BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Larissa (home)

Oh god it's getting closer...I can't bear the thought of us going out tonight.

I'll be very nervous tonight because I can't watch it so I have to imagine.

Sorry I can't be there but those who are make as much noise as you can. :rover:

Come on Rovers make us proud!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alan Nixon reckons it could be the same team as started at Sunderland with the only ? being over the Admiral's return. MGP, Sav and Benni on the bench.

On balance probably the best choice against 4-5-1 with the quality of Tugay available and support around him.

If we are to stick with the same starting eleven as Saturday, I hope we switch Derbyshire into the middle alongside Santa Cruz. No point going one up front in these circumstances.

I think I would even do something a bit more radical and really give them something to think about. I can't see them posing much of an attacking threat tonight and would play 3-4-1-2 with Ooijer being sacrificed and McCarthy dropping off slightly behind the front two.

The more i think about this game the more pumped up i am for it and im changing my mind i think we will win 2-0 and then score another one in et. Benni McCarthy, and Roque Santa Cruz x2 to get the goals and we will march on with our loud crowd chanting Benni McCarthy and then Brad Friedel will chuck his shirt/gloves to the bburn end and Dunn will come up and cheer the crowd.

My team tonight:

Friedel

Emerton   Ooijer   Samba   Warnock

Derbyshire  Mokoena  Tugay  Dunn

Bentley

Santa Cruz

Subs: Brown, Savage, MGP, McCarthy, Rigters, Khizanishvili, Olsson

4-1 :rover:

Santa Cruz x2

Bentley

McCarthy

If we are to stick with the same starting eleven as Saturday, I hope we switch Derbyshire into the middle alongside Santa Cruz. No point going one up front in these circumstances.

I think I would even do something a bit more radical and really give them something to think about. I can't see them posing much of an attacking threat tonight and would play 3-4-1-2 with Ooijer being sacrificed and McCarthy dropping off slightly behind the front two.

I don't recall Hughes ever playing with 3 at the back.

What we might see is an attacking 4-3-3. Saying that I wouldn't expect Hughes to play without 2 out-and-out strikers.

So...prob 4-4-2 but with instructions to push forward at every oppurtunity!

I don't recall Hughes ever playing with 3 at the back.

What we might see is an attacking 4-3-3. Saying that I wouldn't expect Hughes to play without 2 out-and-out strikers.

So...prob 4-4-2 but with instructions to push forward at every oppurtunity!

we will start with a 4-4-2 but keep the wingers further up the pitch and ask the full backs to come up.

Im confident we can turn this around im going for a 3-0 win and McCarthy to finally find some form again. Santa Cruz (2), McCarthy with the goals.

My team would be:

Friedel

Emerton Samba Ooijer Warnock

Bentley Dunn Tugay MGP

Santa Cruz McCarthy

Subs: Brown, Zurab, Ollson, Axe, Savage, Derbs, Rigters

I go in hope rather than expectation. That is not defeatist, it's realism.

Larissa will get at least one good chance. The outcome will depend on whether they take it or not.

Set pieces are crucial - it maters not how many players are behind the ball - a perfect set piece can not be defended.

Archived