BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Attendances On The Up

Ben-2000

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately it wouldn't suprise me to see the figures drop slightly again next season.

And why is that exactly ?

Rovers have had a very successful season.

Rovers attendances in general are spiralling upwards and appear to have turned the tide.

There is nothing but POSITIVENESS coming out of BRFC On and OFF the field.

Rovers have again set the trend for Season Ticket prices and appear to be again on the right track.

Rovers have a young supporter programme which is being used as a tool for other clubs and are obviously doing the right things.

I just dont agree with your VERY negative slant and cannot see any evidence whatsoever that we will see a decline.

Finally, on the away supporters point. Next season we will see visits of both Stoke and WBA. If we remove Derby, Reading and say Fulham, those two visits alone will see MORE away fans through the turnstyles at Ewood and therefore again helping the average crowd move upwards once again.

Rovers can expect fantastic away followings from the following games:

Newcastle, Sunderland,Manure, Liverpoo, Everton, City, Stoke, WBA, Arsenal,Chelsea,Villa, SPurs and maybe Bolton (if they get their act together).

Thtas 12 games or so with an average crowd of around 27000 plus.

Unfortunately it wouldn't suprise me to see the figures drop slightly again next season.

The poll on the season ticket topic suggests attendances will drop by around 5 %. Is that accurate, we'll have to wait and see.

Well there's always a drop because of youngsters going to university, folks moving to different areas etc., and for some other activities infringe on their attendances.

I've always felt that Rovers should target new housing developments in the area, maybe giving new residents a special offer for a first match or something. Maybe a small drop in the ocean but I'm a firm believer that every little helps. Bolton Wanderers are upping their involvement in the Chorley area so Rovers need to keep up there.

We've one off to London but I'll get her 16-21 Membership and she will probably want to go to the London matches. I've signed up another two though so that's only one down!

Guest fernhurstblue

good to see rovers fans in the top tier of the darwen end on saturday ..... end if it was only a couple of hundred. if we can hang on to RSC and DB and make maybe a quality addition or two, then i'm sure the club can grow the fan base even more.

would be interesting to know that average figure for 'home' areas of the ground, and how much this has increased this season.

1864...."Rovers attendances in general are spiralling upwards"

Better yes, but spiralling? :unsure: the 1st season in the last 5 to reverse the downward spiral.

Rovers MUST build on this positive upturn in fortunes.

would be interesting to know that average figure for 'home' areas of the ground, and how much this has increased this season.

A noted increase in all three home stands this season without any figures at hand thats for sure....I feel Rovers WILL build on the home crowd and average attendance next season but, as ever, it will be a small, steady effort.

Newcastle, Sunderland,Manure, Liverpoo, Everton, City, Stoke, WBA, Arsenal,Chelsea,Villa, SPurs and maybe Bolton (if they get their act together).

I dont think you will be too far off the mark there Roverite.

Rovers attendances in general are spiralling upwards and appear to have turned the tide.

There is nothing but POSITIVENESS coming out of BRFC On and OFF the field.

Rovers have again set the trend for Season Ticket prices and appear to be again on the right track.

Rovers have a young supporter programme which is being used as a tool for other clubs and are obviously doing the right things.

I just dont agree with your VERY negative slant and cannot see any evidence whatsoever that we will see a decline.

Finally, on the away supporters point. Next season we will see visits of both Stoke and WBA. If we remove Derby, Reading and say Fulham, those two visits alone will see MORE away fans through the turnstyles at Ewood and therefore again helping the average crowd move upwards once again.

Rovers can expect fantastic away followings from the following games:

Fighting talk indeed.

Why will it go down? Our attendences are the same whatever.

They are totally relient on the day we play certain teams. Though the away support might not fall as dramatically, if WBA, Stoke, Spurs, Arsenal, Newcastle, Villa, Bolton etc come on a Tuesday night, they WILL get lower crowds than if they are on a Saturday.

