BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Likely Transfer Window Targets

Well, if we have any sense, which I'm sure we do, we will agree a fee before he comes on loan.

Indeed, much like the Bentley, Nonda and other loan deals we've done. It gives us an extended trial period whilst maintaining that we get first option. It's a win win situation for us.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't read this morning's papers and nearly crashed the car at teatime when Adrian Durham mentioned the possibility of a Reid/Koumas swap on Talksport.

That would be just about the worst deal ever for us.

Why don't we go the whole hog and do Bramble/Samba as well?

:wacko:

The ever reliable fountain of knowledge/b"llocks that is wikipediacrylaughin.gif reports that the bulgarian carl lewis signed on loan yesterday, so i have no doubt that he'll be playing in spain or some where come the end of the window! On another point Roy Hodgsonstars.gif is looking to sign litmemen who is now 36 and out of contract, poor signing to avoid the drop but also why the hell has he been wasting away playing for malmo. The guy was class, too old now but i would have loved him here!

On another point Roy Hodgsonstars.gif is looking to sign litmemen who is now 36 and out of contract, poor signing to avoid the drop but also why the hell has he been wasting away playing for malmo. The guy was class, too old now but i would have loved him here!

Why Malmo? There hasn't been much of interest for the player who's practically made of glass. He hasn't played more than 15 games in a season since he first left Ajax in 1999 and has played his last league game in autumn 2006. Brilliant player, but waaaaay past his prime. Was on "pay-as-you-play" in Malmo, so if Woy asks, will play for practically free - if their physios have enough painkillers, duct tape and a wheel chair to wheel him to the pitch.

Mooney who? :rolleyes: c'mon john williams show Hughes the Mooney please so we can get in some decent players ffs....

He may not be a big name but neither were some of the other now first team regulars that Sparky picked up. The man is top scorer in his league, he can't do any better than that until he is given a chance. He may be rubbish but that's the idea of a trial.

Anyway, at least we have more buying power than cork city.

He may not be a big name but neither were some of the other now first team regulars that Sparky picked up. The man is top scorer in his league, he can't do any better than that until he is given a chance. He may be rubbish but that's the idea of a trial.

Cork can have MGP if they want

Its not about being a big name player,its about signing players that will feature in the 1st team and not rot away like Rigters.Rigters is a talented player,but Hughes hardly played the lad.The league that this lad plays in is completely different to many of the other players that arrived at Ewood have played in.I would rather Hughes go for an older player with experience than a young man,who wont play much and will become frustrated at the lack of opportunities.This is why the deal for this Bulgarian player might not happen,because we cant guarantee him 1st team football.and he played in the champions league,compared to this Mooney fella.So whats the chances of him playing regularly in the 1st team?

Its not about being a big name player,its about signing players that will feature in the 1st team and not rot away like Rigters.Rigters is a talented player,but Hughes hardly played the lad.The league that this lad plays in is completely different to many of the other players that arrived at Ewood have played in.I would rather Hughes go for an older player with experience than a young man,who wont play much and will become frustrated at the lack of opportunities.This is why the deal for this Bulgarian player might not happen,because we cant guarantee him 1st team football.and he played in the champions league,compared to this Mooney fella.So whats the chances of him playing regularly in the 1st team?

We don't necessarily have the money available to buy an experienced striker. If they aren't as good, which is likely than Benni or Rocky then they will just be a bench warmer, so your just spending good money on players like Roberts, who sit on the bench and get unhappy.

On the budget Hughes keeps telling us he has to work with we have to look at cheap options. I would much rather sign the Bulgarian lad as one for a season or 2 down the line than sign Marlon King for £5m who would bench warm for us. I know you don't mean this experienced but at the other end of the scale cheap older players include Dion Dublin or Teddy Sheringham. The youth route has to be more favorable for sparky, in the short term at least, if he can keep spotting gems. Then you come down to the issue of funds and the fact we need an investment to progress.

I don't think we can keep up with the clubs around us in the fights for established european or premiership quality players. They have more money to work with and as much as it bugs me most players go for the money.

The problem is you can't tell how good Rigters will be, Hughes has faith in him and wants to keep him and at £300k it's not a massive gamble. You just have to have faith that they will be good enough when it comes to it and if not then try and make a profit.

we aint gonna sign anybody on a permanent deal this month, becaus eit is all we can do to get a loan signing and patch things things up, until the summer.

I wonder if KK and Joey Barton will fall out before the 31st? He's a deranged bstard alright and KK has that much money to spend that he needs him like a hole in the head but we need someone combatative to replace Sav and beggars cannot be choosers.

Next Kevin Doyle maybe?

I was going to say that myself. Reading signed him from Cork City and he adapted to the Championship and Premiership immediately. In his first season in the Premiership I think he was the top scorer from a country you could roughly describe in this case as being a home nation. The chances of it happening again are small (Roy O'Donovan at Sunderland being a prime example), but it's worth a go, just as long as he isn't seen to be strengthening the first team squad.

I wonder if KK and Joey Barton will fall out before the 31st? He's a deranged bstard alright and KK has that much money to spend that he needs him like a hole in the head but we need someone combatative to replace Sav and beggars cannot be choosers.

I don't want him ANYWHERE NEAR this football club. Sometimes you really have to take the moral highground, and that man is scum.

the celebration is in the name :brfcsmilie:

If he's anywhere near as good as the last Mooney we had he'll do for me. One of the most entertaining forward lines I have ever seen was Mooney, Crossan, Briggs, Quigley, Langton. Oh the memories that lot brings, and the fantastic games we saw then. Every one of them was a truly great player in different ways. Mooney was a wizard of dribble, Crossan was a schemer and goal scorer, Briggs a legend (7 in one match), Quigley one of the finest football brains ever, a superb passer over any distance, and a cannonball shot, Langton very fast winger and superb pin-point crosser.Of all the Rovers sides I have seen in action over the period 1946 to present day that was the best for sheer consistent performance and entertainment. Never been equalled.

"Middlesbrough are also interested in out-of-favour Tottenham keeper Paul Robinson, with Blackburn Rovers and Everton also keeping tabs on the player. (The Times) " WORST LIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![[/i

I now have more respect for a transfer rumour in razzle than i do the times, clueless halfwit came up this load of arse. Must be dopy southern woman journalist no other explanation!!!!!!!idiot.gif

Brother is tranmere fan, got home from school before him about 15 yrs ago pre-skysports news, told him aldridge was killed in car crash and he swallowed it hook line and sinker in the worst 2 minutes of his life trying to get ceefax to change page! Next day he said Gallacher was dead after training ground accident, about as convincing a load of arse as blackburn being interested in paul robinson!

Archived