BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Larissa (home)

Mods please merge when preview done

As I said in the Brum thread, same result next Thursday and we'll be heading for the Group Stage of the UEFA Cup.

THIS IS TOTALLY ACHIEVABLE

Get yourself down to Ewood! Get your friends down to Ewood! Get your relatives down to Ewood!

Cheer the lads on to glory!

KEEP THE FAITH!

Beta Ray Bill apologises for being too upbeat. He's had a crappy day at work, missed the last possible train he could from Leeds to Blackburn to get to the Carling Cup match, and was feeling rather deflated before tonight's result.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beta Ray Bill apologises for being too upbeat. He's had a crappy day at work, missed the last possible train he could from Leeds to Blackburn to get to the Carling Cup match, and was feeling rather deflated before tonight's result.

Well I'm pleased to see you have a reasonable excuse.

Yes, same approach and attitude and we will go through next week. What we need is an atmosphere to help. Buy the tickets, get to Ewood and sing. The players won't let us down, Sparky has seen to that in the last couple of days.

Doom and gloom alert.....

Not saying it can't be done, but lets be real. When we scored 1 against Brum, they had to attack, since 1-0 meant they were out. That opened up some space to allow us #2 and #3.

Larissa can pack 10 behind the ball, and guess what, even if they give up 2 in regular time.... they still have extra time and pens. Do you think Larissa would feel bad about taking us to pens?

We need to be better about creating chances AND finishing them, to make sure we can do the job at hand.

We need to be better about creating chances AND finishing them, .

This is what worried me before what happened last night - Leverkusen being the prime example from last season.

The away goal doesn't worry me as I genuinely don't believe they will score. If they set up as expected with only x1 up front I can see Hughesy adopting the 3 at the back if required - just hope he doesn't leave it until late on if needs must.

Can we do it ??? - YES WE CAN!!!! (we have to believe)

Doom and gloom alert.....

Not saying it can't be done, but lets be real. When we scored 1 against Brum, they had to attack, since 1-0 meant they were out. That opened up some space to allow us #2 and #3.

Larissa can pack 10 behind the ball, and guess what, even if they give up 2 in regular time.... they still have extra time and pens. Do you think Larissa would feel bad about taking us to pens?

We need to be better about creating chances AND finishing them, to make sure we can do the job at hand.

Very astute assessment.

This is going to be a very hard game to approach. Larissa have shown that they can hurt us so we can't just pummel them or, as Hughesy say, we could get hit on the break and need to get four. I guess we play it tight for the first sixty minutes, hope our quality produces goals and failing that throw the kitchen sink at them.

Make no mistake that we are up against it.

I think we will suffer a harsh exit after playing very well.

Remember that 2nd leg UEFA cup tie during the Souey years (can't remember who it was against) when Corrado Grabbi and Matt Jansen missed glaring chances and despite playing well we couldn't overturn the deficit. That's, imo, what it'll be like. Belatedly gutsy but futile. Hope i'm wrong!

Im really excited about this game. I think it will be totally one sided with many chances but the question is can we put them away. I remember being at ewood a few years ago against the turkish team when we absolutely battered them only to concede an away goal and miss so many chances...grabbi.

The important thing for this one is an atmosphere...i feel like a bit of a tool saying this because its not possible for me to get to ewood during the week at all.....but its only about a fiver....surely we can get at least 20k...sing all the way through and it will make a massive difference...ive got a table reserved for ten people (mostly yanks) in the pub and so il be there in heart.

COME ON ROVERS

Archived