and at present I don't think we know. I reckon we'll wait and see if we get into the UEFA group stages, as if we don't there will be several free midweek slots

At least we have the advantage of having one extra game to play over everyone else, not to put too much pressure on us or anyting :)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good result, although i felt when we did get chance to attack we were a little desperate about the way we went about it, misplaced passes etc., which led to us defending more and more. I honestly feel the attacking players are very able and if they showed a little more self-confidence would have done better on saturday.

much as I have liked benni the hugging and kissing of mourinho + bad display of his were both rather disappointing.

Tcj_Jones - you can add Brad to your list of 'World Class' players because Sky have told us so.

I don't understand the implication, maybe you could just tell me straight forward instead of using a snidey comment. A rating of 8 does not constitute world class, just as much as Sky Sports does not influence my rating of a player.

For the record, I consider Brad to be a world class player.

Only seen the highlights on MOTD, great result but where was my mate Dunny for this game see he was subbed again was he driving forward providing the ammunition for Santa and Benni or just making up the numbers.

He had played quite well for 83 minutes, but the forward passes were no longer needed as we were by this point trying to hold on for a point- hence the Axe coming on.

And as one of the few who was there I do feel able to comment. Unlike you. So shut it- until you actually see him play!!

I would say World Class means you would be amongst the best 100 or so players in the world at the present moment in time.

Friedal was brilliant yesterday, he made some world class saves.

Tcj_Jones - you can add Brad to your list of 'World Class' players because Sky have told us so.

World Class should be the starting 11 plus subs hypothetically selected to play teams from Mars and Venus. Everybody less than that being international class. imo Nobody playing on Saturday at Stamford bridge need bother with a fitting for a spacesuit other than Petr Cech.

.....I am reminded of the Lpool supporter on MoTD 2 tonight who was gormles enough to say that this season Lpool have 2 'world class' players competing for every position! So that bloke is suggesting that that is 22 world class players in total and all signed on for the Anfield club!! Yeah right mate. :rolleyes::wstu:

Well firstly, I hope you aren't implying that I am gormless, because I don't appreciate that.

err no! I think it was patently obvious that I was referring to the Lpool supporter ......I'm sure that anyone who isn't gormless would have easily spotted that tcj. ;)

World Class should be the starting 11 plus subs hypothetically selected to play teams from Mars and Venus. Everybody less than that being international class. imo Nobody playing on Saturday at Stamford bridge need bother with a fitting for a spacesuit other than Petr Cech.

And he's already got the under-helmet! ;)

Boring nil nil for me, which would be a great result for us.

Good result (as predicted by me!), felt we deserved that bit of luck with the offside. Looks good for the season ahead. I notice that we're still not getting much coverage in the national press, which probably helps us - being underestimated by most teams. Our next 3/4 games are winable, so hopefully we can maintain the run.

Decent point. We were stifled and got lucky with the offside but it's about time we had some luck. It was a very hardworking performance. MGP and McCarthy have been getting a lot of stick on here, very harsh if you ask me. MGP works hard and will come good, wingers do much better when the team is on the ascendancy, he and Bentley spent most of the game defending. McCarthy isn't a worker, he's a very skillful poacher. Unfortuantely most fans, especially us English who grew up listening to shouts of "get stuck in!", think running around like a headless chicken shows ability. McCarthy didn't do much as we were always on the back foot, he plays well when we get the ball to him in the box. As someone posted; Hughes has been in charge for 3 years, when he started Dickov was our main threat; who would you rather have?

Does anyone else notice Savage's 'trick' of coming sqaure for a throw in and volleying the ball skyward so it goes about 80 yards in the air and lands about 10 yards further forward. He does it every game and it's useless.

Bloody hell, why does someone always thing people are having a go?

I am now content that Sky have agreed with what Blackburn supporters have known about Sir Bradley Friedal for some time. He is an amazing professional.

Thanks Sky, maybe now you can remember the other players we have as well from time to time.

Does anyone else notice Savage's 'trick' of coming sqaure for a throw in and volleying the ball skyward so it goes about 80 yards in the air and lands about 10 yards further forward. He does it every game and it's useless.

i quite agree. the 'trick' has been used for quite a while now. i 1st noticed it at everton last season, where tugay was given the job.

a waste of possession.

Some people on here going over the top. Initial thoughts to the disallowed goal, was offside – the linesman only had that same split second as us.

