BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Larissa (home)

The biggest problem for us, is the fact that even if we score, they still wont need to attack us.

In actuality, even if we score 2, they barely need to come out of their shell, since a 2-0 result sends us to extra time and pens.

I have a feeling we'll create chances, but I have this dread that we'll waste enough of them so that we'll either fail to score 2, or we'll only get two and elave it to pens, which, even with Brad in the sticks, is a worrying thought.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i wont we should be getting over 20,000 for this game, with us all singing ATTACK ATTACK

And yelling SHOOOOT! whenever a Rover approaches 30 yards of the goal. :lol:

Silly it seems, but Rovers do need to attack from every angle. None of this dribble the ball into the net nonsense. Hit 'em hard and fast!

Just received a text message from Rovers plugging Thursdays game. It's good to see they are trying different methods in trying to get people into the ground.

Let's hope there's a few more on than normal The crowd will need to be in top form and get behind the players as I feel this could be tougher than some people think.

I'd be happy to take it to extra time and then throw everything we've got at them. If we get an early goal then I think this puts us in a strong position for the rest of the game. I'm pretty confident that they are going to sit back and hope to catch us on the counter attack but they can also afford to go all and try to get the crucial away goal which will almost surely see them through. I can't wait for this game.

I'd be happy to take it to extra time and then throw everything we've got at them. If we get an early goal then I think this puts us in a strong position for the rest of the game. I'm pretty confident that they are going to sit back and hope to catch us on the counter attack but they can also afford to go all and try to get the crucial away goal which will almost surely see them through. I can't wait for this game.

6-1 to Rovers,and marching on into the group stages in style.

Get Tugay in from the start,it's his sort of game,and get Peders back,hungry and mean.Rovers best form of defence has always been to attack,so let's go for it.Hit 'em hard early,and don't letthem out of their box.

Get Tugay in from the start,it's his sort of game,and get Peders back,hungry and mean.Rovers best form of defence has always been to attack,so let's go for it.Hit 'em hard early,and don't letthem out of their box.

Well said mate. :rover:

I'M NOT OBSESSED WITH GATES, I'M NOT OBSESSED WITH GATES..........

I'm a little worried about the lack of information coming out of the club regarding ticket sales for Thursday. Normally we'd have been told by now if a bumper crowd was expected so maybe ticket sales have been poor.

If the public can't get up for this one they'll not get up for anything.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't sell 20k.

Just got a text from the club reminding me the game is on and the ticket prices etc. Long time, possibly first time, since I've had one of those. Good idea.

Big question of this game is whether we stick with the 451 or go 442? We need the goals but we have looked stronger in the 451...

Personally I would go 451 for the first half but essentially just park Mokoena in front of the defence and let the res of the midfield batter Larissa in support of Cruz. If that isn't working sling on some strikers in the second half.

If we play with the standard 442 without the axe I think we might get hit hard on the break.

Ultimately I think we should slip through after extra time... (heres hoping!)

I took new gf last week against Brum and we won 3-0. I am making her attend again... :P haha

I'd stick with the 4-5-1 formation we've been playing and go with the same team that started on Saturday expect with Pedersen in for Derbyshire and move Dunn onto the right.

I'M NOT OBSESSED WITH GATES, I'M NOT OBSESSED WITH GATES..........

I'm a little worried about the lack of information coming out of the club regarding ticket sales for Thursday. Normally we'd have been told by now if a bumper crowd was expected so maybe ticket sales have been poor.

If the public can't get up for this one they'll not get up for anything.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't sell 20k.

Gav, you're getting as bad as SG 164 regarding attendances. Let's not pass the rope round until we know what the attendance actually was.

I don't expect anything like 20k but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised in that respect. After the performance we put up in the first leg I fully understand why anyone would NOT go tomorrow night, however if we can somehow turn it round, it will be one of THE great night's football at Ewood so anyone choosing not to go will be really missing out. You have been warned!

As for the game itself, I can see us playing well and salvaging some pride but I fear it will be just beyond us. We haven't shown ourselves adept at unlocking opposition who pile bodies behind the ball in the past and they'll be employing every spoiling and time wasting tactic known to man.

Hope I'm wrong, because if I am it will be a truly special night and will have a huge positive spin off for the rest of the season!.

I am soooo hoping for a win tomorrow. It will be pretty embarassing getting knocked out at this stage by Larissa. However, the plus point is i think we will finish higher in the league if we do go out, so not all is lost.

With regards to the ticket sales, i think the prices are good but not great. I really wish they had gone all out and made it a £1 for everyone.

The marketing is too busy for me, at the bottom of the LET last night was a banner ad for the Larissa game, the smallest part of the ad was the fact that the ticket price was £5 - personally i think the ad should have been simple, large and straight to the point.

Something like: UEFA CUP FOOTBALL ONLY £1, SUPPORT YOUR TOWN TEAM!!!!! Then a emblem in the corner. I would expect 22 - 25,000 with them prices and that ad.

I should think 90% of season ticket holders would take up the offer of £5 for a euro night, even if it's only Larissa. It could be our last chance to see euro football for a long time, who knows? So that's around 13,000 people. Chuck in around 3-4,000 walk ons so that gives you 16,000 ish, maybe more depending on the weather etc. The edge of knockout football should motivate some casuals also. But nobody absolutely nobody should use the price as a reason not to go. Bonkers.

Archived