BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Likely Transfer Window Targets

Its a matter of finanacials though.... the goal of the academy is that it will pay for itself by turning young talent into first teamers or squad player and by churning out sellable players to pay for itself. Granted, one Duff can make the Academy 'profitable' for years, but if it isn't generating players, and isn't generating enough income to maintain itself, its a drag on the club's finances, and one that is tought to swallow.

I'm not yet convinced that the academy is a drain, but then again, has it been looked at. I assume the Rovers board keep a close eye on it, but still... it doesn't sound like a great operation at the moment.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Ade Akinyi is one of the most clinical finishers in World Football. Reid is a good player, but he wouldnt get in the starting line of any of the top 4 even top 6

Sorry - disagree.

IMO Reid was as effective for us, as Gerrard is for Liverpool. For me he was our poor mans Gerrard. If he can get back to that level of performance - and continue improve (as he was doing prior to his injury) - I believe we will have a player that most teams in the Premiership would like in their squad (as was proved by United's interest prior to him signing his new contract).

The Academy just made our club some more cash! Like they did with Duff - £17 million, Dunn, Garner, Taylor, Johnson etc etc etc....

If you add up what we spent on him, I doubt we made cash from the transaction.

By hanging on a club gets a better idea of where the market is - whether, say, that £5m bid for Marlon King is a bit OTT or completely bloody mental.

If a manager can save a few million by hanging on, then the canny ones will.

I know that's the thinking but I would have thought that unless you're in a position where you HAVE to sell for financial reasons, the price should go UP the nearer you get to the window and the more desperate the buying club gets to make a signing!

I know that's the thinking but I would have thought that unless you're in a position where you HAVE to sell for financial reasons, the price should go UP the nearer you get to the window and the more desperate the buying club gets to make a signing!

It depends who has already done their shopping and whether there is any benefit of keeping a player on the wage list for another five months rev.

In the case of Koumas, if nobody else makes a move for him, I could see Rovers squeezing down on the price plus a few performance kickers and us picking him up for a relatively reasonable fee at the end of the window.

Name of topic Dunnfc: Likely transfer window targets.

All three would come though because Milligan had a trial at PSV, Joseph has had moves to Reading and Celtic collapsed and Eddie Johnson has been linked with us before.

But yeah they are too known for us ;)

All three would come though because Milligan had a trial at PSV, Joseph has had moves to Reading and Celtic collapsed and Eddie Johnson has been linked with us before.

But yeah they are too known for us ;)

LIKELY transfer targets. Not names you would want here.

His wages are HOW MUCH?????? rtfm.gif

if there is an ounce of truth in this it is sickening! I know we have players on big money but i'd like to imagine its the ones that deserve it (Roque,Bentley, Friedel,McCarthy) so i dont feel too much resentment. But if this story is true i'd find it hard to muster much affection for my club if i supported fulham. I have so much love for rovers for simply not throwing money down the $h1ttEr a.k.a the championship!poo.gif

I can see it now,we sign this bulgarian on loan.he scores goals for us,and 1.5 mil becomes 3 or 4 mil that his club wants.or another club jumps ahead of us and offers him big money.we really need to freshen the squad up,to push for europe.

Archived