BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Likely Transfer Window Targets

Am I the only one who thinks Koumas wouldn't be such a bad signing? Admittedly I am basing my opinion of him on one game, the play off final. He was West Brom's biggest threat that day and I thought he had started the season quite well for Wigan.

He has the ability to dribble past players at decent pace, something no one at the Rovers can do, and he would provide competition for MGP, which I am sure everyone can see would be a good thing!

However, I would rather we focused our attention on a central midfielder.

I like Koumas. He can play central midfield - but would also put a bit more pressure on MGP on the left. I thought Nicko said that we were offered him - and turned them down though.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like Koumas. He can play central midfield - but would also put a bit more pressure on MGP on the left. I thought Nicko said that we were offered him - and turned them down though.

I would think that if Hughes thought he was any good he would have moved for him a long time ago, as he must have seen enough of him in the Welsh squad

If Hughes fancied Koumas I would have thought he'd have gone for him when he'd fell out with brian Robson and was on loan at Cardiff. I just don't think Hughes wants him. However desperation in that position and a lack of midfield oppurtunities out there might change his mind.

If Hughes fancied Koumas I would have thought he'd have gone for him when he'd fell out with brian Robson and was on loan at Cardiff. I just don't think Hughes wants him. However desperation in that position and a lack of midfield oppurtunities out there might change his mind.

Anelka was Signed by BFS for £8 M, and they sell him for £14.

Good business I might say!

Except for 20-odd million they lose when they get relegated...

Actually though, I agree with you, because frankly you know with Anelka you will only get a year or so before the sulks start so it is good business. I just can't see where they will get their goals from though

Except for 20-odd million they lose when they get relegated...

Actually though, I agree with you, because frankly you know with Anelka you will only get a year or so before the sulks start so it is good business. I just can't see where they will get their goals from though

If you compare Anelka to a stock, that is quite a good business. Circa 40% Profit!

That's because he is a good player. £5.5m is a snip of what he could be worth in 2 or 3 years.

'could'?

So 5.5 mill to buy him plus 4.5 mill per annum for 3 years modes? Thats 19 bloody million! Do you really think we'd get that back? I don't cos by then he could walk away for free! Thats not 19m ...... thats 19m gone up in smoke.

Oh and btw what would we tell the rest of the players who would all want 90 grand a week too?

Archived