BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup Qtr Fnl. Home To Arsenal

Surely with our strong squad, we could always rest Samba/Nelsen. As it is unrealistic to think Samba will be continously amazing in every game. Every young player needs a bit of time out at some point.

The point is, we don't have that strong a squad, or we could change our personnel when certain players are going through a shyte patch of form.

I think Zurab is a decent defender. But he will rusty as hell if he plays against Chelsea. Additionally, Derbs last night, can hardly be expected to be sharp when he has been out for so long. I thought he did ok. I like the running he does off the ball and think Tugay would love picking him out, because he seems to create space for himself and take defenders with him (creating space for others).

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Roberts on the bench? The last ten minutes we had Samba up front, whilst a Premiership striker kept his coat on the sat on the bench? If he was not going to be used, why not have had Tugay on ready to run the game in extra time?

I agree that seems completely bizarre but I'm not certain Mark Hughes can be blamed for that.

Don't know if it's true but I have certainly heard a suggestion that the manager has been instructed to not to pick Roberts which if true I think is completely outrageous, regardless of whether the plan is to sell Roberts in Jan.

I agree that seems completely bizarre but I'm not certain Mark Hughes can be blamed for that.

Don't know if it's true but I have certainly heard a suggestion that the manager has been instructed to not to pick Roberts which if true I think is completely outrageous, regardless of whether the plan is to sell Roberts in Jan.

Can teams that want to buy someone and already have a verbal agreemnet, request players not to be played?

Have to disagree with most of the Savage bashing on here, thought he was excellent second half and for the first time in a couple of months our overall play in the second half reached the high tempo it can when we're playing at our best. (Despite the fact we lost that aspect in extra time)

So if we can manage TWO halves like that against Chelski shorn of Drogba and Terry, we might start to see the green shoots of recovery.

Thats got to be a load of rubbish. If he was not allowed to pick him then surely Richters or someone else would have been on the bench.

Having calmed down and watched the video we clearly had enough chances to win that game.

Got to say it was a very good night`s entertainment at Ewood last night. A pity the attendance was low. Dont know about anyone else but not sure how 16,000 were on as it looked virtually empty on TV. Memorable moments were the dozens of fans who were leaving the ground after 90 minutes only to be reminded that it was extra time! The support for the lads was trmendous last night; mainly because the ones who bothered to turn up were right behind the team; just like the old days when the hangerson were not present.

That`s why I`m a little surprised at the criticism some players are getting. Nelsen I thought was nearing his best; Savage and Gamst were OK but to blame Friedel as some have done is just daft. I would play Roberts with Santa but only if he wants to perform and not sulk as he has done recently.

I`m not expecting too much on Sunday but just hope we compete like we did in the second half.

Get real Simon. Hughes signed a new long term deal less than a month ago. Do you really think he agreed to sign subject to "instructions"?????!

Get real Simon. Hughes signed a new long term deal less than a month ago. Do you really think he agreed to sign subject to "instructions"?????!

I can't say for certain there is any truth in the rumour but either way it would have no relevance whatsoever to the contract extension as it was something which allegedly cropped up prior to the Wigan game.

Memorable moments were the dozens of fans who were leaving the ground after 90 minutes only to be reminded that it was extra time!

In the JW this was because everyone made a dash to the toilets at FT, not because we didn't know there was extra time. The loos were rammed while the teams changed round.

I can't say for certain there is any truth in the rumour but either way it would have no relevance whatsoever to the contract extension as it was something which allegedly cropped up prior to the Wigan game.

Then why have him on the bench :!:

Have to disagree with most of the Savage bashing on here, thought he was excellent second half and for the first time in a couple of months our overall play in the second half reached the high tempo it can when we're playing at our best. (Despite the fact we lost that aspect in extra time)

So if we can manage TWO halves like that against Chelski shorn of Drogba and Terry, we might start to see the green shoots of recovery.

I'm with you on that one, can't understand the stick he's getting either.

Even at Wigan our intensity moved up a notch in the second half when Savage started his customary chasing down. There's far more deserving causes for Rovers fans' ire on that pitch at the moment that's for sure.

The stick that Sav got was out of order, his 2nd half display was his old self, it fired a few others up and the tempo went up with it, spookily enough we were then a threat and their passing game went to rat pooh, we were in with a shout (Which is more than can be said for most matches lately!)

:rover: we have to many players playing below par at the moment,i blame the intertoto personally but what has happened to

1-NELSEN not recovered from his injury,looks a yard slower and lost his coolness

2-SAMBA posted elsewhere his 5 year contract has gone to his head

3-WARNOCK my liverpoo mate always said he made too many mistakes

4-PEDERSEN i feel sorry for him,wilcox the 2nd needs a rest

5-MACARTHY will we be able to get a decent fee.like porto did,dummy out off pram :brfcsmilie:

I meant to mention this on my moan earlier on this thread.

I was sick of the referee blowing his whistle for virtually any physical contact that was made in the game. If you tried to tackle someone, the majority of times he blew and gave a free kick. There were one or two exceptions, but what made it worse was that these tended to be actual fouls!

It infuriates me to verbal expletives when it happens, because the game just becomes stop start all the time, and has no flow at all. Really spoils the game as a spectacle for me. Does me head in, it really does.

Cracking Draw. Wenger isn't going to risk any of his precious stars on a cold and wet night in lancashire, and im sure as hell we can kick his youngsters of the park. Given the chance this is the draw i would have chosen.

Cracking draw indeed ! Nice to see your first team being made to look like the bunch of lumbering buffoons that they truly are. Thanks for the entertainment !

You were better than us for 30 minutes, but in the second half we showed your team for what it was...a bunch of kids. That isn't taking away from the fact that you have some very talented kids there and some of them will turn into great players, but if you took that impression away from the game then you weren't watching the same one.

Sorry, gooner, but that kind of attitude is not necessary.

Your club is one of the richest in the world, so you would be expected to have a decent second squad.

It was a good game, and you have some very talented players. However, you do need other teams to play against, and they too have fans who love their club. No need to disrespect those clubs.

Shame Matt Jasen is not still around - what was the score back then - oh yes, 4-0 Rovers.

Cheers.

Cracking draw indeed ! Nice to see your first team being made to look like the bunch of lumbering buffoons that they truly are. Thanks for the entertainment !

If you take the time to read this thread you will find plenty of praise for the very talented young team you have at Arsenal. If you watched the game you will also know that in the second half we gave your lads a real run for the money. Your side were great to watch, so were Rovers it was a great game of football. Your attitude does your club no credit at all and shows you to be the buffoon rather than our team. I suggest you grow up a little if you want to have adult conversation.

I meant to mention this on my moan earlier on this thread.

I was sick of the referee blowing his whistle for virtually any physical contact that was made in the game. If you tried to tackle someone, the majority of times he blew and gave a free kick. There were one or two exceptions, but what made it worse was that these tended to be actual fouls!

It infuriates me to verbal expletives when it happens, because the game just becomes stop start all the time, and has no flow at all. Really spoils the game as a spectacle for me. Does me head in, it really does.

Agreed.

The 1-1 draw at the start of the season was very much the same. I think it is more a case of select refereeing toward Arsenal in particular. I never see quite the same when any of the other top four play, but referees seem to be sucked in to the Arsenal game plan of diving disgracefully at the slightest bump. Either that, or they know that their name might be spread accross the tabloids for "failing to control disgusting Blackburn" if they referee it any differently.

Archived