BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Likely Transfer Window Targets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Correct me if I am wrong but aren't our "seasoned" players the one in tatters, they seem to be the one most of the criticism is levelled at. Nelsen, McCarthy, Mokoena, MGP

No you are quiet correct but would it help them to be dropped for a youngster. I am all for the youth getting a chance so subing the seniors for the youngsters is the way to go.

Now didnt someone ask about whys its not a derby ;)

'could'?

So 5.5 mill to buy him plus 4.5 mill per annum for 3 years modes? Thats 19 bloody million! Do you really think we'd get that back? I don't cos by then he could walk away for free! Thats not 19m ...... thats 19m gone up in smoke.

Oh and btw what would we tell the rest of the players who would all want 90 grand a week too?

He would add stability to our very shaky defence. If he gets us into europe for those 3 years or even helps win us a cup then the investment is well worthwhile. Should he then move on for £10-15m it's a worthwhile gamble, but that's what football is a gamble. He could get a career ending injury tomorrow or he could go on to be the most valuable football asset in the world.

You tell them what you tell everyone who earns less than someone else at the club. I don't think it's suddenly going to change the fact that Emerton wants the same wages as Benni. It's man management some players are more valuable than others. Unless Mokoena gets 90k a week then it's the end of the world.

I doubt he would get 90k a week anyway. It's like those figures that flew around saying Savage was earning something near 40k a week. All figures plucked out of the air.

From what he is saying he wants to play first team football, otherwise why not sit it out at chelsea or arsenal for a season or 2 and wait for your chance. I don't think this desire for a move is purely money based at all.

That's because he is a good player. £5.5m is a snip of what he could be worth in 2 or 3 years.

But Modes, the £5.5m becomes irrelevant when his wages are that high. We could make up the transfer fee, but our wage structure couldn't accomodate him on those wages and we'd be losing money hand over fist. Even our improved contract offer to Bellamy was far less than £90k a week and I think you'll agree that Bellamy has proven himself far more than Diarra.

We won't be touching him with a 10 foot barge pole.

Well, we don't really know what wages he is on. I really doubt that he is on huge wages, I would think somewhere in the 15-20k a week region. Of course that is no small some, but when you consider that we just sold a player who was on somewhere around 40k a week, we could easily give him a good offer that would be well below our own top earners and would probably be around what the majority of our first team regulars earn. I see no area of this deal that appears to lack financial sense by footballing standards.

Well, we don't really know what wages he is on. I really doubt that he is on huge wages, I would think somewhere in the 15-20k a week region.

Are we talking about Diarra? I'd imagine he's on more than that - I'd have thought nearer 25/30 - but I'm just guessing too.

I dont think Mark Hughes looked anything other than negative during that press conference :unsure:

No money, no potential decent signings and a look of resignation of getting on with what he has got !

That's exactly what I thought. One of Hughes' skills has been bringing players in and working with them to reach their potential. He's done that and transformed Rovers from relegation fodder into a club who qualify for Europe. Now he needs a new challenge and if its going to be pushing to become an established top 6 club challenging for the Champions League he's realising this season that that simply isnt going to happen at Rovers. We did our spending in the summer and Santa Cruz was a great signing, but we need fresh blood now - esp midfield - if we're to enjoy a good second half of the season. Hughes knows that the 1.5 million from the sale of Savage isnt going to go far in today's market. He said as much in that press conference.

As always our best bet remains conjuring up an unknown player like Samba or Nelsen from nowhere and hoping he adjusts quickly to the Premiership. If we're being linked with Cisse & Koumas those are precisely the sort of players Rovers needs but it seems even the likes of Wigan, Sunderland & Derby have got more money than us at the moment so no wonder Hughes is frustrated!

I dont think Mark Hughes looked anything other than negative during that press conference :unsure:

No money, no potential decent signings and a look of resignation of getting on with what he has got !

Whilst I'm not in the habit of agreeing with you, on this occasion I must. He appeared a man frustrated, he laboured the lack of resources point on many occasions. We desperately need some form of new investment, or the only way is down.

Well, we don't really know what wages he is on. I really doubt that he is on huge wages, I would think somewhere in the 15-20k a week region. Of course that is no small some, but when you consider that we just sold a player who was on somewhere around 40k a week, we could easily give him a good offer that would be well below our own top earners and would probably be around what the majority of our first team regulars earn. I see no area of this deal that appears to lack financial sense by footballing standards.

I'm aware that the press is known to hugly exaggerate in these circumstances, but I'm not sure they would print that a player were demading wages £70 - £75k a week more than what he is on at the moment.

I'd suggest he is being paid in the £30 - £40k a week range. Before Flamini raised his game so spectacularly, I'd have thought Wenger envisioned Diarra as a long term replacement for Gilberto and that he would have been, if not a first team regular, than an influential squad player with far more appearances than he currently has under his belt. It wouldn't surprise me if he were on pretty big wages.

I have had enough of having no cash so…... I wrote a letter.

Just wrote a long winded and in-depth email to Bill Gates through a Microsoft Chairman that works with the Navy. Made a good case for Microsoft buying Blackburn, fingers crossed. :D

I DID write the letter.

the fact of the matter is blackburn do need a takeover to go that one step further..but do potential buyers see blackburn as a place to make money-because i wouldnt...we need another jack walker-in it for the love of the club..

dave whelan should sell wigan and buy blackburn-he is a blackburn fan...

the fact of the matter is blackburn do need a takeover to go that one step further..but do potential buyers see blackburn as a place to make money-because i wouldnt...we need another jack walker-in it for the love of the club..

dave whelan should sell wigan and buy blackburn-he is a blackburn fan...

I went the brand identification route.

Anyone read The Daily Mail today?

In a portuguese newspaper it is mentioned an article in DM that reports that Tottenham is preparing a €5.2 million bid for Maniche. That would be around £3.5 million. It would be a great signing for Rovers. And maybe Benni can help Maniche decide for Rovers.

Anyone read The Daily Mail today?

In a portuguese newspaper it is mentioned an article in DM that reports that Tottenham is preparing a €5.2 million bid for Maniche. That would be around £3.5 million. It would be a great signing for Rovers. And maybe Benni can help Maniche decide for Rovers.

I'm not so sure I'd let Benni give the club a reference to be honest ;)

But nah I get your point, Maniche is the kind of player we should be going in for.

Just had a response. :o

"We are forwarding your very interesting proposal to the appropriate department."

Hope this is investment department and not the investigation department. :unsure:

If it works I'll write a letter to our new chairman demanding that the riverside be renamed the Rebelmswar Microsoft Investment Stand, catchy eh! :rover:

Archived