BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Likely Transfer Window Targets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much rests on Steven Reid, imo. It won't matter so much if we don't bring in a decent CM if that guy can return to his top form.

However, we must remember that even before his injury he was putting in some woeful performances (Rep Ireland fans will tell you about his showings for Staunton). Was that spell when he was elevated to reputed Man U target simply a purple patch - a la Steve Davis of Aston Villa and next big thing fame?

Or can we expect Reid to return to form which was drawing him comparisons (a bit OTT) with Gerrard.

I dunno...!.

However, we must remember that even before his injury he was putting in some woeful performances (Rep Ireland fans will tell you about his showings for Staunton).

Wasn't he playing with a stress fracture in his back which hadn't been diagnosed? :unsure:

I remember several people on here criticising him and I commented he looked far from fully fit because he seemed to lack his usual mobility.

So much rests on Steven Reid, imo. It won't matter so much if we don't bring in a decent CM if that guy can return to his top form.

However, we must remember that even before his injury he was putting in some woeful performances (Rep Ireland fans will tell you about his showings for Staunton). Was that spell when he was elevated to reputed Man U target simply a purple patch - a la Steve Davis of Aston Villa and next big thing fame?

Or can we expect Reid to return to form which was drawing him comparisons (a bit OTT) with Gerrard.

I dunno...!.

he got injuried at the start of last season, and played about 3 games-season before that he was absolutly brilliant..that season for me he was our own steven gerrard-except he didnt score goals, he was one of the best box to box midfielders in the league at that point..man utd were reportly interested..

i dont think we will see the best of reid for months to come..but for him to be on the pitch is a huge bonus..

hes been out injuried dont forget, he cant come good straight away..

Generally, have never understood why Clubs fanny about throughout January then all scurry frantically round at two minutes to midnight on the 31st trying to finalise deals.

The season basically finishes at the end of April.

If you really like a player and think he would improve your team/squad, would it not be easier and more sensible to get them in on January 3rd? :unsure:

Generally, have never understood why Clubs fanny about throughout January then all scurry frantically round at two minutes to midnight on the 31st trying to finalise deals.

If you really like a player and think he would improve your team/squad, would it not be easier and more sensible to get them in on January 3rd? :unsure:

I suppose a player could valued at £4 mill before a transfer window, but if there's no interest and the club wants to sell him, he might be worth a lot less come 11.59 pm on 31st Jan...

Clubs play chicken.

By hanging on a club gets a better idea of where the market is - whether, say, that £5m bid for Marlon King is a bit OTT or completely bloody mental.

If a manager can save a few million by hanging on, then the canny ones will.

Guest shoppybrfc
he got injuried at the start of last season, and played about 3 games-season before that he was absolutly brilliant..that season for me he was our own steven gerrard-except he didnt score goals, he was one of the best box to box midfielders in the league at that point..man utd were reportly interested..

i dont think we will see the best of reid for months to come..but for him to be on the pitch is a huge bonus..

hes been out injuried dont forget, he cant come good straight away..

And Ade Akinyi is one of the most clinical finishers in World Football. Reid is a good player, but he wouldnt get in the starting line of any of the top 4 even top 6

The Academy just made our club some more cash! Like they did with Duff - £17 million, Dunn, Garner, Taylor, Johnson etc etc etc....

The Academy had nothing to do with Duff, Dunn, Taylor and Johnson - they were produced before the Academy.

Since we've had an Academy - we've produced next to nothing.

The Academy had nothing to do with Duff, Dunn, Taylor and Johnson - they were produced before the Academy.

Since we've had an Academy - we've produced next to nothing.

I thought Duff was signed around the time the Academy started. Although i can't find anything about it after a quick search.

The academy as produced players who have flown the nest to divisions lower and have given us little income. I don't know how much is put into bringing each of these players through but i doubt we are doing to well.

Ye and maybe im father christmas.

Let's see...

He was bought this year so they probably don't want to sell him 6 months after.

So, if he goes on loan, he will want to make sure he plays, something he won't if he goes to a big team.

But I do like your ambition :P

Let's see...

He was bought this year so they probably don't want to sell him 6 months after.

So, if he goes on loan, he will want to make sure he plays, something he won't if he goes to a big team.

But I do like your ambition :P

Being ambitious and just being silly are two different things.

The Academy is such a dissappointment.

Joe Garner, Andy Taylor out.

Maceo Rigters, Bruno Berner in.

The academy is definitely a disappointment but so are the replacements. Can't BRISA raise the ineffectiveness of the academy with the club or something? It's about time there was root and branch review. Actually, it's not about time, it's long, long overdue.

academy useless? i wouldn't say that just yet - we've got the likes of treacy, Kane and olsson on the fringes of the first team.

So what if we don't exactly have a 'big four' team or for that matter academy it doesn't mean its rubbish :!:

Archived