BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Likely Transfer Window Targets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hardly see Diarra's wage demands being that much higher than Koumas'.

Really? I remember seeing a figure of 60k regarding the Diarra's Pompey deal - even if it would be 40k, I'm sure it's twice as much as Koumas would demand.

Apart from wages, I was also suggesting that players at the moment can select the club they go to.

There aren't too many French speakers at Ewood at the moment whereas there are a few at Fratton.

At the risk of falling into the pit the 'drog dug for himself but I have spotted two things-

Ashley apparently wants Keegan to sack Barton

Lee Hughes has been a revelation since getting out of prison and playing for Oldham

Is Barton beyond redemption or is it worth waiting outside the prison gates after he has done his time?

Apart from wages, I was also suggesting that players at the moment can select the club they go to.

There aren't too many French speakers at Ewood at the moment whereas there are a few at Fratton.

At the risk of falling into the pit the 'drog dug for himself but I have spotted two things-

Lee Hughes has been a revelation since getting out of prison and playing for Oldham

Is Barton beyond redemption or is it worth waiting outside the prison gates after he has done his time?

Yes, yes he is!!! :!:

Lee Hughes was jailed for manslaughter....Barton just beats the head in of anyone he meets including his own team mates

http://www.football365.co.za/news/zuma_the...16108202955.php

We might need more than one reinforcement in midfield. Aaron Mokoena was stretchered from the field in SA's game today.

The home side was shocked into action eight minutes after half-time when a cross from Dipsy Selolwane was head home by Moetlhaping to level the score.

Selolwane received his marching orders 10 minutes later when the Jomo Cosmos midfielder put in a shocking challenge on Aaron Mokoena, who had to be stretchered from the field.

Sounds like our man right there...he's finished the axe and set up his teams goal...batting 2 for 2 so far :lol:

What pit's that? :blink:

Come off it, you're not seriously comparing Andy Faye with any of the above players?

:unsure: Sorry?

No I am not comparing him to them, the OP said that 31 was no age for a footballer, the above were examples of footballers that age and above, nothing to do with Mr Faye.

The home side was shocked into action eight minutes after half-time when a cross from Dipsy Selolwane was head home by Moetlhaping to level the score.

Selolwane received his marching orders 10 minutes later when the Jomo Cosmos midfielder put in a shocking challenge on Aaron Mokoena, who had to be stretchered from the field.

Sounds like our man right there...he's finished the axe and set up his teams goal...batting 2 for 2 so far :lol:

Its a bit distasteful to wish injury on a player, let alone one of our own players, no matter how average he has been for us.

For the record while he has at times shown a lack of ability he has never shown a lack of effort compared to our other players.

Really dumb comment about Mokoena's injury.

Whilst we might have jumped out of the managerial frying pan with Newcastle, I fear we are in the transfer fire.

Keegan takes over a midfield of Butt, Smith and Emre (all suspended) and Barton. If he decides midfield needs attention, the few midfielders of any quality Rovers might be able to grab at the end of the window could be heading north east.

Really? I remember seeing a figure of 60k regarding the Diarra's Pompey deal - even if it would be 40k, I'm sure it's twice as much as Koumas would demand.

Koumas surely has to be on at least 20k at Wigan at the moment, if not more, remember the guy moved for over 5 million in the summer so it's not as if he'll be on nothing wages. Diarra was probably on a similar wage at Arsenal, his age, talent and the fact that he's moving to a lesser club will mean that he will demand more in wages, let's say in the 35-40k region, in other words, what our best players earn. Koumas will no doubt be on at least 25k a week if he comes here. I know that over the course of a contract you're talking a relatively large figure, but in a world where a single premiership place is worth something like 750k, adding a player of quality for what is a relatively small amount of money by footballing standards is almost certainly worth it.

I would just like to point out out that I was not expressing joy at Mokoenas injury, but simply pointing out that it may be viewed as a postitive by some Rovers fans and also that the lad that injuried him may be a good replacememt as he is also a tough tackler and from the evidence that he set up their goal is creative as well.

i apologise if I offended anyone, I have actually defended The Axe on other Rovers boards in the past

Thanks

Brian :)

lol,Brian u have offended me.... -_- the axe is our best midfielder,we need him at Rovers... hahahaha Brian i spoke to andy pandy last nite,says you guys have posted some of my comments on here onto the official board lol..what did Lee do or say? :lol:

Huddlestone could be availble again I think. Boateng, Zakora, Jenas, Malbranque all infront of him in the pecking order, O'Hara coming through.

The dream team (well best possible realistic signings) for me would be Sidwell and Huddlestone. Power and energy combined with silky skills. Also two players who I would seriously back Hughes to get the best out of.

If we do get Faye however it will probably be one of the two, if we get either.

The one thing in Koumas' favour is that he could put pressure on MGP. And he actually want to come to Rovers.

Oh and as far as Sidwell is concerned we have to be seriously in the running if we can get a deal with Chelsea of somesort. He will see what Hughes has achieved with Bentley and he will know Eddie from his time at Arsenal. And, of course, there is our league position to consider and the fact that he would definately regularly start for us which he would not for our main rivals Portsmouth and Everton.

The one big problem I could see is, as Phillipl says, Newcastle nicking everybody. Sidwell has Keegan written all over him, and with Barton trying to court her majesty's pleasure as much as she can he has to be an obvious target for the permed one to replace the miscreant.

1) Unless Diarra was particularly good mates with Bentley, I cannot see him choosing Rovers over the other bidders.

2) Diarra's wages might not end up being 3 or 4 times more than Koumas, but I think they will be double,

3) Koumas reminds me of another Jason- McAteer. We were linked to him for ages then finally signed him. He was OK but hardly the second coming.

4) For the Faye suicide squad, I believe its a loan to simply have a body to cover a frail midfield who is unlikely to do a Sav and say "I am better than you, I demand your place in the starting XI" and other team-huddle busting comments.

5) Interesting to see nicko's comments about a raft of well-endowed clubs being found to have used Christmas wrapping paper down their y-fronts.

6) At the moment prices are predicated on lack of supply. Perhaps, just perhaps, as 31 January approaches, lack of effective demand (ie no cash) might force some surprisingly good deals. Keggers was always one for the grand gesture so he might go and blow £20m on a superstar midfielder rather than pollute our corner of the market.

Archived