• Tugay
    • Savage
    • Dunn
    • Santa Cruz
    • McCarthy

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a table in The Independent today which shows how each Premiership team has performed in the matches immediately after an international break since the beginning of last season. We are 19th, having drawn 5, lost 3 and won none of our eight games. Not sure what this says but it would be nce to end the run tomorrow.

Really quite looking forward to this match,I think mainly due to it being a Saturday 3pm kick off. A win should be within our grasp, but that was the case against Portsmouth. If do get the three points we will be in a great position for the winter push.

Reading expect to bring around 400 fans, and the Hob Nob fans site has a very pessimistic set of members on ...

Royals org

The site is done in frames, so just click on Interaction Index and then HNA? Discussion Boards for the index. Rovers preview in there.

The more I look at this game, the more it feels like the typical match where Rovers stub their toe.

Reading has given up more goals than any team but Derby.

Reading have only 1 away point all season so far.

Other than ManU games, Rovers gaves have the fewest aggregate goals this season so far

Sonko is playing his first game back from injury, therefore a certain goalscorer vs. Rovers

Obviously this is heading for us to suffer a 5-0 stuffing for no apparent reason other than the fact that everything else tells us the oppostie should occur.

If they were currently in the bottom three I'd make sure to be in hiding during the match, because it would be the perfect storm for doom and gloom. surprised I've not seen more of that to be honest.

I think it's a massive boost to have Santa fit. :tu:

We need to keep winning because we've had a great start in the league and we could finish in the TOP FOUR after today's matches if Pompey and Liverpool slip up. :rover:

I think we'll beat Reading but it could be close 1 or 2-0 with Santa scoring goal/s. :brfc:

This is one of them games that puts you into a false sense, we are more than capable of beating Reading but there always a doubt that it could all go Pete Tong.

Having Nelsen back is a a massive boost and if Santa plays as well then we should take the points.

ROVERS: Friedel ©, Emerton, Ooijer, Samba, Warnock, Bentley, Tugay, Dunn, Savage, McCarthy, Santa Cruz. Subs: Brown (GK), Pedersen, Khizanishvili, Mokoena, Derbyshire.

READING: Hahnemann, Murty ©, Shorey, Sonko, Hunt, Kitson, Harper, Rosenior, Fae, Bikey, Duberry. Subs: Federici (GK), Ingimarsson, Gunnarsson, Lita, Doyle.

From the official site.

ROVERS: Friedel ©, Emerton, Ooijer, Samba, Warnock, Bentley, Tugay, Dunn, Savage, McCarthy, Santa Cruz. Subs: Brown (GK), Pedersen, Khizanishvili, Mokoena, Derbyshire.

READING: Hahnemann, Murty ©, Shorey, Sonko, Hunt, Kitson, Harper, Rosenior, Fae, Bikey, Duberry. Subs: Federici (GK), Ingimarsson, Gunnarsson, Lita, Doyle.

From the official site.

Tugay again - dont agree with that.

On present form, I'd play Tugay ahead of MGP, especially as we have just had a two week break.

Obviously going for an attacking 4-4-2. Looks like Bentley out wide right where he should be to keep Shorey occupied. Hopefully Tugay will be far enough forwards to play the killer balls but if Sav goes headless chicken, Reading could have an empty midfield to run through.

Back to 4-4-2 or how Santa and Benni fit together to the new system?

4-4-2 I agree with but having Tugay starting isnt right. Dunn should be in the middle and stick Ped back on the left. He has been given the warning shot now that he isnt big enough to drop so should come back in. Tugay should be used in the last 15 to open things up - if needed. If not needed thats when we bring the Axe on - simple really

READING: Hahnemann, Murty ©, Shorey, Sonko, Hunt, Kitson, Harper, Rosenior, Fae, Bikey, Duberry.

I like Reading; they play good football, work hard and have some good players, but for me the side we are up against today is the definition of average. If we don't beat this lot then we will have let three points pass us by.

Archived