• Ooijer
    • Warnock
    • Bentley
    • Tugay
    • Savage
    • Dunn
    • Santa Cruz
    • McCarthy

Funnily enough as I was walking down the stairs at full time there was a fella in front of me saying something along these lines. Just no pleasing some people!

It was kind of tounge in cheek - read my whole post again rather than just the rubbish list and you will see I said it to put the jinx on so that they play ace - if you know what I mean (It was down to the fact that I said before the game that Tugay shouldnt start and Ped should and Beta Ray Bill asked if I could say it every week)

But nevermind :ph34r:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was kind of tounge in cheek - read my whole post again rather than just the rubbish list and you will see I said it to put the jinx on so that they play ace - if you know what I mean (It was down to the fact that I said before the game that Tugay shouldnt start and Ped should and Beta Ray Bill asked if I could say it every week)

But nevermind :ph34r:

I think she got it, Cocker...

We had quality throughout the team and we were very mobile, and Samba (who IMO was MOM by a mile) looked like Beckenbaur on speed!!

Don't agree at all there I'm afraid. Way too many crosses were allowed the cardinal sin of hitting the ground in the pen area, also Reading had a point blank header saved by Brad and another hit the post before we gave away two headed goals for Samba to be considered MoM imo.

RSC or Emerton were far better choices for me.

I thought in general play MGP did OK when he come on. However as I mentioned earlier he was at fault for both goals with individual mistakes which could have proved costly. To be fair he's far from a liabilty in defensive situations normally but had we drawn 2-2 he would be coming in for bucketloads of flack.

I didn't pick it up till MOTD, but MGP was quite clearly fouled for their first goal.

Don't what to talk about the second half as it annoyed me immensely and is one of my biggest irks in not killing teams off - but the first half top notch. -but can we stop giving goals away!!!

Anyway, difficult to pick a MOM as there where some very good displays all over the pitch.

:blink: jer I thought had a very good game - if only he could kick the ball with his left peg

Emerton was quality, as was Tugay/Benni/Samba but for me it has to be Santa his touch and control are unbelievable and his workrate is just remarkable for a striker.

Bentley needs to learn how to pass again.

:rover: was really worried before saturdays game,thought we might get turned over but once again hughes did the business for us.on motd they even had the cheek to say santa was going for goal when he set benny up,from my view in the riverside it was a brilliant lay off.i too thought santa was struggling before h/time and derbs would get a run in the second half,but obviously it was not related to his previous problem!!!my heart sinks when oojer is named in the team,clean sheets and andre do not come hand in hand :brfc:

I didn't pick it up till MOTD, but MGP was quite clearly fouled for their first goal.

Yes, Doyle pushed him then headed it. MGP was trying to get in front of him as Doyle gave him a shove at the perfect moment; for him.

Don't what to talk about the second half as it annoyed me immensely and is one of my biggest irks in not killing teams off - but the first half top notch. -but can we stop giving goals away!!!

We killed them off after Tugay's goal. We had no need to play any more.

My thoughts on the game was that we have played some great attacking football all season, the only difference on saturday was that we took our chances, unlike against Pompey and everton.

Emerton, McCarthy & Cruz were top class. Samba was very good, as was Ooijer (Yes honestly), Bentley, Tugay & Dunn.

If we can beat Tottenham then we will be really in the mix. City play Chelsea - Liverpool play Arsenal, so it could be a very interesting weekend if we pick up the right result.

Have to add, that although MGP was partly at fault for the first goal, Sav was equally to blame in my eyes. He was playing that "zone" just off the near post to head away the low driven cross, and he turned to watch a low driven corner zoom past his blonde mop and onto Doyle's head. If he steps out and heads that away, Mgp landing like a sack of potatoes means nothing.

Fairplay to MGP though, he bounced back from the first goal to work well with Derbs to get the pen. Imagine the nerves if that game became 3-2?

As for why we are rubbish in the air defensively, I was shocked at not only the marking, but the choices of who to mark. Duberry seemed to be their preferred aerial target, so Samba was marking him, right... I saw a few closeups where Samba was marking Lita on Corners, although I think Samba WAS marking Duberry when he headed off the bar. On Doyle's header for goal, he's marked by MGP? okay, they have 3 strikers on, and the big lads from the back are up as well, but you are telling me that MGP is a good enough defender to stick on a poacher like Doyle in the box in that case.... I think THAT might be where we miss the Admiral the most, especially since it wasn't like Reading were taking quick corners trying to take advantage of the confusion.

We killed them off after Tugay's goal. We had no need to play any more.

No we didn't as they came back in the second half- had the shot from Lita or the header from Duberry done more damage we would have had the shakers on us similar to Brum

The game is for 90 mins not 45 - and as it showed we are not backward at coming forward and making it easy for teams to score against us which has bben the case in nearly every game we have played this season.

I'm sure Brad was well chuffed as well. <_<

The word used to describe Dunny's performance was outstanding from Revidge blue, to match outstanding with the raw reality of the performance of David Dunn yesterday for me doesnt go the two where are totally independent of one another and have nothing in common whatsoever .

Good to average maybe but outstanding no way your having a laugh :rolleyes:

what a prat you are Jal, why do u always knock Dunn, he was class on saturday and you have to admit it.

what a prat you are Jal, why do u always knock Dunn, he was class on saturday and you have to admit it.

Fanatastic through ball to Santa for the second goal, top class but....

Why was Dunny subbed again if he was class, for me his game went from average to good then back to average then stayed on that level for too long until the manager duly substituted him.

If my opinion is out of sync with yours but in line with Mark Hughes then fine we'll just have agree to disagree.

As for the second half performance overall i was very disappointed with it, it was to casual too slack and in the end we lost the second half only Samba and Santa for me came out with any credit.

Fanatastic through ball to Santa for the second goal, top class but....

Why was Dunny subbed again if he was class, for me his game went from average to good then back to average then stayed on that level for too long until the manager duly substituted him.

If my opinion is out of sync with yours but in line with Mark Hughes then fine we'll just have agree to disagree.

As for the second half performance overall i was very disappointed with it, it was to casual too slack and in the end we lost the second half only Samba and Santa for me came out with any credit.

are u taking the p--- or something?, The game was all but over at half time, so u can't fault the lads stepping down a gear or two, to save them selves for further games. That is why Dunn was subbed, to rest him for the big games that are coming up not becasue he was not playing well.

The 1st half performance was one of the best i have seen at ewood for some time, and you still bloody moan.

Archived