• Dunn
    • Reid
    • Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Kishi
    • Roberts

what was it like after the game?the piggies are always grumpy

I can still see their glum faces sat on their train waiting to leave for bolton.

To say Rovers fans took the P*** would be somewhat of an understatment :lol:

For me it's the one game we simply cannot lose so celerbrations went well on in to the night :wacko:

It's just a pity we didnt have more there to see it. :angry:

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We've got the best record in the Prem for coming back to win.

We've come back from losing positions 10 times to take points. 5 wins and 5 draws.

Looks like you've been reading The Daily Telegraph which did a little league table of Prem teams who have got points after going a goal (or more) behind.

Three for a win & one for a (unmentioned) draw.

Comeback Wins Points gained

Rovers 5 18

Arsenal 4 14

Chelsea 3 11

Villa 2 11

West Ham 3 10

Birmingham 2 8

City 2 7

Derby 0 1

I know that there are lies, damn lies & statistics but that is pretty impressive. Perhaps if we stopped going behind then we would be lower down that particular table.

Looks like you've been reading The Daily Telegraph which did a little league table of Prem teams who have got points after going a goal (or more) behind.

Rovers 5 18

Arsenal 4 14

Chelsea 3 11

Villa 2 11

West Ham 3 10

Birmingham 2 8

City 2 7

Derby 0 1

I know that there are lies, damn lies & statistics but that is pretty impressive. Perhaps if we stopped going behind then we would be lower down that particular table.

Take that a step further and if you do a league table based on first goals in matches, not only would Fulham be Premiership title contenders (well-known fact and another one this last week-end) but we would also be relegation fodder.

Funniest sight at the breezeblock?

Half-time me and my mate went for a beer in the concourse.Whilst my mate was queuing up i saw somebody coming back from the queue with beer and pies ,he gave one of the pies to his mate who looked at it in disgust,"potato and cheese?" he said "POTATO AND CHEESE?!!,I WANTED MEAT AND POTATO!! " at which point he slapped the pie still in its cellophane bag on his mates head!!

Needless to say the bag exploded and his mate ended up with potato and cheese pie running down both sides of his face! Luckily he saw the funny side as everybody was laughing at the poor bugger!

Funniest sight at the breezeblock?

Half-time me and my mate went for a beer in the concourse.Whilst my mate was queuing up i saw somebody coming back from the queue with beer and pies ,he gave one of the pies to his mate who looked at it in disgust,"potato and cheese?" he said "POTATO AND CHEESE?!!,I WANTED MEAT AND POTATO!! " at which point he slapped the pie still in its cellophane bag on his mates head!!

Needless to say the bag exploded and his mate ended up with potato and cheese pie running down both sides of his face! Luckily he saw the funny side as everybody was laughing at the poor bugger!

If you think about it in a weird parallel universe kinda way, if your mate didn't slap that pie across your friends face, we possibly wouldn't have won that game. What he did was fate.

thought Roberts attitude and committment was top class. Said a few weeks back given the midfield problems in the squad we need to pick the passionate players and that Roberts and rocky up top supported by benny in a diamond formation would be worthwhile. Benny worked hard yesterday and his and the teams celebration was an uplifting feeling given recent results performances and events. I liked the way Roberts pointed to the ground repeatedly angrily whilst looking at the fans to say "I'm committed, I'm staying, Jason Roberts is your man. I won't let you down."

Agree with most posters. Bolton a poor side had the best of the first half. Reid at fault though he had just swapped with oiujar as rovers were having problems with bentley not covering back.

Campo was by far the most influential player and megson made a mistake taking him off. He was well pi****d off and didi a benny. Mcann did well when he came on but nowhere as influential as campo. Once Hughes had sent a different rovers out for the second half and we scored early you knew we could would win.

I feel after 6 hard weeks or so the second half with the team bonding that went on, that we have turned the corner.

