BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Likely Transfer Window Targets

I can understand that every football supporter talks about well known named players potentially joining their club especially in this forum but for me todays Rovers should be looking at the unknown stars of tomorrow not yesterdays hero.

If Hughes thinks he and his team are of the highest calibre then thats were their focus should be, if they have people out there being proactive watching the millions of young footballers they should not be dreaming of an invite to manage Newcastle United.

If the young talent isnt being identified and coming through questions MUST BE ASKED to why not they are all paid extremely good money. Saying its getting harder isnt an excuse they must pull their finger out collectively and make it happen

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see us snap up steven pienaar on a permanent basis at the end of the season.maybe get him ahead of everton.also why did we not try and get sidwell on loan.if sunderland were in the mix,surely he would have jumped at the chance to play for us instead.Gilberto would be another good loan signing,but whether he would come to us is another story.but we need to show more ambition.

Amdy Faye.......On loan from charlton at rangers. Cant get a game. Nuff Said.

Sidwell available on loan...What are we doing?? Are we blind? Come on Sparky, we know you can spot a bargain but its not in the form of Amdy Faye (Mokoena clone).

The Faye transfer is dead in the water. Red tape scuppers the deal as he has played for 2 clubs this season. It is no use appealing the deal for a loan, an appeal is only acceptable if the deal is to be a permanent deal.

I'm not saying he's correct but nicko said this on the situation earlier.

FAYE - nice to see the LET following up...the claim that he can't join because he has already played for two clubs does not stand up...Jon Stead among others proved that wrong last season. Mind you, there could be another snag before he arrives.

Pienaar from Iccers...why am I not suprised? :lol:

Is the Faye think officialy over then, it's just that the FAI won an appeal over this for the Eircom league a week back !

lol hey Brian..Howzit going buddy? Hey Pienaar is my home boy... lol

He's probably the one player we could sign who ticks all the boxes of what we require from a new central midfield player, but I just get the feeling that either Hughes isn't that keen or the board aren't willing to back him on this one. Either is a huge misjudgement.

The article mentions Everton and Portsmouth as the other potential clubs interested. I can't see it being Everton as they've just re-signed Manuel Fernandes. Portsmouth will probably be interested, but I'm sure they'd prefer a loan move as the primary motive would be cover for their African players away on duty at the moment.

He's probably the one player we could sign who ticks all the boxes of what we require from a new central midfield player, but I just get the feeling that either Hughes isn't that keen or the board aren't willing to back him on this one. Either is a huge misjudgement.

The article mentions Everton and Portsmouth as the other potential clubs interested. I can't see it being Everton as they've just re-signed Manuel Fernandes. Portsmouth will probably be interested, but I'm sure they'd prefer a loan move as the primary motive would be cover for their African players away on duty at the moment.

Portsmouth just signed Diarra.. so the road is clear

Bit annoyed about Diarra, as he is pure quality and just what we need. I guess wages could have been a problem.

It looks like we are interested in Koumas for around £3.5 million. After thinking about it a bit more, it could be a good signing for us. No one knows him better than Hughes and the coaching staff, so I will back their judgement on that one, as they have not been wrong too many times in the past.

He certainly is a very talented player, who is very creative. However, considering his age, he is still a bit raw. I am sure Hughes can improve him.

Archived