BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Likely Transfer Window Targets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Large proportion of today's stories are of the club x zeroing in on club y target or club z's deal in difficulties variety.

In the latter category, Juve have called off negotiations with Spurs over Tiago saying Spurs were too slow. I guess that kills any slim chance there was of Huddlestone moving and I guess the burly young man will now develop into a superstar at WHL.

Be prepared for other clubs to muscle in on our transfer interests. That's why they get leaked- to alert other clubs of the player's availability.

Blackburn are in talks with Chile captain Claudio Maldonado, who plays for Brazilian side Santos, over a £1m move. (Various)

apparently this guy is similar to Claude Makalele and Diarra in the way he plays...defensive midfielder,that can also pass a ball....unlike the axe

Blackburn are in talks with Chile captain Claudio Maldonado, who plays for Brazilian side Santos, over a £1m move. (Various)

apparently this guy is similar to Claude Makalele and Diarra in the way he plays...defensive midfielder,that can also pass a ball....unlike the axe

Fingers crossed Koumas doesnt end up here!

Still two days to go, do you think we've got time to get anyone else in on trial with a view to a loan, mess them about, leave them without a decision, and see them pinched from under our noses by another club or recalled to their existing club?

:angry2:

Are they getting pinched or just not good enough for us?

The Maldanado one is strange,as Santos appardntly allowed him to fly in for talks with us.to be quite honest,i dont think we wil sign anybody.i just think Hughes cannot find a decent enough player to walk straight into the 1st team.with the lack of money available to him,its even more difficult.im hoping the season comes to an end now,whether we qualify for europe or not,it just needs to end.im hoping though that we get some investor in to take over this club before the new season.we just cannot go on like this and expect to keep Hughes if we cant give him the financial backing

All this talk about not letting anybody leave,unless a suitable replacement is found well…Hughes has not found anybody yet..i would have though that Hughes would have 1st brought in a player,and then let Sav leave..so it seems that we might not be signing anybody,unless there is this mad scramble again come 11:55pm on deadline day. :rolleyes:

I take it you're in the "Mokoena is crap" gang. Granted he hasn't got an ounce of technical skill but he certainly holds the line well in front of the back four, perhaps better than Savage does. Savage was almost non-existent after his injury and I don't see what the big deal is. When was his last good performance?

He put in some very good performances at the beginning of the season and was a key part of the reason why we started well. When look at Savage I don't think you should overlook the fact that our form tailed off towards the end of last season after he was out and in December and November of this year when he wasn't playing as much. Mokoena does protect the back four, but that's all he does. He can only operate in a five man midfield or if he was playing alongside a very creative central midfielder who could also get forward, something we don't have. We have Tugay who can't run, Reid who's really just a powerful engine, Dunn who hasn't quite figured out whether he's going for the Reid or the Tugay and Mokoena who just sits in front of the back four. That doesn't allow you to dominate games, it doesn't allow you to create chances and it puts a huge amount of pressure on our wide players to create and our strikers to create things from nothing.

Archived