BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Likely Transfer Window Targets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know much about him apart from a Villa fan I know saying that he's the worst player he's ever seen. He can't even spell "Andy" properly either for crying out loud (admittedley this is more his parents doing).

On spelling alone I'd steer well clear.

Are there any Rovers fans that actually watch football outside of Ewood park? If Owen is finished, then I'll take a team of 11 has-beens all as bad as he is and win the title with them. By about 12 points. He is still in his 20's, and whilst he may not be as fast as he was, he is still an instinctive finisher. Newcastle will get nothing out of him as they just play a long ball that is neither use nor ornament to the little chap. Along side Santa Cruz he would be fantastic.

He already has more money that he can shake a stick at so wages are not his biggest motivation. He took a massive pay cut to leave Real Madrid but did so becaus ehe wanted to get back to the UK and cement his England place. He's not exactly doing that with the 10 clowns that play along side him at St James Park is he? Especially as the training regime by all accounts is as brutal as their style of play. No wonder he has picked up a succession of injuries.

Any fool can see that Bentnley is a shoe-in for the next England team to fill the right wing gap. His delivery is excellent and with Owen on the end of those balls week in week out then we would be laughing. He is quality.

Shearer lost some of his pace after his knee injury but who here wouldn't have had him back at any point before he retired?

Chesh, Owen is a great shout, but I cant see Newcastle letting him go until they get a manger in who doesnt want him.

As far as I can tell our main concerns are central midfield and right back a striker can wait until summer.

If its Amdy Faye of Quashie I shall pull out a tantrum unseen in human history

###### do we need bodies, We need quality!,

We have 3 Central Midfielders!!!

Tugay - Currently collecting his pension and currently injured

Dunn - Not the best of injury records

Reid - Even worse injury record

and then in a month we get Mokoena back.

So we could be relying on 1 player that will be fit each week. That's when everyone starts moaning because we are playing Zurab in as a Central Midfielder. If we can't afford to buy in quality then quantity will have to do at this point.

Koumas and Sidwell would do for me.

Newcastle will get nothing out of him as they just play a long ball that is neither use nor ornament to the little chap.

How ridiculous has this got? Owen to come here? You're having a laugh. To say Newcastle play long ball is also a stupid statement. You've no idea how they are going to play under a new manager - or who it is going to be. :rolleyes:

News here mention Tottenham's interest in Katsouranis.

He has had some problems in Benfica recently so they might want to loan him (they want 10 million € for him, don't think anyone will give that).

I would love to see him playing for Rovers. He's a great midfielder, experienced, very good heading.

Are there any Rovers fans that actually watch football outside of Ewood park? If Owen is finished, then I'll take a team of 11 has-beens all as bad as he is and win the title with them. By about 12 points. He is still in his 20's, and whilst he may not be as fast as he was, he is still an instinctive finisher. Newcastle will get nothing out of him as they just play a long ball that is neither use nor ornament to the little chap. Along side Santa Cruz he would be fantastic.

He already has more money that he can shake a stick at so wages are not his biggest motivation. He took a massive pay cut to leave Real Madrid but did so becaus ehe wanted to get back to the UK and cement his England place. He's not exactly doing that with the 10 clowns that play along side him at St James Park is he? Especially as the training regime by all accounts is as brutal as their style of play. No wonder he has picked up a succession of injuries.

Any fool can see that Bentnley is a shoe-in for the next England team to fill the right wing gap. His delivery is excellent and with Owen on the end of those balls week in week out then we would be laughing. He is quality.

Shearer lost some of his pace after his knee injury but who here wouldn't have had him back at any point before he retired?

I know what you`re saying,but with a squad as small as ours,we need players who can be available for the majority of the season.With Owen you just can`t see that happening.

In fact i will go as far to say this:i don`t think owen will ever score 15 goals a season again in the premiership.

Shame really because fit and on form he is easily the best striker England have,even above Rooney.

Someone better inform Giggs, Scholes, Figo, Van Nistelrooy, Maldini, Cannavaro, blahblahblahblah

Come off it, you're not seriously comparing Andy Faye with any of the above players?

Faye is the wrong sort of age AND crap, granted you might make allowances for age if it was a player of exceptional talent as listed above.

Definite example of why we urgently need new investment if we're reduced to looking at players like Faye - wrong age, not good enough to improve the starting eleven and fitness not even guaranteed.

Can't see any point at all in adding to the wage bill on him.

As for Chesh's Owen/McCarthy swap, can't see it happening but yes please, Owen would do wonders for our profile and go a long way towards filling the remaining gaps in the stadium.

Could surely only ever theoretically happen either before a new Newcastle manager was appointed, or if the new man made a poor start in the same vein as Allardyce.

Agreed. Owen is still class and one of, if not the best goalscorer/finisher in the league. He'll nebver come to Rovers though - we wouldn't pay his wages.

Fulham have apparently made a loan offer for Valencia's David Albelda. It is thought that Koeman has told him that he has no future with Valencia and can leave. He would be a far better option to get on loan than Amdy Faye.

If he is a realistic signing for Fulham then what are we doing looking at Amdy Faye?

I'd love to see Albelda here.

No transfer links whatever but I have seen this guy (once!) and he looks like he could be one hell of a player.

Daniel Chavez

Raw, but someone from Ewood please look at him, he's fast as flip....

It may be he's in Belgium due to their "generous" citizenship rules and will move to a big club once he's a European, not sure.

Archived