Would add Nolan worked hard but was disappinting all round. No class. Gone off him. Contrary tho I thought before the game that campo was a over hill long haired spanish donkey how wrong, if we could nick on a free for 6 or 18 months, I would now be quite pleased. Pleasantly surprised by him and his name was the one chanted most by the home fans to boot.

It's just a pity we didnt have more there to see it. :angry:

Aggyblue...."Can't understand why we didn't, we never lose at the Breezeblock"

January can be a long hard month as a lot of people don`t get paid until the end of the month, then they have creditcards & christmas to pay for......plus it was on tv.

I didnt go, as I refuse to give Bolton money, after they tried to charge us about £35 a year or two ago. 18,500 for a derby is poor, but we had 2000 there so they can only be blamed for that. Good to see our support increasing at home and theirs going down.

Lets be honest, the shot took a massive deflection, without which it's unlikely it would've resulted in a goal.

That said, he did brilliantly to get that far.

Come T4E, give him due credit where its deserved. The run from 10 yards inside his own half deserved the goal itself.

:wacko:

I didnt go, as I refuse to give Bolton money, after they tried to charge us about £35 a year or two ago. 18,500 for a derby is poor, but we had 2000 there so they can only be blamed for that. Good to see our support increasing at home and theirs going down.

Talking to a Bolton fan at work, he said he wont be renewing his season ticket next year as hes had enough of Gartside.

I thought our allocation was 1,506 (in the lower tier) only?

Correct.

It is still nice to see that not only did our ST sales go up this year when Bolton's went down (despite a price cut) but our average attendances are now higher than Bolton and I can't remember when that last happened. Before you mention relative performance on the field remember that season tickets are bought before a ball has been kicked.

18,500 for a derby is poor, but we had 2000 there so they can only be blamed for that.

:unsure:

two seasons ago......Rovers v Bolton at Ewood Park, the gate was only 18,180.

.....that game was on telly too. We can hardly take the higher ground on this.

:unsure:

two seasons ago......Rovers v Bolton at Ewood Park, the gate was only 18,180.

.....that game was on telly too. We can hardly take the higher ground on this.

That was then (see my post above). I would be amazed if we did not get considerably more than that for the home fixture next month. Historically we have always had smaller crowds than Bolton (fair enough Bolton's a bigger town) but no any more. If things continue as they are and Bolton stay up and don't significantly reduce their prices the gap will be even wider next season.

Rovers 5 18

Arsenal 4 14

Chelsea 3 11

Villa 2 11

West Ham 3 10

Birmingham 2 8

City 2 7

Derby 0 1

...and Fulham would be top if games stopped at half-time. Probably about half of the teams in premiership can find a statistic that makes them look very good, but the thing is you can't escape the fact that we have now fallen behind in too many games this season. At the moment I expect us to go behind, from that moment on I rate it about 50/50 whether or not we'll come back, now that's a better chance than I would have given us in previous seasons, but we're falling behind so often that the fighting spirit isn't producing extra points. We also can't escape the fact that we let in a lot of soft goals, particularly for the first goal in a game.

Historically we have always had smaller crowds than Bolton (fair enough Bolton's a bigger town) but no any more. If things continue as they are and Bolton stay up and don't significantly reduce their prices the gap will be even wider next season.

Piffle. Where did you (not) do your research? Bolton have had bigger crowds than BRFC for only half a dozen years in the last 40 or so. They are miles adrift of us!

Their support for such a large town is abysmal. No doubt the proximaty of Manchester has stiffed em over the years but our changing demography hardly helps us does it?

Check it out.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co...landcontent.htm

Whilst you are at it why not compare the crowds of all the Lancashire clubs and you will find that Bolton, PNE and the Dingles are all very much our poor relations. As I have said many times there is only enough support in the entire county to support ONE TOP FLIGHT TEAM.

If you think the answer is for a "Lancashire United" football team then you really have no soul, no heart, no committment, no "I know it doesn't make any sense but I do it anyway because I'm a supporter."

You might as well be called Glazer, Hicks, Gillet, Abramovich, Shinawatra or Ashley.

Go! and never darken our towels again!

Archived