Rather unusually this season the vast majority (Only Sunderland and Villa differ) fell on Saturdays (Chelsea was Christmas) which will mean the crowds will be higher.

The chances are next season not all those games will fall at such kind times, certainly not as many as this season.

The result? A drop in the average attendence.

If you think there is going to any new regulars next season then you are kidding yourself. The fixtures just fell kinder for the floaters this season. Not being negative, just stating the obvious really.

Well, personally I, the archpessimist, think that you are being pessimistic. Obviously economic circumstances are going to be a factor in that everyone is paying more for food and fuel, but I can't see why we can't grow our fan base provided that nobody expects miracles.

Thanks to the boy from Ruabon. It's been steady progress for our little club since 2004, and even though he's signed a contract stretching to next year it's difficult to see it extended any further. Any Manager who can take a club to this position, in the richest league in the world, with bugger all to spend is a prime target.

If United win the double Fergie will stay for another season, and if that's the case I think Sparky will be off just after that.

:(

P.S. Positiveness ? Bloody hell Wazza, Positivity was the word you were looking for old chap.

Most reliable sources say Fergie will retire at the end of next season. If thats the case then it will be interesting to see if they turn to Hughes.

They will be after the best manager available. It's difficult to put Hughes in that bracket, just yet.

I think Ferguson leaving now would be best for us with regards to keeping our manager, as I really don't think they'd go for Hughes this summer.

TBH I have doubts over whether they would ever go for Hughes whilst he's with us, unless he managed to win us a cup or break into the big 4.

Everton are the team I'd be more concerned about.

To be honest what is there to recommend Hughes to United. He is an old boy which is a bonus but he has won no trophies, nor managed the "big players" as wveryone likes to point out.

United could appoint anyone in the world. Hughes doesn't come into the picture unless they decide to appoint someone for the long term and they show a huge leap of faith.

That aside I would say that I will be suprised if we go into 2009/2010 season with Hughes as manager just due to how these things go. If he gets us into the top 4 he will become a serious contender for top clubs, if he finishes in the top half it will feel like we are making little progress.

I am excited about next season though, and who he wll get in over the summer. We should hopefully in August have a very good squad.

I think Quieroz is the next United manager, wait until a year or 2 after he takes over, when he fails and then worry about Hughes going there. I agree with Drog on this one, be worried by the fallout of the Celtic job, be it him going there, or to Everton if Moyes goes there.

Looks like Rovers have just finished with an average home gate of just below 24000. I dont know the average from last season but this appears to be a definate increase.

Can anyone else enlighten us ?

Last season was 21,275. This season is 23,916. Increase of 2,641.

From what I have read, Rovers have very deliberately marketed Rovers' low prices to the fans of opponents by getting free notices printed in the home programmes of visting sides' games preceeding the Ewood game.

Last season was 21,275. This season is 23,916. Increase of 2,641.

Is this accession good or bad? Before season what was aim? Imo att 25000 is very good. Must hope (dreaming) we can get this average in the future. So I don't know is 25000 realist.

To be honest what is there to recommend Hughes to United. He is an old boy which is a bonus but he has won no trophies, nor managed the "big players" as wveryone likes to point out.

United could appoint anyone in the world. Hughes doesn't come into the picture unless they decide to appoint someone for the long term and they show a huge leap of faith.

That aside I would say that I will be suprised if we go into 2009/2010 season with Hughes as manager just due to how these things go. If he gets us into the top 4 he will become a serious contender for top clubs, if he finishes in the top half it will feel like we are making little progress.

I am excited about next season though, and who he wll get in over the summer. We should hopefully in August have a very good squad.

I can really see everyones point on this but, I have asked loads of Utd fans if they would want MH in charge and I always get a resounding yes. Also on the possible appointment of Keane. Now the fans don't pick the team but just thought I would bring it up as many utd fans would select Hughes ahead of quite a few big time managers.

Archived