• Tugay
    • Savage
    • Dunn
    • Santa Cruz
    • McCarthy

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4-4-2 I agree with but having Tugay starting isnt right. Dunn should be in the middle and stick Ped back on the left. He has been given the warning shot now that he isnt big enough to drop so should come back in. Tugay should be used in the last 15 to open things up - if needed. If not needed thats when we bring the Axe on - simple really

I don't agree with bringing Tugay on as substitution in preference against starting a match. When you want to change a game, it makes more sense to bring on a more pacey player who can use his energy to put pressure on the opposition. For someone like Tugay, most of the time if you want to play him he should start, so he can settle into the game and work out where to play the ball. One man's opinion and all that...

Anyway, good work McCarthy. Now let's sell the lazy @#/?. :ph34r: ;):brfc:

And well done Santa Cruz. He is a gun!

Excellent first half. Tugay is a legend. After the first goal, Reading stuck their no. 22 to man-mark him which lasted a few minutes until we scored the second and then he went missing. Cue Toogs with his annual special! Not really surprised about the second half - very difficult to have the same attitude when you are 3-0 up at half-time but I thought Warnock going off was part of the reason they got a couple - for me he's an unsung hero in this side - it seems we definitely got the better deal when Lucas went. Overall, great to watch a winning game ON A SATURDAY for a change!

4-4-2 I agree with but having Tugay starting isnt right. Dunn should be in the middle and stick Ped back on the left. He has been given the warning shot now that he isnt big enough to drop so should come back in. Tugay should be used in the last 15 to open things up - if needed. If not needed thats when we bring the Axe on - simple really

Can you make comments about other Rovers players not being worthy to start in the next few weeks, might work wonders again! :)

A really sound performance by Rovers - bar some strange defending on their first goal. Benni looked up for it, if Santa has dodgy knees then I wouldn't mind having dodgy knees, Emerton again looked confident, Dunn played well, Samba was immense and Ooijer was solid throughout.

Difficult to call a MoM but think Toogs gets my vote just.

For 25 minutes Rovers looked like they were capable of doing a Portsmouth and putting 7 in the onion bag. Such was their dominance, I thought Reading were poor in the first half.

Without dwelling too much, I missed the reading goals and the Rovers penalty due to being called in to work, but hey it was a welcome 3 points.

I have been a Tugay critic in recent weeks, and aside from an odd pass today he did okay. I say okay and then we saw the masterpiece of what he has been about over the years. For those of you who have not seen it, it was TUGAYESQUE. A quality strike from 30 yards that left Hannaman floudnering like a Burnley keeper. That goal was simply brilliant.

I was impressed with Savages efforts, no headless chicken and no rash challenges. Dunny ran himself into the ground and we saw two excellent strikes from our centre forwards.

Thats another win, another 3 points and top 6 placing for the weekend. I am pleased as punch and with spuds, liverpoo and manure on the bounce sandwiched between a cup game at Pompy, we couldnt have it any better could we ??

:brfc:

Rovers are playing some fine entertaining football at the moment...we cant ask for anymore!

:rover:

Can't say about the entertainment as I can't get to watch many matches, but the reports are pointing that way. The real success is when they're fun to watch AND getting all the points, like today.

However I feel pretty confident we won't lose. And that Benni will step up to the plate with a brace.

:rover:

Just watched the game now. Excellent result!

Shame we lost the second half though. That was a downer after an amazing first half where Reading had forgotten to turn up. The scoreline is still flattering for them. I thought their last goal was never a corner - the linesman, who was 30cm away from the situation, indicated a goalkick but the ref gave them the corner regardless! Maybe he felt it was unfair that Santa was only giving Rovers gifts..

Looks like I missed the game of the season! It was a wierd feeling not being at a home game but it was a long term prior engagement so not much i could do :(

It's great to see so many positive reports... Tugay - What can I say? Well i'm looking forward to watching MOTD (even though we will probably be shown at the end.

Archived