BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Attendances On The Up

Ben-2000

I wouldn't hold your breath. The number of teenagers & few supervisory adults being shipped into the JW Upper suggest that there were 100s of either concessionary tickets galore, or possibly a hell of a lot of freebies.

Or season ticket holders shipped out of the Daren End

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wayne the official attendance was 30,316 but where were the 1,000 empty seats?

The first 2 rows of the top tier of Darwen End were empty, so thats 350ish As for the rest, don't know

Front two rows Darwen upper not sold because the Mancs always stand (but this ticket sales restriction doesn't happen at Everton or Newcastle where you really would get raspberry jam if one of them fell over).

The others are because Rovers count the press, stewards' and substitutes' seats into Ewood's official capacity!

It was a good turn out and the Darwen end was full of Mancs but we did very well on ecouraging rovers fans to the match...I guess the club cannot afford to turn down revenue from selling out the away end..I would rather see it half empty than sell out to away fans..but that is reality I suppose...

Without doubt the ticket initiatives this season have been a great success.The crowds are going the right way for the first time in a long while and I feel next season will see a continued improvement.....its encouraging for all to see! :rover:

I wonder what the gate reciepts and tv/commercial income were for yesterdays game?.No doubt miniscule compared to the big city clubs but compared to any other club relative to our size I would have thought very,VERY good.

Forget your Lancashire Utd theno :lol:

poor gord he cant reply because ....he cant

Will we ever see 31,367 people in Ewood ?this is the official capacity touted yet even yesterday still fell 1051 people short of this number.On the official site ,I recall reading that this was a sellout.Why not sell the 2 rows on the top tier of the Darwen End as well as whatever other seats which would add up to this mystical number(31367).Better yet why not "officially" lower the official capacity to 30,316 so our capacity in % would be a better reflection?

Does anyone have a good answer to this question?

I suspect 31,367 is the amount of people officially allowed into the ground at any one time.

I suspect this includes police, catering staff, stewards, balls boys etc, all of whom will deduct from the official gate, which is tickets sold.

This is an educated guess, not a set in stone confirmed answer.

Will we ever see 31,367 people in Ewood ?this is the official capacity touted yet even yesterday still fell 1051 people short of this number.On the official site ,I recall reading that this was a sellout.Why not sell the 2 rows on the top tier of the Darwen End as well as whatever other seats which would add up to this mystical number(31367).Better yet why not "officially" lower the official capacity to 30,316 so our capacity in % would be a better reflection?

Does anyone have a good answer to this question?

Highly unlikley that we will ever get 31,367.

The club sold 30,600 tickets, which was a sell-out after taking out the first 2 rows in the Darwen End Upper for safety reasons and discounting the stewards and press seats. There must have been 284 season ticket holders who did not come and did not recycle their tickets. There were 5 empty seats behind me for example.

Front two rows Darwen upper not sold because the Mancs always stand (but this ticket sales restriction doesn't happen at Everton or Newcastle where you really would get raspberry jam if one of them fell over).

The others are because Rovers count the press, stewards' and substitutes' seats into Ewood's official capacity!

Answering the questions above.

The first 2 rows of the top tier of Darwen End were empty, so thats 350ish As for the rest, don't know

i`m sure all the mancs stood in the steps in the lower tier more than made that up as i didnt see any spaces even with all the stairs used ..

is the WHOLE blackburn end including the prawn buttie boxes supposed to be rovers only ?

why do they insist on putting away fans in the boxes behind probably the most partizan part of the ground ?

Box 1 again.

Despite reassurances from several people I see this is still happening on a regular basis.

300 seats at £30 each not sold for both the Liverpool and Man U games comes to £18,000.

Would it not be worthwhile sticking a safety net along the front of the Darwen End Upper to catch any drunks falling over and make it difficult to drop anything onto the people below?

is the WHOLE blackburn end including the prawn buttie boxes supposed to be rovers only ?

why do they insist on putting away fans in the boxes behind probably the most partizan part of the ground ?

The problem is that Rovers (and every other club) will sell a box to a business who want to use it for entertaining their customers. Those customers will more often that not be fans of the away team. Rovers can't stop them coming in, but they will stop them being provocative if we nag them.

To make you feel better, if you look at the Mun Utd thread there is a link there to a neanderthal United fans' site that is complaining of the opposite happening at the Darwen End.

300 seats at £30 each not sold for both the Liverpool and Man U games comes to £18,000.

Would it not be worthwhile sticking a safety net along the front of the Darwen End Upper to catch any drunks falling over and make it difficult to drop anything onto the people below?

I think there already is a ledge just beyond the front wall in the unlikely event of any drunk falling over .

The front row or two are needed for the security people to keep an eye on any trouble makers and potential missile throwers . For example , when UTD on Saturday scored a copper went straight down to the front row near me in order to identify exactly where some scum fans were . Either that or he was getting as far away as possible from the trouble ...... <_<

• 2 weeks later...

What was it last season?

I'd guess this season we have had on average 750-1000 more home fans at pretty much every game.

I'd also guess one or two away followings have been up by the same amount, purely down to raised expectations due to alot of clubs spending big last summer.

Unfortunately it wouldn't suprise me to see the figures drop slightly again next season.

Archived