Mourinho over-reacted and like it showed on MOTD, Pedersen could have just as easily of had a penalty. We went there with a 2 part plan. 1st part was to keep it tight and a clean sheet for aslong as possible, 2nd part was to nick a goal. 1st part we did superbly and 2nd part Savage came very close to doing. So I would say Job done!

The defence again were top class and hopefully that back 5 (inc Friedel) can become a regular defence and they will only get better and better the more they play together. Once again Friedel showed why he is rated among the best in the league and Samba continued his immense displays in which he just seems to get better and better.

Just look below and think how much you would pay now – it makes you laugh!

Samba - £300k

Bentley - £750k

Nelsen – Free

Pedersen - £1.5 million

The next 7 games are very winnable – wouldn’t that be a great run. 2 UEFA Cup games, 1 league cup and then 4 league games (Pompey, Sunderland, Birmingham, Reading). I cant wait!!

Bloody hell, why does someone always thing people are having a go?

I am now content that Sky have agreed with what Blackburn supporters have known about Sir Bradley Friedal for some time. He is an amazing professional.

Thanks Sky, maybe now you can remember the other players we have as well from time to time.

NOOOOO!!!!! We would be far better-off with things as they are. We don't want all the big clubs and the media noticing that we have a team of very good FOOTBALL players. Just leave things as they are and let them find out the hard way when we play them and beat them.

:rover: just breezed through the post's and i cannot believe no one has praised the ref,he had a stormer,every niggly tackle from chelski was blown for.takes some balls at the bridge!! was dissapointed how we played after the hype early on in the week,but a draw at chelski is a well earned point.only one compliant when sparky had enough off benidict he brought on bloody roberts,we needed pace and derbs was the man :brfc:

At the start of the season I was predicting a reasonable first few games based on the opposition.

After all, every fan believes their every fan believes anything is possible at the start of each season.

The only games I predicted we’d lose were the two big fixtures – Arsenal and Chelsea, but now were nearing the end of September and we survived both games without losing.

I have a strong feeling that we’re going to have a successful season (which means finishing top 6). I just hope our foray in the UEFA cup doesn’t take our eye off the ball in the Premiership and result in bad league form.

The media haven’t really picked up on our decent run – and I honestly hope they continue to ignore us because the minute the hype hits, so does the pressure and we will be in danger of losing the momentum we have built up.

I prefer to be cautiously optimistic rather than over enthusiastic about our prospects for this coming season, but I have to say, things are looking good for us.

(just no-one alert the media – shhh! ;) )

It's an interesting topic, defining what "world class" constitues. One thing that I would say about your interpretation is that there are some players I just couldn't choose between if I were compiling a world's best XI. Cech is probably the best keeper in the world, while Essien is one of the top midfielders. "International class" is interesting, but surely that would encompass every single international player?

err no! I think it was patently obvious that I was referring to the Lpool supporter ......I'm sure that anyone who isn't gormless would have easily spotted that tcj. ;)

;) Fair enough, me being paranoid.

i quite agree. the 'trick' has been used for quite a while now. i 1st noticed it at everton last season, where tugay was given the job.

a waste of possession.

A lot of the time Savage does this, it is when we are deep in our own half. It is a good way of clearing the ball. An Arsenal would always play the ball out of trouble or from the ball all through the team. We aren't that good. He did sky one badly, though.

:rover: just breezed through the post's and i cannot believe no one has praised the ref,he had a stormer,every niggly tackle from chelski was blown for.takes some balls at the bridge!! was dissapointed how we played after the hype early on in the week,but a draw at chelski is a well earned point.only one compliant when sparky had enough off benidict he brought on bloody roberts,we needed pace and derbs was the man :brfc:

I mentioned him! I thought Howard Webb had an excellent game.

Apart from a couple of slicing runs, Joe Cole was having a stinker, and thank goodness b/c he had a couple of clear shots at goal...which he wasted (like a player not used to being in the starting XI).

I also would've left Benni on a little longer. He was doing not, but Roberts had no impact either...then brought Derbs on in the final 15.

Oh, and Mr. Referee did have a gem didn't he? I thought Mourinho was going to lose his mind.

Everyone has different opinions on what "World Class" is. For me it's roughly the 5-7 or so best players in each position. In some cases it's more than five, as it's hard to separate players, and then there's many different types of central midfielders and so on.

Archived