BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Larissa (home)

22,000 @ £1 - £22k

or 15,000 @ £5 - £75k

£1 for everyone wouldnt make sense! And shouldnt be needed. Its a Uefa cup game, between a premier league side and the Greek cup winners. They shouldnt have to give tickets away for pennies! SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22,000 @ £1 - £22k

or 15,000 @ £5 - £75k

£1 for everyone wouldnt make sense! And shouldnt be needed. Its a Uefa cup game, between a premier league side and the Greek cup winners. They shouldnt have to give tickets away for pennies! SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!

Exactly it is a game between a premier league side and the Greek cup winners. A PERFECT time to get fans down to Ewood Park and maybe enjoy it so much they return to watch again. It is not economically viable to do £1 for everyone on any other games this season and we could potentially go out tomorrow. One of the most powerful marketing tools available at the moment is Word of Mouth and Positive word of mouth is every organizations dream.

You say we shouldn’t have to give tickets away for pennies, well how do you suppose we bump up our attendances? The fact of the matter probably is, you could offer a free ticket to a game with a free taxi and a free pie and Bovril at half time and people would still not come and watch their local team.

I do support my team mate and 17 years as a season ticket holder when only 24 proves that. I just want to see a bumper crowd, even Fulham looks full this season.

You only need to look at the official site folks.

Larissa bought 501 advance tickets but a walk on crowd is expected to support them so the Darwen End ticket office will be open. They have beaten Vetra, MyPa, Leverkusen and Salzburg combined apparently!

Rovers fans' sales went past 10,000 last Friday.

Sorry to be picky but none of this makes any sense, and some appears to be plain wrong

Exactly it is a game between a premier league side and the Greek cup winners. A PERFECT time to get fans down to Ewood Park and maybe enjoy it so much they return to watch again. It is not economically viable to do £1 for everyone on any other games this season and we could potentially go out tomorrow. One of the most powerful marketing tools available at the moment is Word of Mouth and Positive word of mouth is every organizations dream.

Why is it economically viable to make this game £1 when it is apparently not viable to do so for other matches?

You say we shouldn’t have to give tickets away for pennies, well how do you suppose we bump up our attendances? The fact of the matter probably is, you could offer a free ticket to a game with a free taxi and a free pie and Bovril at half time and people would still not come and watch their local team.
So if you can't give them away why would charging £1 make a difference? The club have rewarded ST holders for this match and made it a reasonable price for others.

I just want to see a bumper crowd, even Fulham looks full this season.
Rovers attendance is up an average of 2000 this season and we are averaging 1100 more than Fulham. Attendances Link

Im trying to book my tickets on line through the eticket thing but my mate is bringing his cousin with him and i dont know how old his cousin is he looks 15/16 so if i book a kid and hes actually 16 can i settle the difference if the is one at the ticket booth?

I doubt you will have a problem if he does lokk 15 / 16. I think kids stops at age 16. You won't be able to settle up on the gate though - they don't take real money anymore!!!!

You only need to look at the official site folks.

Larissa bought 501 advance tickets but a walk on crowd is expected to support them so the Darwen End ticket office will be open. They have beaten Vetra, MyPa, Leverkusen and Salzburg combined apparently!

Rovers fans' sales went past 10,000 last Friday.

I do wish you'd stop doing that Philip, because it is what is posted on the messageboard not the main site. You've also misunderstood what I wrote. Yes Larissa have sold 501 tickets in advance, but the Darwen End ticket office is open for sales of tickets to Rovers fans for the sale of unreserved seat tickets. I've put that on pretty much every article I've written since Sunday.

We aren't anticipating hoards of Greek fans turning up without tickets on the night of the game, but we'd bloody well love that to be the case for Rovers fans.

I’m absolutely gutted the game’s not on TV, after my 3 sleepless days and nights going to and from the game at Volos while it was being shown on Setanta.. I was praying what I believe will be a dramatic European night would have been on one of the channels.

My heart sank when I realized the return wasn’t going to be shown…dam you.

Everyone lucky enough to be there….you know your duty….become that twelfth man... : ( :brfc:

We aren't anticipating hoards of Greek fans turning up without tickets on the night of the game, but we'd bloody well love that to be the case for Rovers fans.

So how many tickets have been sold to Rovers fans so far Lee? :unsure:

I'm bringing along 3 members of the family who rarely attend and another may be tagging along too. Hopefully that is the case with many other people too :brfc:

Gav, you're getting as bad as SG 164 regarding attendances. Let's not pass the rope round until we know what the attendance actually was.

Agreed...... :P but he has point, if we can pull 18k when already winning against Salz surely we should expect 20k+ when the team really needs our support.....

Well up for this one, although a week ago I couldn't face the prospect of 90 minutes with the Greeks rolling around on the floor and us going out on away goals.............Here's hoping!

I’m absolutely gutted the game’s not on TV, after my 3 sleepless days and nights going to and from the game at Volos while it was being shown on Setanta.. I was praying what I believe will be a dramatic European night would have been on one of the channels.

My heart sank when I realized the return wasn’t going to be shown…dam you.

Everyone lucky enough to be there….you know your duty….become that twelfth man... : ( :brfc:

Not much of a surprise that the game's not on any tv station yet. More of a reasons to give plenty of support on Ewood! Lucky people the ones that will be there, indeed :)

I am looking forward to this game.

Hopefully the Larissa side will be confronted by lovely Blackburn weather

Did you know that Larissa is a moon of Neptune

here

not a lot of people know that

argh. I want to be positive, but this is just the worst result to try and turn around.

We have to go at them from the start though. No "feeling your opponent out", long pointless balloons for 80 minutes then suddenly panicked attacks. They'll just shut up shop from the beginning and drag the game out. I wouldn't mind it if we went with 3 upfront and sacrificed a defender (Ooijer). Yes, it will leave us exposed to a dreaded goal that will pretty much eliminate us on the spot, but it's the only way to give ourselves a chance I think. We have to make them play at a premiership pace they cannot match.

I read that George Donis is expected to go with 5 in midfield.

Will be interesting to see what formation Sparky goes with and whether he thinks MGP and Benni have recovered form sufficiently to warrant starting positions. Well, of critical importance more than just interesting.

Feeling very nervous ahead of this one. Sticking with my 3-1 prediction and a Rovers' exit I am afraid.

For all the evidence pointing to the contrary, my Greek friends still believe there will be a lot more than 500 fellow-countrymen at Ewood tonight.

Lets be optimistic and somewhat realistic. Larrisa are a poor side. Their current league form is poor.

They will have to play well to keep Rovers at bay. We'll create chances and an early goal might cause them to panic. This is one of the most exciting games at Ewood in a while and I am sure the atmosphere tonight will be electric.

Lets be optimistic and somewhat realistic. Larrisa are a poor side. Their current league form is poor.

They will have to play well to keep Rovers at bay. We'll create chances and an early goal might cause them to panic. This is one of the most exciting games at Ewood in a while and I am sure the atmosphere tonight will be electric.

My view exactly. They're an average squad in Greece at the best. Their usual form away looking at last year's table is not impressive but add that a roaring Ewood and they should have one more disadvantage. An early goal might be the key to a good night in Europe. If we don't manage to score by half time...all is not lost, but they should gain extra confidence.

I read that George Donis is expected to go with 5 in midfield.

If that's the case I expect to see Samba and the Admiral have great games stepping out from defence, particularly Samba. When those lanky legs start moving it's difficult to see how you can get a tackle in!

Archived